Jerry Jones - Pollard can carry the load

Verdict

Reaction score
MB3 had 207 carries as a junior and 231 as a senior. Pollard had 139 his entire college career.

MBIII was also a 4th round pick. Let’s not automatically assume he can’t do it, based on draft position. If we didn’t have Zeke this board would be slobbering all over the kid.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was a 4th round pick
I’m not dissing Pollard at all. Especially for being a 4th round pick. My point is Jerry and Stephen are talking about this kid like he’s a potential centerpiece of the running game. Pollard was never even that in college.

Pollard is a talented young RB. But his value is as a change of pace situational player, not as the back who carries the running game. Not dissing his draft status.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I’m not dissing Pollard at all. Especially for being a 4th round pick. My point is Jerry and Stephen are talking about this kid like he’s a potential centerpiece of the running game. Pollard was never even that in college.

Pollard is a talented young RB. But his value is as a change of pace situational player, not as the back who carries the running game. Not dissing his draft status.
I want Zeke back asap Only thing I really know about Pollard is he is fast way faster than his 4.55 when he was sick

John813

Reaction score
In all seriousness, Pollard probably wouldn't be the bellcow. It'll be him for a few series, then maybe Alf, or Weber and then subbed back in. Probably give the short yardage stuff to Alf.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They can say the kid has talent and we are confident he can play in the NFL and maybe even be great. It sounds stupid to come out after a few series in the first preseason and claim he can be "the man". Plus you aren't doing the kid any favors by declaring him to be something he hasn't proven yet. Encourage him, yes; don't crown him.

Actually, for once, Jerrys big mouth is doing a good service here. Stating that they could live without Zeke is exactly what he should be doing. Whether its true or not.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Who was the RB that backed up Reggie Bush, Charles White? I think he was better than Bush in that Rose Bowl game that Vince Young won the National Champions over USC. And should have won the Heissman over Bush if voted on after that game. Too bad ir was before.

The RB that backed up Reggie Bush at USC was Lendale White. Charles White was actually Eric Dickerson's backup with the Rams .