Jerry Jones said he doesn't think this is Dak Prescott last year with the Cowboys

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak is a good fella, nice guy, operates professionally, and is a hard working athlete. But if hes looking at Ceedee and Parsons and tells himself "not my problem if they cant stay here" well, thats just not a guy we need to give our cap away to.
Sorry, but I don’t think wanting to be paid like a top guy despite not having the ability or repeatedly failing to live up to such standards because of it makes someone a “good fella”. I think it makes someone greedy. I think there’s a fine line between PR and exposing yourself as a con.

Jason Garrett comes to mind.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It is possible our division is not dominant. You win 5 out 6 games in the division and you have a legit shot at making the playoffs.
And that's the only reason we have a chance. But the NFC is supposed to be stronger than it has been. Winning 8 or 9 games will be tough. And I do think there is going to be a hangover from last season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
And that's the only reason we have a chance. But the NFC is supposed to be stronger than it has been. Winning 8 or 9 games will be tough. And I do think there is going to be a hangover from last season.
Not sure hangover is the correct word. More like GM Jethro holistic all-in side effects.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don’t think wanting to be paid like a top guy despite not having the ability or repeatedly failing to live up to such standards because of it makes someone a “good fella”. I think it makes someone greedy. I think there’s a fine line between PR and exposing yourself as a con.

Jason Garrett comes to mind.
Maximizing your value is greedy. I guess you are happily underpaid at your job.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
There is always another guy that needs to get paid. When it is time for CD or Micah you will be able to say the same thing for Tyler Smith, Daron Bland, etc, etc.

Good GM's know how to make a balanced team that can play complimentary football. We do not have that.
I agree this FO is trash but they do seem to draft well overall. These are all homegrown guys, Im sure they can draft more.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What else is Jerry supposed to say that this will be Dak’s last season with the Cowboys? Lol

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree this FO is trash but they do seem to draft well overall. These are all homegrown guys, Im sure they can draft more.
No team can keep everyone especially when you draft well. The key is maximizing their departure to your advantage. We either suck at trading or no one wants to trade with us. So GM Jethro settles for comp picks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak and only Dak will determine if he stays with our snake-bit franchise or moves on to an actual contender. He’s a fool if he stays.
Right now, I don’t see where he could go that would give him a better opportunity at a championship. All the other contending teams have franchise QBs. He’ll likely end up on a struggling team in free agency.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What else is Jerry supposed to say that this will be Dak’s last season with the Cowboys? Lol
It's like saying "Dak's team mates say he is a LEADER!"

As if they should say anything else?

We are a very flawed species.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry just put in an extra 100 million dollars in natural gas.

https://dallasinnovates.com/jerry-j...ased-natural-gas-producer-comstock-resources/

You think he’s going to for over 60 million a year for this turd, who brings him no return on his investment.
I don't believe it is a money issue at all. Jerry has demonstrated he is not trying to win a SB. He just wants to hang out at the rim.

Tyron Smith said he picked GB because they are actually trying to win a SB. Schultz discussed the Circus environment in Dallas with all the distractions and Houston is all about winning.

Jerry lost any good will he had by trading for Trance when we had no need for a backup QB. Dak received the message loud and clear.

Dak takes the brunt of every lose even though our D sucks in the playoffs.

No reason for Dak to stay in Dallas. GM Jethro can't build a winner. It is time to part ways.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't believe it is a money issue at all. Jerry has demonstrated he is not trying to win a SB. He just wants to hang out at the rim.

Tyron Smith said he picked GB because they are actually trying to win a SB. Schultz discussed the Circus environment in Dallas with all the distractions and Houston is all about winning.

Jerry lost any good will he had by trading for Trance when we had no need for a backup QB. Dak received the message loud and clear.

Dak takes the brunt of every lose even though our D sucks in the playoffs.

No reason for Dak to stay in Dallas. GM Jethro can't build a winner. It is time to part ways.
Schultz had no offer other than the Texans. That statement after the fact played no factor in his decision. Tyron Smith wanted to get paid and the Cowboys weren’t willing to pay him what he wanted.

Dak sucks in the playoffs independent of the defense and I don’t hear you fanboys saying the scrub defenses Dak plays against that dudes running wide open all day have anything to do with Dak’s “greatness”…

Dak has been coddled ever since he’s been here. This narrative he hasn’t is complete bogus.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good GM's know how to make a balanced team that can play complimentary football. We do not have that
Bingo! They would never let it get to this point coz there is a plan A, B and C. If I can't sign all my elite players, who can I trade? No way in hell you allow your elite players' contracts to expire but you have to make the decisions at least a year, maybe two. Marginal or role players, yes. Remember the silly slogan Stephen talks about "deadlines close deals" and that is his problem, especially when it backfires on him.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Right now, I don’t see where he could go that would give him a better opportunity at a championship. All the other contending teams have franchise QBs. He’ll likely end up on a struggling team in free agency.
His championship is his money he has enough

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His championship is his money he has enough
I doubt very seriously that all he cares about is his money and winning a championship isn’t important to him. He does have enough money and I’m sure he’s very focused on winning a championship.