Video: Jerry Jones made a 50 million dollar mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Be fair.

This team was legendarily bad on defense.

Pick whichever QB in league history you want and they don't win with the defense that Dallas put on the field this year.

That said, yeah....because of that, Dak doesn't turn them into a great team if not injured.

There's really not many QBs that can get it done on their own. Rodgers in the regular season is as close as it comes.

They need to step in crap to end up with the right supporting cast anyway, which is why I dont think Daks 40M yearly matters much.

Still would need to pay 25m per to someone like Darnold or Bridgewater.

The savings doesn't mean as much as you want to think.

We have more then a 4 game window to go off of..

There is too much stock put into that small sample size.. The only thing we can say for certain is the team in September was trash.

All these other arguments stem from people being delusional about statistics and ignoring the cause of those statistics.

The same offense that all they needed was a defense couldn’t move the ball at al in the 2nd half against the Rams and was terrible early on in those other uh mazing performances.

It’s almost as if those horrible pass defenses were trying to protect their enormous lead and giving cushion for us to do whatever we wanted.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

They were going to be a bad team even if they signed Dak 2 yrs ago! The defense on this team is horrible and has to be destroyed and rebuilt from the ground up. As for signing Dak, I'm good with sign and trade only anything more than that just isn't a good fit if this team wants to be a playoff bound club.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They were going to be a bad team even if they signed Dak 2 yrs ago! The defense on this team is horrible and has to be destroyed and rebuilt from the ground up. As for signing Dak, I'm good with sign and trade only anything more than that just isn't a good fit if this team wants to be a playoff bound club.

What I don’t get is why we need to pay Dak all this money but we also need to build a Super team around him.

The team he needs to win with is a team that if Andy Dalton had could get you to the same place Dak does.

Either focus on team building or sign Dak and accept our mediocrity.

You aren’t building a champion and paying this guy though.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
My gosh Jeff Saturday is an idiot.

“They aren’t a 6-10 football team with Dak Prescott on the field.”

We were a watermelon kick away from 0-4 you donut.

What are we with him? 7-9? 8-8?

Get out of here with this nonsense.. This overrating of Dak is part of the problem.

In the same vein, you are ignoring the 35 points a game the defense gave up the first 4 games as well. And they were a bogus no call on Gallup away from being 2-2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
In the same vein, you are ignoring the 35 points a game the defense gave up the first 4 games as well. And they were a bogus no call on Gallup away from being 2-2

I’m not putting that much stock into 4 games all together..

I have almost 5 seasons to judge Dak on.. I know what he is as a player.

We were better when he did less and Zeke and the OL did the heavy lifting.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
My gosh Jeff Saturday is an idiot.

“They aren’t a 6-10 football team with Dak Prescott on the field.”

We were a watermelon kick away from 0-4 you donut.

What are we with him? 7-9? 8-8?

Get out of here with this nonsense.. This overrating of Dak is part of the problem.
Dan Orlosky was the only one on ESPN making an argument for not signing Prescott but he is such a tool that his argument made no sense. The stupid talking heads don’t think Dak is a top quarterback but they think he is worth 40 million plus.:rolleyes: Marcus Spears is the biggest idiot of them all.

Just say Dak has only won one playoff game in 5 years and the team has basically been mediocre since 2016. Dak was terrible in a win and you go home game against Wentz in Philadelphia. Most importantly if you take away Dak’s games against the NFC East last season he was an average quarterback. The Cowboys would have probably made the playoffs if Dalton did not have the concussion and missed the Eagles game. Clearly Allen, Jackson and even Baker have passed Dak on the pay your quarterback scale. Dalton could have beaten the Eagles and Steelers.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because even with him they're a bad team.
OK I'm calling BS on that. With a healthy OL and Dak many were picking this team to be in the super bowl. That was just 6 months ago.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
OK I'm calling BS on that. With a healthy OL and Dak many were picking this team to be in the super bowl. That was just 6 months ago.

the only people doing that were either on heavy medication or worked for the Cowboys PR arm. No one with an ounce of sense looks at this team as being able to make it to the playoffs let alone compete for a Super Bowl.

DFWJC

Reaction score
As of right now, all Jerry has done is SAVE money.
But we'll see how that plays out after a new deal is inked.

Just add what the new contract is to what he paid Dak the last two years minus what Dak wanted him to pay him the last two years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dan Orlosky was the only one on ESPN making an argument for not signing Prescott but he is such a tool that his argument made no sense. The stupid talking heads don’t think Dak is a top quarterback but they think he is worth 40 million plus.:rolleyes: Marcus Spears is the biggest idiot of them all.

Just say Dak has only won one playoff game in 5 years and the team has basically been mediocre since 2016. Dak was terrible in a win and you go home game against Wentz in Philadelphia. Most importantly if you take away Dak’s games against the NFC East last season he was an average quarterback. The Cowboys would have probably made the playoffs if Dalton did not have the concussion and missed the Eagles game. Clearly Allen, Jackson and even Baker have passed Dak on the pay your quarterback scale. Dalton could have beaten the Eagles and Steelers.

I’ve noticed the light bulb is finally starting to flicker on here at the Zone in terms of seeing what I’ve been saying about this for a couple of years now.

If we don’t sign the Dak deal I’m sure it will just become common knowledge of something that just had to done.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

lol and look how the season started..

They did the same thing in 2019 and we were a mediocre team that lost to almost every winning team we played and boasted about Dak’s stats that he mostly accumulated against 3 of the worst teams in the NFL. Over half of his TD passes came against 3 trash teams.

We have large sample sizes to go off of.

You are right though.. If the aging OL, defense, and Zeke step up then Dak may be able to get us to a championship but what decent QB with all those things going right couldn’t?

Aven8

Reaction score
So we lose Dak and still have Coop, Zeke, Dlaw, and Jaylon? Outside of Coop all of those contracts are awful. If we lose Dak that will be the reason. The reason the D sucks is JG couldn’t win without All Stars on the Oline that are all being paid. Now one of them retired, and maybe two more on there way out.

We can’t rebuild with the aforementioned contracts folks. It would be silly.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You know that they are being biased towards Dak right and blaming this entire mess on Jerry while also acknowledging that Dak was just betting on himself lol.

I hope he has bet himself out of Dallas for being so greedy and thinking that him being paid has no consequences on our team.
Can't wait until the Cowboys sign him. Then every game he plays you'll be rooting for him to fail so you can come here and pound your chest.

Motorola

Reaction score
Not just ESPN....but all of sports media is treating the Cowboys - Prescott negotiation stalemate as a repeating rigmarole, on equal footing with the Texans dilemma.
We as fans have the choice of ignoring it all until the resolutions come forth...or tune in daily, and continuously speculata with every new opinion and rumor.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I think we are in Kirk Cousins mode. If Jerry wanted Dak signed he would have done so. Are we year 3 of negotiating now?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I think we are in Kirk Cousins mode. If Jerry wanted Dak signed he would have done so. Are we year 3 of negotiating now?

Yep, Jerry has never been accused of being the person who shy's away from handing out the blockbuster contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.