Jerry Jones - Pollard can carry the load

links18

Reaction score
Did Alfred Morris not even play? Is he being "protected"?

Valkyr

Reaction score
"We know he's inordinately understanding of what he does and can do," said Jones.

Hell, defensive coordinators around the league are losing sleep at the mere thought of facing Pollard.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
"We know he's inordinately understanding of what he does and can do," said Jones.

Hell, defensive coordinators around the league are losing sleep at the mere thought of facing Pollard.

A rookie RB, who has never played in the NFL, isn't going to replace Zeke.

That is a leverage card Dallas is trying to play against Zeke.

Zeke has the best leverage though. Without Zeke, the offense will struggle. [see 2017 for the results]

As the regular season approaches, the pressure will increase on Jerry.

Pay Zeke.

432 NFL players make more $$$ than Zeke.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He didn’t even do that in college. He averaged less than 4 carries a game at Memphis. The most carries he ever had in a game was 10. Again, that’s not the kind of player he is.

Memphis also had another RB drafted so having multiple talented guys will factor into him never getting 20 carries.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Memphis also had another RB drafted so having multiple talented guys will factor into him never getting 20 carries.
I understand that. But just like the Cowboys see him, Memphis saw and used him as a situational weapon. It’s not a knock on him, just a realistic assessment of his talents. He’s just not ever been seen as a workhorse kind of back.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Just like Zeke is posturing that he is willing to miss the entire season, JJ is posturing that the team can be fine without Zeke

By the end of the month— there will be a new contract for Zeke and both sides will be saying how excited they are for the future, to put the contract behind them, and get back to playing football.
100% agree with the first part. 100% hope you are wrong on the 2nd part. I hate to pull against you, you're one of the better member's here. Lol

Proof

Reaction score
I understand that. But just like the Cowboys see him, Memphis saw and used him as a situational weapon. It’s not a knock on him, just a realistic assessment of his talents. He’s just not ever been seen as a workhorse kind of back.

i mean he plays running back and Is In the nfl. That may not be the role he’s best suited for, but there’s zero chance he’s not capable. And behind a good line to boot.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LMAO, I don't think Elliott got antsy last night and called the airlines. Going to take more than spin selling by the guy spending Daddy's money to get Elliott's attention.

Any RB in this league that gets replaced should get antsy because the guys behind them usually come in and produce with ease.

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL. A few series of a preseason game and we know he can be a workhorse back even though he's never done it before.

Typical reserved Jerry.

He's not talking about just preseason. They've been pushing him in camp as well according to the people at camp

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any RB in this league that gets replaced should get antsy because the guys behind them usually come in and produce with ease.
Agree but he's trying to spin this that they can ride Pollard like they did Elliott and that's absurd. He can play but not like Elliott.

And I am one that doesn't have a problem with them going into this season with this stable of backs. If they have to have Elliott to win, they're dumber than I thought before.

Dre11

Reaction score
A rookie RB, who has never played in the NFL, isn't going to replace Zeke.

That is a leverage card Dallas is trying to play against Zeke.

Zeke has the best leverage though. Without Zeke, the offense will struggle. [see 2017 for the results]

As the regular season approaches, the pressure will increase on Jerry.

Pay Zeke.

432 NFL players make more $$$ than Zeke.

They're not trying to replace Zeke, they're trying to win games.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Do I think Pollard is 20+ carry workhorse? No.

Do I think it’s ridiculous for people to judge him off his first four preseason carries? Yes.

Sydla

Reaction score
Categorize this under “empty posturing” by Jones.

You can call it that if you want.

But then again this is the guy who said our WRs were good enough last year and we actually played 7 games with them before they made the Cooper trade.

People better get used to the notion that the Jones may be dug in here and Elliott might be starting the season drinking daiquiris in Cabo.

Dre11

Reaction score

Before Peterson is Washington, they're rbs sucks, after Rice , Baltimore struggled, Green bay, Detroit, Jets, Arizona, the list goes on

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You can call it that if you want.

But then again this is the guy who said our WRs were good enough last year and we actually played 7 games with them before they made the Cooper trade.

People better get used to the notion that the Jones may be dug in here and Elliott might be starting the season drinking daiquiris in Cabo.

Sad but true.