Twitter: Jerry Jones message to disgruntled fans: "I'm giving it all I got"

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep................and a lot of posters think it's all Dak's fault we can't get past the 2nd round.

Going to be hilarious when Dak leaves next year and we get a new QB and we still don't make it past the 2nd round.

The problems with this organization run much deeper than Dak, simply replacing him is not going to suddenly change much.
I do not think its Daks fault .......... but Dak will never be able to win anything on a Jerry run team ....... we need a generational talent at QB to win on a Jerry team ........ might as well start looking for that guy instead of wasting time with a guy who needs things Jerry will never give him.

And yes I know finding a guy like that is like .01% ........ but what choice do we have until Jerry is gone?

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep................and a lot of posters think it's all Dak's fault we can't get past the 2nd round.

Going to be hilarious when Dak leaves next year and we get a new QB and we still don't make it past the 2nd round.

The problems with this organization run much deeper than Dak, simply replacing him is not going to suddenly change much.
Dude. This thread is not about Dak.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I tried my hand at insurance sales, after years of insurance claims work. Figured I'd do good since I knew what to sell.

But I wasn't very good at it, so I went to work for a contractor doing estimates, like I did as an adjuster.

Jerry's a great salesman and was evidently a very good oil man, but he sucks at running an NFL team. And he knows that, just said so and has previously, in a round about way.

Difference between myself and Jerry is I didn't let my pride get in the way, would rather do a great job instead of a lousy job in my work life...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This tells us all there is to know about Jerry Jones.

It’s not even as much as a thought that someone ELSE would be a better choice to run the team.

He honestly and truly believes that he is the best possible man for the job because no one is better than him at being a human or a ‘football guy.’

HE is giving it all that he can. Yeah Jerry it’s not really the effort level anyone is concerned with.

My biggest hope is that after he is finally gone…..Stephen steps up and says we will hire outside help to run football ops. Jerry didn’t want it that way and we respected it, but we will now hire a GM, who will select the next HC….
100% agree.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Any owner/GM should not interject themselves into how the players' perception of who is running the team as far as the sport is considered.
Which is true of nearly every other NFL team, not just now but way back to the start of the league. I guess Halas was the biggest exception, though he WAS the coach a lot of those early years.

Jerry just can't help himself.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
A true risk taker would have risked hiring an outside qualified football executive--via a lengthy interviewing process of as many candidates as possible--for a minimum of one year. Or a minimum of one month. Or a minimum of one week. Or even a day. Not once in 35 years has he taken THAT risk. Jerry Jones is a risk taker, who can borrow up to his gills and above over $100 million dollars in order to purchase a National Football League franchise but has not, will not and like never shall take the easiest risk imaginable.

Risk taker my <expletive>. Dude is a narcissist.
I want to disagree with your assessment but I can't...even in the clinical sense. Lovable narcissist...but a narcissist.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well that explains alot...your neither a River boat gambler or a mall cop....your also not an NFL GM...how bout just go with being a good business man and hire the other 3 with the money you have and sit back and watch success happen.

Sydla

Reaction score

Another 7 minutes.

tenor.gif

This sums up Jerry and his disasterous run as GM.

stiletto

Reaction score

It'll be much less "Choke" if we lose in the 1st round of the playoffs with a guy making about $20+ million less than Dak's wanting. That's 3-4 other FA starters!

At Dak's salary, he's supposed to be able to get over some of the limiting "other" factors. He can't because he's LIMITED himself. Especially when the lights get bright.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Off topic here ...... watched your avatar last night ....... it was silly but good.
Silly is Deadpool, both in the comics and now on-screen. Ryan Reynolds has delivered zany insanity in all three of his movies. He was literally born for the role.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is true of nearly every other NFL team, not just now but way back to the start of the league. I guess Halas was the biggest exception, though he WAS the coach a lot of those early years.

Jerry just can't help himself.
Bold> Narcissism is one of, if not the, biggest kind of ego humans can have.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fans can’t be too disgruntled. Stephen said the team had the highest rate of renewal ever on season tickets.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Clarence Hill Jr
@clarencehilljr

Jerry Jones has a message for Cowboys fans: "I know that I have had a lot of mistakes in these years. But the same guys making this decision that has the Cowboys and really got there by the skin of my teeth. And it was a miracle that I was able to pull it off. A miracle. But the same imagination, the same risk-taking, the same taking risks but being pragmatic, being inconsistent, sometime looking like you're a Mississippi riverboat gambler and sometime looking like you're trying to guard the national mall. Those inconstancies are how we got here. Now that is what your'e seeing going on right now. And I don't know for sure if it's going to work. But I am giving it everything I've got." He’s all in

1:27 PM · Jul 25, 2024

Jerry has Fallen and He can't get up