Twitter: Jerry Jones message to disgruntled fans: "I'm giving it all I got"

_sturt_

Reaction score
Just finished watching.

Jerry talked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. And worse, he seemed to be saying the same thing over and over, sometimes in almost the same words. Of course, it wasn't all his fault... the questions tended to be directed to him. But it would have been good for Mike and Stephen to have jumped in more often than they did, imo. And zooming out to the bigger picture... I hope this doesn't become a theme of this season, just out of common respect for anyone at his age, but especially someone who has been part of the fabric of Cowboys life for almost 40 years...as we know too well right now, let's just be honest, sometimes friends and family and colleagues closest to our 80+ population fail them by not pulling them aside, giving them some suggestions and boundaries intended to help them not embarrass themselves.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
stressed-rubs-eyes.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless your coach is named Mike McCarthy.
Why is Mike McCarthy an exception? I have always thought both Jerry and Stephen Jones should take a back seat out-of-sight of every head coach.

Good or bad, teams should adopt the their head coach's persona. Any owner/GM should not interject themselves into how the players' perception of who is running the team as far as the sport is considered.

It is a form of passive leadership that should be taken for granted. The perception should not be eclipsed by a uber attention seeker.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Unless he was talking about actual salary paid out if they re-signed all three this offseason.

He's being extremely disingenuous comparing AAV to the cap, and even then all three AAVs won't come close to 70-75%
Fact...Jerry said could be and projected expenses. Oh, he does know cost, wake up.

GMO415

Reaction score
Clarence Hill Jr
@clarencehilljr

Jerry Jones has a message for Cowboys fans: "I know that I have had a lot of mistakes in these years. But the same guys making this decision that has the Cowboys and really got there by the skin of my teeth. And it was a miracle that I was able to pull it off. A miracle. But the same imagination, the same risk-taking, the same taking risks but being pragmatic, being inconsistent, sometime looking like you're a Mississippi riverboat gambler and sometime looking like you're trying to guard the national mall. Those inconstancies are how we got here. Now that is what your'e seeing going on right now. And I don't know for sure if it's going to work. But I am giving it everything I've got." He’s all in

1:27 PM · Jul 25, 2024

This ain't Star Trek!

Sydla

Reaction score
I can’t tell if Jerry really is this ignorant of the cap/AAV/costs or he’s saying this to gaslight people as to why they continue to be freaking cheap in FA.

_sturt_

Reaction score
#7 - You will not post p******** discussions, comments or content.

The not so subtle references ain't gonna cut it peoples. Quit it.
You know, I can't be sure whether my previous post was what prompted this, but let me be perfectly clear so there are no false impressions about what my post was about...

The press conference camera was on Jerry for 75% of the total presser... yeah, I got curious and went back to add it up... 35 minutes of 47 total.

Stephen and Mike divided the other 25% in almost exactly half, one getting 5 1/2 min, the other 6 1/2 minutes (!).

I'm sorry but it's not some p******** observation. At all. Jerry showed signs today of being oblivious to his dominating the show, having no apparent filter and rambling like my elderly family members have at times when they were starting to fade. It's something many if not most of us have seen first-hand.

In hindsight, Jerry seems to have come to the podium with a defensive edge to him, though in typical Jerry fashion, always trying to put a positive spin as much as possible.

To be fair, the questions would have put me on the defensive, too, if I were in Jerry's shoes, but then to my leading point, Jerry didn't stop. He just kept going and going and going, and seeming to have no governor in his head to say "you should stop now and let other people talk."

Worse, he was anxious to jump on to add his rejoinders to questions directed to Stephen or Mike... only making his domination that much more glaring. Indeed, about 30 minutes in, Jerry had been on camera for almost 25 of those minutes, Stephen about 5, and Mike? 35 seconds.

I've watched a lot of pressers over the years, including these Oxnard opening day ones... yes, I've watched Jerry dominate a presser on occasion, but in the past, he ordinarily comes to himself and even starts encouraging the reporters to start directing some of their questions to Stephen or Mike (or Will McClay). Today, he wasn't that. It's an observation, not a diagnosis. Of course. But it's an observation that many of us are familiar with observing. And it's not my fault. I saw what I saw, heard what I heard. Neither is it my fault that the cultural dialogue on my twitter feed in this vein has been constant for a few weeks. It's all legitimate observation about what observable.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I found out today there are actually fans older than 10 that still think Jerry is a good owner. I couldn't believe it.