Jerry Jones said he doesn't think this is Dak Prescott last year with the Cowboys

RonnieT24

Reaction score
JJ has set this team up to fail this year. Lame duck coaches? Check. No big extensions signed? Check. No big FAs added? Check. Veteran players released to purge cap? Check.

The only question is if it is intentional or not.

If he is trying to pivot away from Dak, then this offseason makes sense to some degree. Not only has JJ not supplied Dak with additional weapons, he has also pressurized the team with a lame duck HC, and some malcontents who are frustrated at not getting paid.

Lastly, and most importantly, letting him play out this year at his current cap figure eliminates a large chunk of what he is still owed.

JJ can blame MM and Dak when things go south this year and the team underachieves, which then would justify walking away from both next year and turning the page.
How often have Dak and MM failed though? Dak has never had a losing season at any level when he has been able to finish the season standing. McCarthy has only suffered losing seasons when injuries ravaged his teams. Sometimes even injuries have not been enough to keep him down. The concept of McCarthy or Dak not getting a new deal unless they get to the Super Bowl is simply not realistic. If they put up another playoff season and at least show up for the game I think both survive. But I do think another sleepwalk first half in a damn playoff game gets them both run.. and I would not be opposed to that at all.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How often have Dak and MM failed though? Dak has never had a losing season at any level when he has been able to finish the season standing. McCarthy has only suffered losing seasons when injuries ravaged his teams. Sometimes even injuries have not been enough to keep him down. The concept of McCarthy or Dak not getting a new deal unless they get to the Super Bowl is simply not realistic. If they put up another playoff season and at least show up for the game I think both survive. But I do think another sleepwalk first half in a damn playoff game gets them both run.. and I would not be opposed to that at all.
The logic is correct 100%, but listen to what Dak has been saying all off season, this is not the same "Tow the line guy" I'm pretty sure this is not in Jerry's hands anymore...Dak is going to FA i believe and that is his desicion not Jerry's. Cant really blame him, he is looking for the first off ramp from this circus he can get.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Take Daks advice and “move on”.

Both of em gone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Plus this is the salary cap NFL where it ain't that hard to win a div playoff game. Put Dak with a great team and great organization and the sky's the limit.
Not sure where you came up with that. You might want to look around the league.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dallas doesn’t need Dak.

It works out for everyone.
Philly fans have been trying to run Dak out of Dallas ever since they realized he owned them. I get it.. if a QB in the same division won like 80% of his meetings with my team I'd be trying to get that team to move off that guy too.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Philly fans have been trying to run Dak out of Dallas ever since they realized he owned them. I get it.. if a QB in the same division won like 80% of his meetings with my team I'd be trying to get that team to move off that guy too.
Why do Dak fans act like this?

The Eagles have had the most success in the history of their franchise since Dak has became the Cowboys QB.

They've won a Super Bowl and been to another.

That's right, Ronnie. The Eagles have had the most success in the history of their franchise on Dak's watch.

The soon to be ex-Cowboys QB is a bonafide forever loser.