Twitter: Jerry Jones message to disgruntled fans: "I'm giving it all I got"

EGTuna

Reaction score
What I don’t understand is that Jerry ALWAYS caves and pays the highest contract whenever a player holds out. Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. CeeDee’s agent knows this, and will wait Jerry out.

So why not just sign CeeDee to that deal before TC? (I won’t bother lamenting how Jerry could have signed CeeDee this time last year for 90% of what it will be this year). Why go through this silly charade that could potentially disrupt the beginning of the season and expose CeeDee to hamstring/quad/calf issues that can happen when players don’t go through a full TC? It’s uttter foolishness.

But based on that presser and the rambling nonsense that emitted from his dried out pie hole, utter foolishness would be an improvement.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Clarence Hill Jr
@clarencehilljr

Jerry Jones has a message for Cowboys fans: "I know that I have had a lot of mistakes in these years. But the same guys making this decision that has the Cowboys and really got there by the skin of my teeth. And it was a miracle that I was able to pull it off. A miracle. But the same imagination, the same risk-taking, the same taking risks but being pragmatic, being inconsistent, sometime looking like you're a Mississippi riverboat gambler and sometime looking like you're trying to guard the national mall. Those inconstancies are how we got here. Now that is what your'e seeing going on right now. And I don't know for sure if it's going to work. But I am giving it everything I've got." He’s all in

1:27 PM · Jul 25, 2024

It ain't enough, pardner........

kskboys

Reaction score
Clarence Hill Jr
@clarencehilljr

Jerry Jones has a message for Cowboys fans: "I know that I have had a lot of mistakes in these years. But the same guys making this decision that has the Cowboys and really got there by the skin of my teeth. And it was a miracle that I was able to pull it off. A miracle. But the same imagination, the same risk-taking, the same taking risks but being pragmatic, being inconsistent, sometime looking like you're a Mississippi riverboat gambler and sometime looking like you're trying to guard the national mall. Those inconstancies are how we got here. Now that is what your'e seeing going on right now. And I don't know for sure if it's going to work. But I am giving it everything I've got." He’s all in

No, Jerry, you are not. Not even close. Your job as the owner is to hire a competent GM. You have failed miserably in this job. This is an out and out lie.

plasticman

Reaction score
Jerry, stop giving it all you got! Please!

What you got isn't what this team needs.

The GM position cannot be a part time job. You can't deviate from the critical functions of building a winning team because you have to deal with marketing issues, stadium management, or court appearances every time you are sued by a young person that looks a little like you.

You want to give us something worthwhile? Give us a GM!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
LOL.

Settle in boys, gonna be a long time before we see a SB again.
Yep................and a lot of posters think it's all Dak's fault we can't get past the 2nd round.

Going to be hilarious when Dak leaves next year and we get a new QB and we still don't make it past the 2nd round.

The problems with this organization run much deeper than Dak, simply replacing him is not going to suddenly change much.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Yep................and a lot of posters think it's all Dak's fault we can't get past the 2nd round.

Going to be hilarious when Dak leaves next year and we get a new QB and we still don't make it past the 2nd round.

The problems with this organization run much deeper than Dak, simply replacing him is not going to suddenly change much.
If keeping Dak or releasing Dak doesn't matter then we should part ways regardless.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
While I appreciate the admissions by Jerry that he's made many mistakes throughout his tenure, I'm compelled to say it's time to hire a new GM.

I fully know and understand that it's extremely difficult to admit to one's failings but there's a time to confess it and make room for someone else!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
WTH? I honestly did not understand a damn thing that fool said, really, what was he trying to say?
you have to buy the code book for translating what jerry says into real english!!!!
You can buy it in the cowboys merch store for $350

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Unless he was talking about actual salary paid out if they re-signed all three this offseason.

He's being extremely disingenuous comparing AAV to the cap, and even then all three AAVs won't come close to 70-75%
you say that like you know how much they are asking for.
By the time they get to micah lol he may want 100 mil a year as he thinks he is the best nfl player ever !!!!!!!!
lamb thinks he is the best wr in the nfl lol.

And Dak He thinks he is 2nd best, but doesnt care, he still wants 60 mil a year.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
I actually believe him.

He just doesn’t have anything to give.
He’s not smart with football operations. The way he waits for other players to set markets and THEN pays them higher, it’s stupid. His keeping Big Mike, many other things through the years…..he’s not a good football GM. Made money in business, but bad in football operations.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
While I appreciate the admissions by Jerry that he's made many mistakes throughout his tenure, I'm compelled to say it's time to hire a new GM.

I fully know and understand that it's extremely difficult to admit to one's failings but there's a time to confess it and make room for someone else!
He wont ever do that lol. You might as well find another team.
Jerry lives to GM, sox to jox lol This is his toy and he isnt giving it up.

Your all stuck with jerry for many years to come lol .
Better buy a codebook, and cut some holes in a paper sack if your going to a game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He wont ever do that lol. You might as well find another team.
Jerry lives to GM, sox to jox lol This is his toy and he isnt giving it up.

Your all stuck with jerry for many years to come lol .
Better buy a codebook, and cut some holes in a paper sack if your going to a game.
Feeling compelled to say so and expecting it to come to fruition are two different propositions, my friend. I see no harm in mentioning it, though!
Sometimes, it's best to let one's feelings be known, rather than to keep it inside and permit it to fester, for the sake of one's mental health!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Clarence Hill Jr
@clarencehilljr

That Philosophy is beyond stupid. Two completely different extremes at a time whims notice.

It just highlights the fact that Jimmy Johnson carried the Cowboys in the 90's.

stinkface

Reaction score

Agree. They lucked out with both Romo and Dak and still went nowhere in the playoffs. The issue isn't whether they have been pretty good at QB. The issue is how the rest of the team was put together. That falls on the owner/gm.