Twitter: Jerry Jones on opposing fans at AT&T Stadium

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is true. Personal seating licenses are absolutely stupid. And the price to attend a match is ridiculous. It's something prevalent in most sports sadly, and the ticket prices are astronomical. If they'd lower the tickets a bit, especially with the revenue they make on TV Deals, maybe more Cowboys fans COULD attend.
The owners do not care about more of their fans attending because they have enough most of the time if they are a good team and they all push the envelope on pricing.

It is a game for 17 days of the year, it is a business for 365.

What makes me laugh are fans complaining about $9 hot dogs and $13 beer and still paying for it. The owners have to be laughing their butts off.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The owners do not care about more of their fans attending because they have enough most of the time if they are a good team and they all push the envelope on pricing.

What makes me laugh are fans complaining about $9 hot dogs and $13 beer and still paying for it. The owners have to be laughing their butts off.

That is why I eat before I go to the game. No such thing as 13 dollar beer and no hotdog worth 9 bucks. lol

willia451

Reaction score
You have two options for $300 or less per ticket. STO $30-100 or the upper concourse $150-$300 (>$300 in many cases).

And neither are worth what's at the bottom of my toilet after my morning constitutional.

Going to a Cowboys game at AT&T is not for "normal" Americans. It's for people of means. People that have a lot of money, to be blunt. People of status and privilege.

I've been there one time since it was built. And only because I won 2 good seats at work in a drawing.

I'll never go back. The stench of arrogance and entitlement was simply too much. We left in the 3rd quarter.

Neither of us could take it any longer. Near the exit, we were almost running.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You have two options for $300 or less per ticket. STO $30-100 or the upper concourse $150-$300 (>$300 in many cases).

And neither are worth what's at the bottom of my toilet after my morning constitutional.

Going to a Cowboys game at AT&T is not for "normal" Americans. It's for people of means. People that have a lot of money, to be blunt. People of status and privilege.

I've been there one time since it was built. And only because I won 2 good seats at work in a drawing.

I'll never go back. The stench of arrogance and entitlement was simply too much. We left in the 3rd quarter.

I have gone every year on Thanksgiving except for last season due to limited seating. I am no person of great money or privilege just a Cowboys football fans who loves going to a game when I have the chance. For me that has always been thanksgiving because of the extra days off from work. Sounds a bit arrogant on your part to pass judgement on people you don't know

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I always laugh at the ridiculous stigma that Jerry is always "money first". Well of course. The Cowboys are still a business. Should he drive the team into the red as long as the fans are happy? It's silly and every single person that criticizes him is a hypocrite. They'd be "money first" too.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I can't believe it took this long for the most common sense answer. Jerry has priced out fans that would attend every game. A lot of super-rich out of state/country fans and corporations own those seats and sell them when they don't "feel like going". The problem is not the secondary market, it's the way the primary market was setup.
Your 100% spot on. The reason why it's like this is because it was set up this way. We obviously have a passionate fanbase (how popular the cowboys are and how well the fans travel is a show sign of this ) but reality is Jerry World isn't set up to bring in that type of crowd. It's more of a place to be seen

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I find it actually hilarious we have such a strong showing by opposing fans . It illustrates more of the unique and dysfunctional situation we have here.

Im proud of our local fanbase for their apathy towards Jethro. And they can still hold him responsible for the opposing fans which is about his ways not the team.

bahahahah.... damn your disgust of Jerry causes you to just make stuff up. You think the "Local," fan base is responsible for opposing fans coming to games? Cmon.
EVERY time I travel to games, no matter if at AT&T or somewhere else, you see TONS of fans flying in from all over the country. Flights are CHEAP my friend, and if you only go to one game a year and plan it early, you can fly round trip to Anywhere IN THIS COUNTRY FOR UNDER 400 BUCKS. I would guess the majority of seats sold on the secondary market arent even from individual fans, but BUSINESSES that arent even located in Texas that buy concert, baseball, basketball, hockey and NFL season tickets all over the country and then sell them on the secondary markets for profit.

You give the 'Locals," way to much credit for opposing Jerry, which is what YOU would love to see. It aint so my friend.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Come to Buffalo, even when the team is awful the fans don't leave the game early because it hurts too much to watch them hammered. There are plenty of opportunities for fans to fill the seats. Instead of whining about other fans, understand who's there and who isn't.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I need to find the article I read a few years ago about protocols teams like the Eagles and Patriots put in place to prevent this type of thing from happening at their home stadium. Or at least mitigate it. There are things the Cowboys can do, they just don't care.
I remember that... and it was like Seattle and they werent selling playoff tickets to people OUTIDE of certain zip codes. But they have ZERO control over secondary markets, and neither do the Cowboys. There is not a damn thing the Saints can do to keep me from coming to the game in a few weeks and wearing all my Cowboys tsuff. Those of you whining about this simply dont understand how the secondary markets are working.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m not sure if you’re not from the DFW area fans really let it sink in that in one hand the Cowboys are our favorite sports franchise while Jethro Jone$ is the most hated sports personality.

It’s a most unusual marriage . One we have to live with until death does us part for better or worse.
most hated? hbahahahahhahahahahahahhah
Go to the game, or any place Jerry is at. Hes a freaking rock star. Let him walk anywhere near the venue and Chants of "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry," erupt all over the place. Both at home and away games.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I was a season ticket holder at Texas Stadium for most of 4 decades . And we didn’t have tens of thousand of opposing fans in attendance .

And you’re right about those home fans having problems with Cowboy fans in attendance. I used to travel on road games. Some venues like Philly and SF were worse than others.
You are like Clint Estwood yelling at the "Youngsters," to get off my lawn.

Guess what, you couldnt watch teams from out of your area in 1967 eaither. Today, you can watch every nfl game every weekend.

Why do you think so many fans are in opposing venues now? 1 the INTERNET. You can plan your entire trip, hotels, flights, buy tickets... all from your own computer.
2) Cheap flights. Ive been traveling all over the country to watch these games since the last season of Texas stadium and we still havent paid for a single flight. I live in Ca and I went to probably 9 games in 2014 alone.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Thats the diference between the internet and no internet...one decade I had to find someone with tickets, the other I have google.
bingo.... the world has gotten a whole lot smaller since the 60s.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Oh I agree. Not to mention a lot of these people are eating before the game.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Ill be honest if i was a license holder and could sell tickets, I would not ask what side they are on, I would sell it to whoever is buying it at the price i set it at.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s tough for the average family to afford seats. . But the Cowboys are the only franchise to offer a Party Pass which allows limited entrance into the endzone, standing room only for about $30. They usually sell between 10,000-20,000 of these per game .

And can just walk up and buy them. It provides an affordable fan experience especially for kids. And for adults a place to sit and watch on big screen in the stadium pavilion if tire of standing entire game with access to facilities and confessions.

I found out for myself in 2019 going to the Cowboys Bears game.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This is true. Personal seating licenses are absolutely stupid. And the price to attend a match is ridiculous. It's something prevalent in most sports sadly, and the ticket prices are astronomical. If they'd lower the tickets a bit, especially with the revenue they make on TV Deals, maybe more Cowboys fans COULD attend.
and then those same fans would see they could buy a ticket for 90 bucks and sel it for 300 bucks and they would sell the ticket in a heartbeat.

Hilarious to me the people blasting Jerry every time he makes a buck... but how does the secondary market even exist? By the FANS looking to make a buck, in addition to the THOUSANDS of tickets that are bought by businesses and resold for profit.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

bahahahhah, I guess me on my teachers salary and my wife (she makes good money) but we are certainly not "Rich," and we go to games every year. So you think we are privileged because we dont work at walmart and can afford a game?

By the way, I drive a 2000 silverado, also have a 2006 Suburban, my motorcycle is a 2005 Honda CBR 1000rr, and my wifes car is a 2015 Miata. Notice a trend here???? No 700 dollar a month car payment to buy a 65k new truck. We all have priorities.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I have gone every year on Thanksgiving except for last season due to limited seating. I am no person of great money or privilege just a Cowboys football fans who loves going to a game when I have the chance. For me that has always been thanksgiving because of the extra days off from work. Sounds a bit arrogant on your part to pass judgement on people you don't know
are you doing Thanksgiving this year?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I can't believe it took this long for the most common sense answer. Jerry has priced out fans that would attend every game. A lot of super-rich out of state/country fans and corporations own those seats and sell them when they don't "feel like going". The problem is not the secondary market, it's the way the primary market was setup.
so you think Jerry is the reason NFL tickets are so expensive? lol

Zordon

Reaction score
I remember that... and it was like Seattle and they werent selling playoff tickets to people OUTIDE of certain zip codes. But they have ZERO control over secondary markets, and neither do the Cowboys. There is not a damn thing the Saints can do to keep me from coming to the game in a few weeks and wearing all my Cowboys tsuff. Those of you whining about this simply dont understand how the secondary markets are working.
You're right and wrong. You're right that nobody can stop you if you have the will to attend a road game. You're wrong in thinking that nothing at all can be done to help mitigate this. @Motorola gave a good solution above.

Back in the day (the previous century) when the Atlanta Falcons were perennial doormats - amassing double-digit losses and out of a playoff berth before Thanksgiving- the local media outlets (radio & tv) would encourage season ticket holders to gift \ donate the remaining home access to the local populace who can't afford / never been to an NFL game.
It could be someone privately known (relative, neighbor, coworker, worshipper they know, etc.).
Or to a charity/ organization that helps out the less fortunate. It wouldn't be an ironclad guarantee that all of those people are gonna cheer for the home team....but I think most will.
Another alternative is the franchise buys back the season ticket games from the fans.
Go dollar-for-dollar in the exchange....plus add in credits and incentives for the following year (food & beverage, merchandise, photo ops, etc.).
Then that team, i.e. the Cowboys (Jones Family) can direct those now available seats to individuals and groups who will unequivocally root for the Cowboys when they sit down in AT&T Stadium in Arlington.

This is something a consulting firm can implement for the Cowboys in one offseason if they actually cared they just don't.