Jerry Jones: I was so close to drafting Johnny Manziel

erod

Reaction score
It

There will be no NAILS in the GMs coffin because that would require the Owner to get the nails and use the hammer and that is not going to happen.

Follow up question in 2016: "Jerry, now that Manziel, whom you touted as a great NFL player, is out of the league altogether, are you glad your personnel people talked you out of that pick?"

John813

Reaction score
Jerry loves to talk.

Nothing more.

I think by now, fans should realize this guy could babble about anything, just to hear himself talk.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Follow up question in 2016: "Jerry, now that Manziel, whom you touted as a great NFL player, is out of the league altogether, are you glad your personnel people talked you out of that pick?"

Will the same fervor in the opposite direction occur if manziel turns out to be good...kind of doubt it. Waste of time to even think about it IMO.

Just another excuse of fans acting stupid over something stupid jerry says that does not even amount to a hill of beans except for more drama by fans and by jerry.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Consider....

Jerry said this AFTER Manziel was seen with a rolled up $20 bill in a bathroom in Vegas.

That's just hillbilly stupid.

But.... but.... maybe he just likes the way $20 bills smell. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt here. Media darling Manziel would never do anything illegal. I think he was using the rolled up 20 as a straw for his sippy cup.

Animosity

Reaction score
I really, really hope Manziel is the biggest bust of all time... because if he isn't and turns out to have a great career.....

Angus12

Reaction score
And ultimately, at the end of the day, it served no purpose. Zero.
I disagree. It served exactly the purpose he wanted it to.

You're talking about it. I'm talking about it. Every other person in this thread is talking about it. ESPN is talking about it. NFL radio is talking about it. Other teams fans are talking about it. Etc...

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. It served exactly the purpose he wanted it to.

You're talking about it. I'm talking about it. Every other person in this thread is talking about it. ESPN is talking about it. NFL radio is talking about it. Other teams fans are talking about it. Etc...

In other words...whether he meant it or not...they gots trolled. lol

rkell87

Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim..._In_1v1s/9db85ed6-3197-45be-a61f-6825c1a41098

6:10 jerry says "by the way my expectation is for tony to be our QB for serveral years to come" while holding up 4 fingers

sZp5Ghx.jpg

dstovall5

Reaction score
Most of us knew this already, and it's why I was sweating bullets when we were on the clock. Jerry loves entertainment, even more so then winning (at times it seems), so drafting Manziel would've been right up his ally.