Jerry Jones said he doesn't think this is Dak Prescott last year with the Cowboys

CWR

Reaction score
All I know is what I hear and see in conversations and on social media;
The majority of long-term fans are fed up with Dak's choking and Jerry's circus.
Most fans aren't actually fans. They know very little about the team. They root for the uniform and football is a good time to BBQ and drinking.

Serious fans that post on message boards and such are probably a very small percentage. That's exactly why Jerry won't ever need to change.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do you realize how wrong you are? No. Dak’s been told to prove from day one, through his first contract and now this contract. Coddled my ***. You haters are just blinded by your hate.
Break out the "hater" since that seems to be what you tell others that don't agree with you.

So sad...

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
JJ has set this team up to fail this year. Lame duck coaches? Check. No big extensions signed? Check. No big FAs added? Check. Veteran players released to purge cap? Check.

The only question is if it is intentional or not.

If he is trying to pivot away from Dak, then this offseason makes sense to some degree. Not only has JJ not supplied Dak with additional weapons, he has also pressurized the team with a lame duck HC, and some malcontents who are frustrated at not getting paid.

Lastly, and most importantly, letting him play out this year at his current cap figure eliminates a large chunk of what he is still owed.

JJ can blame MM and Dak when things go south this year and the team underachieves, which then would justify walking away from both next year and turning the page.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
JJ has set this team up to fail this year. Lame duck coaches? Check. No big extensions signed? Check. No big FAs added? Check. Veteran players released to purge cap? Check.

The only question is if it is intentional or not.

If he is trying to pivot away from Dak, then this offseason makes sense to some degree. Not only has JJ not supplied Dak with additional weapons, he has also pressurized the team with a lame duck HC, and some malcontents who are frustrated at not getting paid.

Lastly, and most importantly, letting him play out this year at his current cap figure eliminates a large chunk of what he is still owed.

JJ can blame MM and Dak when things go south this year and the team underachieves, which then would justify walking away from both next year and turning the page.
Maybe Jerry's telling Dak that if he wants 60 Million then prove it and when it crashes and burns other teams will see just how good a qb he really is.

Creeper

Reaction score
I actually watched that press conference on NFL Network. First reaction, Jerry is definitely losing his mind. He talks too much and says a lot of nonsense, much more than usual. There is definitely some tension between MM and Jerry, I think. Jerry was fielding all the questions, then someone asked MM a question. He made a joke about finally talking football. There was some laughter but then Jerry interjected, as if to remind MM this was his, meaning Jerry's, press conference. Jerry always had to have the last word - and there were many words, most of which were unnecessary.

At one point a reporter asked Jerry a question pointing out that of the 32 teams, only the Cowboys have two positions in the front office, including GM, where the people in those positions cannot be fired. The question was why did Jerry think this could work in Dallas when every other team does things differently. Jerry gave a long winded, word salad non-answer but I think he said, "It's my team and I will do what I want!"

As cynical as I have been this off-season, Jerry's press conference left me even more demoralized than before. Jerry still has tight control over this team no matter what he says, and he is losing his faculties. I do not see him changing unless he is forced to.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I actually watched that press conference on NFL Network. First reaction, Jerry is definitely losing his mind. He talks too much and says a lot of nonsense, much more than usual. There is definitely some tension between MM and Jerry, I think. Jerry was fielding all the questions, then someone asked MM a question. He made a joke about finally talking football. There was some laughter but then Jerry interjected, as if to remind MM this was his, meaning Jerry's, press conference. Jerry always had to have the last word - and there were many words, most of which were unnecessary.

At one point a reporter asked Jerry a question pointing out that of the 32 teams, only the Cowboys have two positions in the front office, including GM, where the people in those positions cannot be fired. The question was why did Jerry think this could work in Dallas when every other team does things differently. Jerry gave a long winded, word salad non-answer but I think he said, "It's my team and I will do what I want!"

As cynical as I have been this off-season, Jerry's press conference left me even more demoralized than before. Jerry still has tight control over this team no matter what he says, and he is losing his faculties. I do not see him changing unless he is forced to.
We are in Al Davis territory. For better or for worse we are in Stephens hands now.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Right now, I don’t see where he could go that would give him a better opportunity at a championship. All the other contending teams have franchise QBs. He’ll likely end up on a struggling team in free agency.
Teams not having the Jones handicap, offer a lot more than the stale decades old plan of our aging fuhrer. It's easy to forget how struggling teams can go from worst to first and make a deep playoff run when they have a great GM, a great organization that holds the GM and others accountable, and a great QB which Dak is a top ten QB. So there's no incentive for Dak to stay when our GM did nothing to improve the team in the offseason.

Plus this is the salary cap NFL where it ain't that hard to win a div playoff game. Put Dak with a great team and great organization and the sky's the limit.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Teams not having the Jones handicap, offer a lot more than the stale decades old plan of our aging fuhrer. It's easy to forget how struggling teams can go from worst to first and make a deep playoff run when they have a great GM, a great organization that holds the GM and others accountable, and a great QB which Dak is a top ten QB. So there's no incentive for Dak to stay when our GM did nothing to improve the team in the offseason.

Plus this is the salary cap NFL where it ain't that hard to win a div playoff game. Put Dak with a great team and great organization and the sky's the limit.
Steelers or Miami.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry's telling Dak that if he wants 60 Million then prove it and when it crashes and burns other teams will see just how good a qb he really is.
It’s possible. Letting Dak and MM fail would certainly justify the FO moving on from them in 2025.

This would expedite a rebuild as it would start the process of purging the cap of Dak’s contract— which in turn would create cap flexibility to build the roster around other players long term.

Big question will be whether or not Lance is even a potential replacement. If he sucks, then it is back to square one on the most important position on the roster.

If he tantalizes at all— then they can sign him for a more reasonable cap figure— and try and surround him with some quality help.

Next few months are gonna be interesting no matter what happens lol