Jerry Jones: Not closing any doors on the possibility of keeping Jason Garrett

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Because no coach worth his salt is going to want to coach here and have Garrett, Jerry's golden boy, in his ear telling him what the coach did wrong or what he would have done differently.

Garrett needs to leave the organization. Giving him another role is just more of the same BS that has led to over 20 years of futility.

To be totally honest, I didn't even think about that... You're absolutely right...

kumizi

Reaction score
He just doesn’t want to “fire” his son. He’ll just let his contract run out.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
There you go, Jerry....just what fans needed after another disappointing debacle of a season, a swift kick in the nads.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score

source.gif

:clap:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Why should it matter if he has a job in the FO? At least he's not HC and he's not on the field.... That should be a win for all

He needs to go away. A Machiavellian type guy. A Rasputin. He will be whispering in Jerry’s ear and undermining anyone. Besides what real coach would want to take direction from him?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don’t really care who the coach is next year as long as the defense improves in specific areas and the offensive playcalling improves on 3rd down and in the red zone.

I’m ready for a change across the board, but if I really believed some of the irrationally bitter fans would actually stop posting, I’d take one more year with Garrett. But even I cannot face another year with this awful special teams unit.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
The one satisfaction we can take from this is that Jerry is suffering. I really believe he is. I hope he is sick to his stomach, can't sleep. has a headache, and feels generally awful. Jerry is so stubborn, so unwilling to do what is needed, he deserves to suffer through this. It is of his own making.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
He's not going to fire Garret. He'll move him into the front office.
How can he fire him? His contract is essentially over.

During JGs interview he knows its over. When asked about particulars he wouldnt even acknowledge it but rather talking about the practice week. I think he's come to terms. I think he knows a change a scenery is probably best for him too.

The only satisfaction i would get about JG coming back is it would get rid of some of the trolls per their words. But i doubt they would leave as they said they would.

Sydla

Reaction score
Garrett with new top level offensive ( like a Kubiak) AND defensive coordinator (Marvin Lewis)?????? or
Fire all assistants and allow Jason to choose his own new staff??????

One thing obvious though, Jerry's struggling with it.

This is definitely one way he could go. Neuter Jason even more by trying to bring in guys like Kubiak and Lewis but at least he can say Jason is the HC.

He needs to rip the band aid off and suck it up.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Shut up Jerry...I'm as sick of him as I am of this team. Tough to be a fan...We watch Philly who sucks as much as the Cowboys win the division and act like they have really accomplished something...And then have to listen to this delusional Owner.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

You’ve got to be kidding...

The beautiful thing about him not being fired and his contract expiring is that it allows Jerry to interview a full slate of coaches. In theory, that includes Garrett was well. If he doesn't like his other options, he may well choose Garrett *gulp*. Let's hope not, but it's not impossible.

TWOK11

Reaction score
He doesn’t need to fire Garrett, his contract is up. He’ll simply not re-sign him.

mardwin

Reaction score
He can give Garrett another 5 years and he will be dead by then and the results still are the same.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is definitely one way he could go. Neuter Jason even more by trying to bring in guys like Kubiak and Lewis but at least he can say Jason is the HC.

He needs to rip the band aid off and suck it up.

Extend him not 5 but only 3 years.........