Video: Jerry Jones made a 50 million dollar mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If Justin Fields is there I think you can basically replace Dak with Dak.

Lance I’m not sure about.. Mac Jones I like but I’m a little worried about where the league is trending with athletic QBs and getting a guy like him but he does remind me of 2014 Romo..

He can move around and makes smart decisions with the ball.

I like Trey a lot more then I like Justin Fields Catch.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Im trying my best to see it.

I definitely think there is more upside with Lance but I think Fields has a high floor and I’ve yet to see something that screams NFL to me in terms of Lance throwing the football.

His projection, to me, is based 100% on his athleticism.

He’s tough for me to project.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think we are in Kirk Cousins mode. If Jerry wanted Dak signed he would have done so. Are we year 3 of negotiating now?
I think it will be years 3 coming up. So 2 so far.
However, I think we offered Dak much better deals (relative to the market) than what Washington offered Cousins.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think of Fields.
I do know that I wildly disagree with those around here who think he's a better prospect than Lawrence.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Im trying my best to see it.

I definitely think there is more upside with Lance but I think Fields has a high floor and I’ve yet to see something that screams NFL to me in terms of Lance throwing the football.

His projection, to me, is based 100% on his athleticism.

He’s tough for me to project.

I have serious concerns on exactly how well Fields reads and goes through progessions. He looks really slow to me Catch.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think of Fields.
I do know that I wildly disagree with those around here who think he's a better prospect than Lawrence.

Lawrence, to me, is hands down the best prospect in this draft. I like three QBs in this draft more then Fields.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’ll throw caution to the wind with this comment because I really think Dak has some great traits and I want him here but at this point just do the sign and trade. My favorite part of old Jerry was the absurdity of going big with signings, trades etc. Go absurd again. We are stuck in the middle as it is. Might as well make it all exciting

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Thing is, the Jones boys (not to mention a few fans) convinced themselves that the Cowboys had a "loaded roster" and were ready to win in 2020.

They signed a few names on the back end of careers, recycled McCarthy, and thought they were going places. That's how clueless the Cowboys have become.

Good luck starting over with the same two jokers calling the shots. I've seen this story more than once and know how it ends.
Yeah, I remember the extreme replies when I stated that we were at least 2-3 years away no matter what.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Who really cares what these media clowns say. They have to find air time and it's rare you find an objective opinion about the Cowboys.

lk8701

Reaction score
Non-exclusive tag him so we can get two first for him. We if can't two one's, then we trade him.

The problem with this is that Dak would most likely sign with a team like the Saints (28th overall pick) or Colts (21st overall pick). Both teams would make the playoffs again with Dak so the 2022 1st rounder won't be high either. I would try to negotiate a sign and trade with Dak.

My Idea: Trade Dak and Gallup (one year left on his deal) to the Jets for the 2nd overall pick, 23rd overall pick, and DT Quinnen Williams. Draft QB Zach Wilson (2nd pick), CB Caleb Farley (10th pick), and CB Jaycee Horn (23rd pick) in the 1st round. Draft OT Alex Leatherwood or Samuel Cosmi in the 2nd round. Draft a replacement for Gallup in the 3rd round. Draft a RB in the 4th round. Sign S Justin Simmons, DT Dalvin Tomlinson, DE Yannick Ngakoue, and OL Joe Thuney in free agency.

Dak might agree to it since we are including Gallup in the trade. The Jets have 72 million in cap space so they can give Dak a great contract. They could also afford to go after Chris Godwin in free agency. Godwin, Gallup, Crowder, and Mims doesn't sound too bad for Dak. Robert Saleh is a great defensive coach so that should also appeal to Dak. I would even include Zeke in the trade if Dak really pushes for it but I would require extra draft compensation from the Jets.

plymkr

Reaction score
You know I think this Dak thing comes down to 1 question. Are we a horrible team that Dak pushes us to an 8-8 playoff bubble team or are we a bubble team that Dak can't get us over the hump.

I feel that's the question that the FO has to make decision on and act accordingly.

I personally feel we are an average team that Dak has not shown the ability to get us over the hump. 2017 and 2019 are my reasons for this thinking. 2016 and 2018 the team has better players around him and thus better results. I'm not convinced Dak took us to the playoffs. I was for a while but I'm losing faith.

What do you guys think?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I like Dak.. I like the Cowboys more.. Dak’s contract caps my team along with several other bad deals we have. No thanks.
That's where you're wrong. Daks contract will not "cap" the Cowboys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I have serious concerns on exactly how well Fields reads and goes through progessions. He looks really slow to me Catch.

lol me too..

But I figure if Dak can adapt then a guy like him can too.

His interviews on TV seem pretty good.. He sounds intelligent.

He does need to see guys open and doesn’t throw them open.. Like Dak..

He has a better deep ball then Dak and he’s more athletic.

I don’t think he’s a spectacular player at this level but I think he has a high floor and on the right team maybe he looks a little better then he actually is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember the years of “let him finish the deal to see what we have. It’ll be worth it in the end”

That stupid take we had to listen to for 2 seasons.
I remember a long-term decision made at the position after a 2 1/2 month evaluation made from a Johnnie Walker Blue label gut and endorsed by overwhelming euphoria. Prescott shoulders zero blame. He capitalized on an opportunity and enjoyed a historic rookie season. 100% of the blame is the general manager, who is responsible for having the foresight of keeping all available options open until enough information has been assembled to make a long-term decision.

Someone will likely mention Garrett, who I still place little-to-no-blame upon the decision. Ultimately, all football decisions (personnel or otherwise) are rubber stamped by Jones.

Super Bowl contention can be fleeting for practically any franchise. 2016 was one of those years but the You Can't Mess With Chemistry mantra was strong with The Force back then. It is funny how some of the mantra chanters of yesteryear slowly developed into Get Rid of Prescott enthusiasts after-the-fact.

It is a Jerry Jones world. And we simply live in it. lol. :(

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You know I think this Dak thing comes down to 1 question. Are we a horrible team that Dak pushes us to an 8-8 playoff bubble team or are we a bubble team that Dak can't get us over the hump.

I feel that's the question that the FO has to make decision on and act accordingly.

I personally feel we are an average team that Dak has not shown the ability to get us over the hump. 2017 and 2019 are my reasons for this thinking. 2016 and 2018 the team has better players around him and thus better results. I'm not convinced Dak took us to the playoffs. I was for a while but I'm losing faith.

What do you guys think?

I think there's too much focus on Dak or no Dak while there are several holes on this team.

I'm also not sure who these bad teams are that win only because of the QB. That's a myth.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
The transformation to a Cincinnati type organization will be complete if Dakota ends up elsewhere.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
lol me too..

But I figure if Dak can adapt then a guy like him can too.

His interviews on TV seem pretty good.. He sounds intelligent.

He does need to see guys open and doesn’t throw them open.. Like Dak..

He has a better deep ball then Dak and he’s more athletic.

I don’t think he’s a spectacular player at this level but I think he has a high floor and on the right team maybe he looks a little better then he actually is.

Not saying this is what you are trying to articulate but, being able to read defenses and go through progressions quickly and effectively is not really an indicator of intelligence. It's really how fast your brain can process what it sees. You can be whip smart but not be able to see things and react to them as quickly as you need to. It's a thing for years right? QBs who couldn't read quickly enough were labeled as dumb but then you would hear them on interviews and they wouldn't come across that way. It's a synapses thing.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I remember a long-term decision made at the position after a 2 1/2 month evaluation made from a Johnnie Walker Blue label gut and endorsed by overwhelming euphoria. Prescott shoulders zero blame. He capitalized on an opportunity and enjoyed a historic rookie season. 100% of the blame is the general manager, who is responsible for having the foresight of keeping all available options open until enough information has been assembled to make a long-term decision.

Someone will likely mention Garrett, who I still place little-to-no-blame upon the decision. Ultimately, all football decisions (personnel or otherwise) are rubber stamped by Jones.

Super Bowl contention can be fleeting for practically any franchise. 2016 was one of those years but the You Can't Mess With Chemistry mantra was strong with The Force back then. It is funny how some of the mantra chanters of yesteryear slowly developed into Get Rid of Prescott enthusiasts after-the-fact.

It is a Jerry Jones world. And we simply live in it. lol. :(

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.