CFZ Jerry Jones must trade for Derrick Henry

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn't do a second for a 30 year old running back. Now if they win a ring or even a NFC championship game? It would make it all worth it. But its not smart roster building to trade a 3rd rounder for a 30 year old running back.

But I said the same thing about the Lance trade. I wouldn't trade a 4th rounder for Trey Lance but I can get behind the player and getting him. A 2nd for Henry is out of the question. That's just too much. Maybe you can do a incentive based deal? If we get to a NFC Championship maybe you can turn that 3rd into a 2nd or a another 3rd the year after?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sure why not we have poor history with 2 round picks anyways
We have a poor approach to the 2nd round but if not for the 2nd round we don't have D-Law and Diggs. I get we hate the approach but we shouldn't just throw it away unless they want to take a tight end again then yeah i'd throw it away.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We have a poor approach to the 2nd round but if not for the 2nd round we don't have D-Law and Diggs. I get we hate the approach but we shouldn't just throw it away unless they want to take a tight end again then yeah i'd throw it away.
They got very lucky with Diggs. Still dont know how he fell that far.

They also used a second on Joseph (character issues), Williams (Character issues) thinking that giving them millions would take the issues away.

I am sending Tennessee a second, sam williams and Gallup for Henry and Hopkins. Fixes our offense immediately, shows the fan base you actually care, and gets 2 guys off this team that dont seem to want to be here anyways.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's another issue....they aren't blocking now for Pollard. Hell we may need to be trading a 2nd for some linemen if this keeps up.
They are blocking. Pollard just isnt a run up the middle back. They need to pull and run stretches, counters, and some misdirection. Pollard is being utilized wrong.

Aven8

Reaction score
TP got the franchise tag folks. It isn’t happening

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They got very lucky with Diggs. Still dont know how he fell that far.

They also used a second on Joseph (character issues), Williams (Character issues) thinking that giving them millions would take the issues away.

I am sending Tennessee a second, sam williams and Gallup for Henry and Hopkins. Fixes our offense immediately, shows the fan base you actually care, and gets 2 guys off this team that dont seem to want to be here anyways.
That's the draft though. Luck. Because we also got Lamb after Raiders and Bronco's passed him up. I mean I understood Jeudy at the time but Ruggs was not a better prospect than Lamb. Got lucky there.

I have no issue trading Gallup I just don't know why anyone would right now lol.

Sam Williams I keep. Still think there's potential there.

I don't trade for Hopkins they can't even get the guys the ball they have now. I honesty would rather give Tolbert more touches than trade for Hopkins. I wanted Hopkins via free agency not trading. He was there and they didn't go after him.

I just want Henry off them. Hell i'll take Jeffrey Simmons but I don't think he's available. He's the one guy though.....i'd trade it all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not giving up a 2nd for a 30 year old RB when the Niners only gave up a 2nd for 25 year old McCaffrey.

Plus physical runners like him usually fall off a cliff around 30.
I think they gave up more but you are right. Forgot that McCaffery got traded for a 2nd rounder and some change. Just not smart to trade 2nd rounders for 30 year olds. People are living in the moment people would be pissed if we did that that lol.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Naw....Dallas is going to burn a first round pick like they did with Amari after they found out that Dak wasn't the dude who was going to elevate his receivers.

Majic

Reaction score
if you offer the Titans a 2nd for Henry they will bite your hand off.
A massive over pay

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's the draft though. Luck. Because we also got Lamb after Raiders and Bronco's passed him up. I mean I understood Jeudy at the time but Ruggs was not a better prospect than Lamb. Got lucky there.

I have no issue trading Gallup I just don't know why anyone would right now lol.

Sam Williams I keep. Still think there's potential there.

I don't trade for Hopkins they can't even get the guys the ball they have now. I honesty would rather give Tolbert more touches than trade for Hopkins. I wanted Hopkins via free agency not trading. He was there and they didn't go after him.

I just want Henry off them. Hell i'll take Jeffrey Simmons but I don't think he's available. He's the one guy though.....i'd trade it all.
Sam Williams. After all of his off field nonsense and lack of impact had the audacity to tweet (FREE ME).

Yeah I want him off this team. Just like I wanted Joseph off this team.

JJ said it best. "hit me in the head with a hammer if I draft another dumb player"

conner01

Reaction score
Dallas is NOT trading for Henry....
I don’t think so either and I sure wouldn’t give a second. With Micah, lamb coming due and Diggs paid we need every premium pick we can get. You have to get cheaper guys to play other positions when you have so many on second contracts

Ken

Reaction score
And that being said, is he worth a 2nd? I say yet. Dallas is sorely missing Zeke. What's a better way to mitigate that loss? Go get Derrick Henry. Man, If i'm Jerry Jones, then I'm going to get Derrick Henry today. Do what it takes. Go get him Jerry Jones. Redzone offense solved with adding Derrick Henry.
I think a 2nd and probably a 5th would get it done.

I may do it if I believe he puts us over the top.

I am just not sure he does though.

Aven8

Reaction score
You were wrong last week when you said it and your wrong again.

You think if Zeke was on this roster the offense would be fixed?

NO.
Right. Bo Jackson couldn’t run through a hole that isn’t there.

John813

Reaction score
Eh, bellcow back at 29?
He is truly a freak at his size and still is a good back, but man, long term, not sure how long it'' last.

Most I would offer is a 3rd straight up, unless Henry +picks are coming back to bump it to a 2nd.