Jerry Jones on the Rich Eisen Show: "We're Sold On Dak"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How accurate was it for you to compare Brady and Dak's first 3 seasons without adjusting for era?

It's as accurate a picture as you're going to get. Sorry if it destroys your agenda. Save your "era" bull**** for someone who'll buy it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More accurate than framing your argument to only include the partial seasons the team struggled, to make it appear it was Prescott?
More accurate than excluding his entire 1st season?

In a word? Agenda.

These guys want to change the rules so that there's no way for Dak to "win".

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Should someone let Kurt Warner know about that? When he was putting up 36 TD's in 2001?

What "peers" would that be? Kerry Collins? Brad Johnson? Aaron Brooks? Jon Kitna? Wow, a virtual murderer's row of talent there...

Sure thing. Paint whatever picture you need to in order for Prescott to be unable to 'win'. Move those goalposts as much as you need to.

....you get that Kurt Warner and his offense were absolutely historic, right? So historic they got to back to back super bowls and won one. LOL

Also, Tom Brady in his second year starting led the league in TD passes with 28. Dak, in 2016-2018 has yet to throw that many TDs in a passing league.

So, again, you didn't adjust for era - you only used raw numbers. You know this was misleading yet you still did it. You're getting called out. Now go get deeper statistics on this and then come back.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How accurate was it for you to compare Brady and Dak's first 3 seasons without adjusting for era?
Comparing their team records in regular season is spinning a fact to support a narrative.

If they really believe Dak is the same Level of QB as Brady as a result then there’s no reaching them.

Interesting how they omitted Brady two Super Bowls appearances in same time frame. Darn. Guess that fact didn’t support their agenda. Lol

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The entire body of work (First 3 seasons) is really all we can compare. Leaving out convenient material isn't really fair IMO.

And, I don't see how you can accurately adjust for era.

To me, this is less to do with Prescott himself and more to do with the team as a complete unit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....you get that Kurt Warner and his offense were absolutely historic, right? So historic they got to back to back super bowls and won one. LOL

Also, Tom Brady in his second year starting led the league in TD passes with 28. Dak, in 2016-2018 has yet to throw that many TDs in a passing league.

So, again, you didn't adjust for era - you only used raw numbers. You know this was misleading yet you still did it. You're getting called out. Now go get deeper statistics on this and then come back.

You're not "calling out" anybody but yourself - and your own agenda. And a game you like to play where Prescott "can't win". When presented with cold hard facts and statistical comparison, you try in vain to change the conditions of the test.

And you fail, miserably.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The entire body of work (First 3 seasons) is really all we can compare. Leaving out convenient material isn't really fair IMO.

And, I don't see how you can accurately adjust for era.

To me, this is less to do with Prescott himself and more to do with the team as a complete unit.

Again, it's about people's agenda.

Here's another comparison where he clearly outperforms both of his 1st and 2nd overall draft pick peers, and also satisfies any "era" requirements the agenda boys want to bring up.

https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_3=2018&player_id3=PresDa01&idx=players

Dak still wins. They still lose.

Reactions: G2

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You're not "calling out" anybody but yourself - and your own agenda. And a game you like to play where Prescott "can't win". When presented with cold hard facts and statistical comparison, you try in vain to change the conditions of the test.

And you fail, miserably.

"Facts" are not what you say they are - again, you did not adjust for era or you would be able to show me exactly where Brady ranks in every single category compared to his peers.

I can give you Dak's - are you telling me, in Brady's second and third year starting, he would have ranked outside the top 15?

You were intentionally trying to mislead and now you're claiming others have an agenda. Nah, homie don't play that. Do better.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Facts" are not what you say they are - again, you did not adjust for era or you would be able to show me exactly where Brady ranks in every single category compared to his peers.

I can give you Dak's - are you telling me, in Brady's second and third year starting, he would have ranked outside the top 15?

You were intentionally trying to mislead and now you're claiming others have an agenda. Nah, homie don't play that. Do better.

Don't have to. I'm doing just fine.

You hide in your "era" nonsense. I'll do actual comparisons on the players and the same points in their careers.

I further embarrassed you with a comparison to both quarterbacks drafted ahead of him.

Dak still wins, you still lose.

You agenda is on full display.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Lol... "passing league".
He's on a "running team".
Adjust for that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
S'ok by me, as long as they're sold on building the right team around him to contend and controlling the cap and not have too much to too few. Does anyone really think Prescott can't win a SB with the right team around him?

There's no way this team is going to get a QB that makes everyone happy. If they had Mahomes, some would complain. And they're not going to get within reaching distance for these blue chip QB's coming out next draft or Lawrence in the following one.

The fact is Dak Prescott has made the decision for them because he is the "bird in the hand" QB. He's won 66% of his games, started every one, won the East 2 of 3 seasons and continued to show the leadership skills necessary for a QB at this level.

Doesn't matter whether you are on board, this train is leaving the station with Dak Prescott as the engineer and like his predecessor, his story doesn't sway the doubters. 4th round pick, 3rd choice of his own team, 3rd string QB comes in to lead his team for the third time in his career and take the #1 spot. This one is almost as good as the one about the UDFA QB.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
They were sold on Romo too. Waste of a decade

Dak has better make up than Tony. Tougher guy. Romo threw a better ball. Dak, in my opinion, will win more because of those intangibles. Tony was a good QB that was wasted by management but I don’t think he had what it took to be a real winner.

I feel very strongly about that.

erod

Reaction score
“Excellent” offensive line? Did you watch football last season?

No Frederick and Smith/Martin were banged up too. They ranked as a middle-of-the-pack OL last year.

Hahahaha “no fear” of a QB who has 83 TD vs 27 INT for his career, huh? You think those guys grow on trees?
:lmao2:

“Defenses can’t carry you full seasons”

If you think allowing 273 rush yards in a playoff game is acceptable defense that your QB should be able to overcome, you need to find a new hobby.

Wow. Just wow.

Yet, Zeke led the NFL in rushing. You can't have it both ways.

Dak won't threaten the deep middle. He hold the ball FOREVER. Incredibly indecisive.

That simply makes it easy for defenses. Just overwhelm the offensive line with numbers because Dak won't make you pay for it.

That same offensive line with Drew Brees would look entirely different.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Don't have to. I'm doing just fine.

You hide in your "era" nonsense. I'll do actual comparisons on the players and the same points in their careers.

I further embarrassed you with a comparison to both quarterbacks drafted ahead of him.

Dak still wins, you still lose.

You agenda is on full display.

You're the one who was making the claim, so it's for you to back it up. When adjusting, how does Dak compare to Brady?

I'll wait.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol... "passing league".
He's on a "running team".
Adjust for that.

Peyton Manning was putting up 85 TD's over the three years during the "three yards and a cloud of dust" dark ages of passing that this guy would have you believe have been totally reinvented.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're the one who was making the claim, so it's for you to back it up. When adjusting, how does Dak compare to Brady?

I'll wait.

I'm not "adjusting" a damn thing. I'm not the guy that has to. Now go ahead and move those goalposts again!

ZKNB5k.gif