Jerry Jones on the Rich Eisen Show: "We're Sold On Dak"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here's a comparison between Dak and Tom Brady's first three years. I even give Brady a 'mulligan' for the rookie year he spent on the bench learning the NFL game and I started in year two when he actually played.

https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_2=2018&player_id2=PresDa01&idx=players

But yeah, I won't stop anyone from continuing to try to bash Dak and only succeeding in making themselves look foolish. His play stacks right up to the greatest quarterback in the history of the sport at the same point in their careers. Again, this comparison is actually unfair to Prescott as he never got that same redshirt year to learn the NFL game.
His passing stats don’t match up . His winning record represents the team around him. We was 4-5 without Cooper and 3-3 without Elliott.

Comparing him to Brady is more embarrassing. Lol

morat1959

Reaction score
Romo was a SB caliber QB. It wasn't his fault he never had a complete SB caliber team around him. Always something lacking. We have a much more talent cumulation of players now and Dak is the perfect guy to lead them to a SB victory.
Gone!

erod

Reaction score
Hahahahhaha “juggernaut roster” ahahahahahahaha

Worst WR corps in the NFL before the Cooper trade upgraded them to average.

No TE to speak of.

Average OL with all the injuries.

Defense that completely collapsed vs the Rams.

“DURRR DAK SUX!!! JUGGERNAUT ROSTER AND HE BLEW IT!!”

Very solid receiver group, with a good passer at QB.

Excellent offensive line if teams can't stack the box with no fear that your QB can make them pay for it.

Defenses can't carry you full seasons.

morat1959

Reaction score
Totally Agree! In 2012 when Romo had a chance during the Commander game to take this team to the playoffs and threw that int with 2 min left that was the end of it for me. I knew Dallas would never win anything with Romo. Dont make the same mistake twice by falling in love with a second rate QB. Go out and get yourself some real pedigree at the QB posiiton. That kid Trevor Lawrence is coming out in the draft.
Nailed it!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The solution is in the draft .

Reaching the Super Bowl without a Top 10 QB is not the norm. We couldn’t surround Romo with enough . Not sure why we think we will Dak?
He keeps moving forward and improving. No heart breaks from the decisions he makes unlike Romo. I was a huge fan, but the disappointment got old. That and Prescott is clearly more durable and is a multi-facet threat.
Prescott brings more to the table than gaudy passing stats. He also performed at a higher level in win or go home games than Romo, who is known for game ending blunders right out of the gate. Had Prescott been the clear reason we didn't move forward or fumbled, through and INT etc...- then you have a point.
The staff agrees, they are moving forward and not focusing on a dream fairy tale QB in a future draft.

Again, if you ignore the success in his era that is an ignorant move. Or a deliberate one destined for trolling.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His passing stats don’t match up . His winning record represents the team around him. We was 4-5 without Cooper and 3-3 without Elliott.

Only "embarrassing" for the clueless like you, who want to pimp nothing more than their unsupported and unsubstantiated opinion over actual stats and facts.

You should be embarrassed.

I've got my ammo, you're shooting blanks, as usual.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry gave up on Quincy for Chutch and Henson. Parcels showed him all 3 were jokes.

Any team would have drafted Aikman that year in that spot, and Dak was a throwaway pick they didn't believe in.
Well, they believed in Dak well enough to promote him to Romo's backup during training camp 2016. Moved Dak ahead of the career long proven backup, Kellen Moore, who is now our O-Coordinator.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

If you compare his first three years (The entire body of work) with others it does match up. What are you even looking at?
If you want fantasy football stat comparisons there's a forum for that. What's wrong with winning records representing the team? He's part of the team, that's how this game works.

Name me a QB who balled out without a definitive No. 1 WR.

erod

Reaction score
Well, they believed in Dak well enough to promote him to Romo's backup during training camp 2016. Moved Dak ahead of the career long proven backup, Kellen Moore, who is now our O-Coordinator.

"Career long proven"?

LOL, Kellen Moore only played in 3 games his entire NFL career, most of which was spent on practice squads or inactive lists.

They didn't promote Dak. Moore broke his leg.

Wow.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If you compare his first three years (The entire body of work) with others it does match up. What are you even looking at?
If you want fantasy football stat comparisons there's a forum for that. What's wrong with winning records representing the team? He's part of the team, that's how this game works.

Uh oh. You done did it now, Streetwise. Greg is going to bring the heat and mention his boy... T.R. lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Pay no mind. It's strictly agenda driven with some people. Surely no one actually reading the overall numbers would say something like that.

Reactions: G2

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He keeps moving forward and improving. No heart breaks from the decisions he makes unlike Romo. I was a huge fan, but the disappointment got old. That and Prescott is clearly more durable and is a multi-facet threat.
Prescott brings more to the table than gaudy passing stats. He also performed at a higher level in win or go home games than Romo, who is known for game ending blunders right out of the gate. Had Prescott been the clear reason we didn't move forward or fumbled, through and INT etc...- then you have a point.
The staff agrees, they are moving forward and not focusing on a dream fairy tale QB in a future draft.

Again, if you ignore the success in his era that is an ignorant move. Or a deliberate one destined for trolling.
No more success this era than last era. You just can’t control yourself from personal insults and attempts to discredit character when disagree.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No more success this era than last era. Of course. You just can’t control yourself from personal insults and attempts to discredit character when disagree.
Sad
This is what you do when backed into a corner without any point to debate.
It's my opinion. If that hurts your feelings it certainly wasn't my intention. I think certain thoughts and posts are ignorant. Try some bath beads and candles.