Twitter: Jerry Jones on opposing fans at AT&T Stadium

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Again, that’s what is being reported here. I’m only aligning with those.

I’m not able to link the Dallas paper but it’s an easy google. And in other National publications he makes the top10 in most hated sports figures.

Yes, there a sizable group of Cowboy fans who support and cheer our owner on with his celebrity status but the bulk of residents hate his ways of ownership and representation of our franchise despite still loving and supporting the team.

Here’s a link from 2019stating Jethro is most hated amongst Dallas Cowboy fans. There are many other links out there.

https://www.ccn.com/jerry-jones-gave-cowboys-fans-another-reason-to-hate-him/

I used to HATE Larry Bird also.
Hated Shaq also....lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
@Reid1boys

The info is out there and it’s been reported for years . Texas has had record migration from 500,000- 750,000 a year from other states since recession of 2007 for economic reasons. And they brought their fandom with them.
https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-cities-everyone-is-moving-to-2019-11

Here’s an interview in Jethro’s own words describing how fans from Calif have relocated to North Texas bringing their fandom with them.

“Owner Jerry Jones was on the radio on Tuesday, and he had a chance to explain why there were so many 49ers fans. It reads to me like a lot of excuses, but it's amusing nonetheless. Jones talked about how 49ers fans are affluent and can travel. He also talked about how a lot of people from California have relocated to North Texas because of economic opportunity. “

https://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9...explain-why-49ers-fans-packed-cowboys-stadium
I was at that niner/cowboys season opener. It was from 2014, and it was BY FAR the most opposing fans Ive ever seen at AT&T. They had 65% of the niners side of the lower bowl. Again though, read that quote. Jerry says niners fans are affluent and can afford to travel. If you plan it well, you can travel (if buying the ticket) from SF to Dallas round trip for 200 bucks. That isnt jack. The NFL is so damn big that there are hundreds of thousands of people like me that travel to multiple games throughout the year. Go toa sports bar on a random weekend and see if you see tons of niner jerseys. My guess would be you wont.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Truth is most the time you see Jerry arriving or leaving the stadium fans are yelling Jerry and appear excited to see him. Most of the hate comes from hard core fans, which are only a small percentage of the fan base.
IM a hard core fan for 44 years. I do not hate Jerry Jones.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll do you one better .... I lived in Seattle for a time and make a trip or two there every single year. So I know of what I speak. And yes, I've been there for several Cowboys games. It's easy for Cowboys fans to show up when they are the most popular team in the league. Many fans already live in these cities. My point in replying to the other poster is you need a rabid fan base to be able to effect the kinds of controls he was speaking of and the Seahawks did this for playoff games at the height of their power (only allow Washington State zip codes to purchase tickets) because they know their fans will follow through. Of course some snatch up tix to sell for profit but when Seattle had epic battles with SF (I even attended one at Candlestick), you never had Niner takeovers like what they did to us back in 2014. This was freakin' opening day to the season in Dallas. I cued up a few shots of the crowd and look at the sea of red there. Seattle is closer and you don't get that up there because their base is super loyal, from casual to intense.

I was at that game and it was the most opposing fans BY FAR Ive ever seen at a Cowboys home game. Again, because avg people like myself can afford 2 bucks for flights. It isnt all that much more to travel to an away game when you get a cheap hotel and flights and split costs with a buddy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Im not denying lots of people have moved to Texas, but trust me, a ton of fans travel with their team every weekend.
Yep

It is probably the bulk of most opposing fans at other venues.

And a sizable amount flying to Texas. But not 25-40,000 flying in . Most of them live here now unfortunately.

This enormous migration to Texas from other states is what makes the fan demographic unusual here in Cowboys Stadium.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, Cowboy fans everywhere. And millions of opposing fans in Texas.

But where else besides when Cowboys come to town or at home do we see opposing fans infiltrating stadiums in these numbers ?

You wont. But it is easy to understand why. When the Cowboys lose a close game, look at all the national shows talking about it forever. Look at how quickly social media lights up mocking us fans. People love the cowboys and people hate the cowboys. Thats good for business. Why does rasslin have heels? and the best heels were as popular as the loved guys.

People want to go to AT&T and watch us lose to their team. The Cowboys are just different. BUT, Ive not seen a home game get anywhere close to those numers of opposing fans since that 2014 game against the niners.
Iwas at the Giants and Eagles games this year... no more than normal opposing fans at the game.

I will tell you now, expect a ton of Raider fans for the Thanksgiving game.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I wish cancer and death on every single individual one of those "Cowboys fans" (casual fans) that sell any tickets to enemy fans for the sake of financial greed at the expense of our home field advantage.

I seriously do. Casual fans are the scum at the bottom of the sewer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was at that game and it was the most opposing fans BY FAR Ive ever seen at a Cowboys home game. Again, because avg people like myself can afford 2 bucks for flights. It isnt all that much more to travel to an away game when you get a cheap hotel and flights and split costs with a buddy.
Yea, and as Jethro accurately stated it’s because of the huge migration of Californians to North Texas.

More Californians have migrated here than any other state which of course is in accordance with the states large population.

North Dallas is nicknamed “ Little New York” as well with so many business which have relocated here. Toyota for example just opened a plant in Plano north of Dallas. 50,000 new employees from around the country.

The growth here is unbelievable !!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I wish cancer and death on every single individual one of those "Cowboys fans" (casual fans) that sell any tickets to enemy fans for the sake of financial greed at the expense of our home field advantage.

I seriously do. Casual fans are the scum at the bottom of the sewer.
you are a serious loser. We dont have season tickets to sell... but most fans dont live and die by their team. Most fans are casual fans, including my wife.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
you are a serious loser. We dont have season tickets to sell... but most fans dont live and die by their team. Most fans are casual fans, including my wife.
then don't pretend you support us... don't come to the games, don't prioritize beer and cigarettes over the team winning like a lazy casual. If you're not all in and laser focused on the game and the fine details, you are unwanted, go watch college football and drink beer at the frat house if your team loses.

If you aren't laser focused and diehard as a 2013 CenturyLink Field Seahawks fan or an Arrowhead Stadium Chiefs fan from 2018-2020 Super Bowl, don't bother being a Cowboys fan. We need to change the Cowboys culture from being a culture of casual country club golf cart beer chugging casuals to being a diehard, tight knit fanbase... that's the ticket to a Super Bowl and a dynasty. Country club culture is losing culture.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What he and others prob don’t realize is most of the Cowboys season ticket holders are business not individual Cowboy fans .

And they use them as entertainment write offs catering to their associates and clients who with this new climate in Texas are often fans from other states who reside here now.

Some ST holders are disgruntled Cowboy fans simply looking to recoup some of their expenses but most are business.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
then don't pretend you support us... don't come to the games, don't prioritize beer and cigarettes over the team winning like a lazy casual. If you're not all in and laser focused on the game and the fine details, you are unwanted, go watch college football and drink beer at the frat house if your team loses.

If you aren't laser focused and diehard as a 2013 CenturyLink Field Seahawks fan or an Arrowhead Stadium Chiefs fan from 2018-2020 Super Bowl, don't bother being a Cowboys fan. We need to change the Cowboys culture from being a culture of casual country club golf cart beer chugging casuals to being a diehard, tight knit fanbase... that's the ticket to a Super Bowl and a dynasty. Country club culture is losing culture.
That’s not going to happen. The price of PSL are up to 12,000 a year for a ticket not including ticket prices . And most are owned by business and corporations using them as entertainment expenses .

The entire format and outlook changed when we moved from Texas Stadium . Unfortunately there’s no going back. Attending a Cowboy game is a social event now.

And why so many hate Jethro for what he’s created . While it’s not all his fault so many have migrated to Texas in recent years bringing their fandom with them .

Cowboys Football is no longer prioritized with winning. Jethro wants to win more than anyone but not enough to totally change his ways. This is not the Cowboys franchise we all grew up with. It is what it is.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
That’s not going to happen. The price of PSL are up to 12,000 a year for a ticket not including ticket prices . And most are owned by business and corporations using them as entertainment expenses .

The entire format and outlook changed when we moved from Texas Stadium . Unfortunately there’s no going back. Attending a Cowboy game is a social event now.

And why so many hate Jethro for what he’s created . While it’s not all his fault so many have migrated to Texas in recent years bringing their fandom with them .
Not only their fandom, but other bad things as well... it sucks.

It's a major reason for why I moved out of Texas. Texas just isn't what Texas used to be. The heyday of Texas is past history, sadly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not only their fandom, but other bad things as well... it sucks.

It's a major reason for why I moved out of Texas. Texas just isn't what Texas used to be. The heyday of Texas is past history, sadly.
I guess it depends on your outlook. The heyday of Cowboys Football is certainly past history. There many other reasons I’d move out of Texas:)

This is what Jethro Jone$ has created . He’s pimped the ride. While he still wants to win it’s not the top priority if it means relinquishing his celebrity status and football ways.

And while our popularity and revenue have increased our football success has suffered. It is what it is and why there’s such disparity amongst our fanbase.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

IM a casual fan...lol. You are an idiot. I plan my entire life during football season around the Cowboys. I spend THOUSANDS of dollars a year to travel to their games. And I dont need you trying to lecture me on what I can and cant do anyways. Just keep your arse home in your cozy house watching them on TV. Ill be the one screaming my *** off at the Thanksgiving game and the following weekend in New Orleans. Your an idiot because you have zero perspective on life and the NFL. Wishing cancer on someone that isnt a big enough fan for you? screw you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IM a casual fan...lol. You are an idiot. I plan my entire life during football season around the Cowboys. I spend THOUSANDS of dollars a year to travel to their games. And I dont need you trying to lecture me on what I can and cant do anyways. Just keep your arse home in your cozy house watching them on TV. Ill be the one screaming my *** off at the Thanksgiving game and the following weekend in New Orleans. Your an idiot because you have zero perspective on life and the NFL. Wishing cancer on someone that isnt a big enough fan for you? screw you.
@MichiganCowboyFan I can attest following Reid for most of the last 10-12 years. While we don’t agree on every issue he’s anything but a mere casual fan which takes much effort and expenses living in Northern California.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
and by the way, AT&T gets damn loud... at times.lol.
BUT, that GB playoff game in 2016 was damn loud, that fourth quarter was as loud as Seattle ever gets.
I will say I partly blame whoever runs in game entertainment. They definitely spend too much time showing peoples faces on the big screen during timeouts.
They always have Irvin get the crowd fired up prior to the game with his speech. They need to have irvin doing that throughout the game at crucial points.
Show his face with a look of disgust? Implore crowd to get louder on a 3rd and 7. Take advantage of one of the greatest ambassadors you have at your disposal. Irvin is a huge homer that wants the Cowboys to win... so use him.

Reactions: CWR

Reid1boys

Reaction score
WTH? They are showing how many Vikings fans are inside the Chargers home stadium. How is this possible? The Vikings do not have a big fan base in Ca. So many Vikes fans the Chargers were using a silent count.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
This is happening in Stadiums throughout the NFL in regards to visiting teams fans taking over the home team stadium. As a Cowboys fan that lives in California I've witnessed many games dominated by cowboys fans at Raiders and 49ers games. Bottom line is if the fans of the home team don't want to buy the ticket the visiting team fans will gladly take advantage..