Twitter: Jerry Jones says Cowboys could seek safety help before NFL trade deadline expires

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Josh Jones will be promoted from the PS. Jerry is confused, and thinks they traded for him.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It means Clarence is speculating like many here.

Jerry said "safety help", which from him more likely means depth than a blockbuster All Pro trade.

Which makes more sense to me based on how they have addressed the position in the past. Probably someone for the PS and or ST duties that can add a few snaps on defense when the GOAT is forced to take a plays off.

9darter

Reaction score
I guess they're trying to trade a package of Hill + some passive aggressive excuse-making homerism like "get back to me in his third year", "anyone who expected him to contribute or even dress up on game day were obviously not realistic", "he was expected to be inactive on game day this early, he'll be fine", "he's right where he's expected to be at this point" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. for Thornhill.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Safety help? No upgrade, just help?

Yep, gonna add this to the weight room to loosen hips.

Belt-Vibration-Machine9.jpg

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I’ll believe it when I see it. They need a bona fide upgrade, but they’re just as likely to ride it out with Heath as they are to trade for someone that is a backup to him. They’ve had way too many opportunities to pull the trigger and haven’t. They’d rather sign an Iloka or draft a bust like Hill instead.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Both guys would be replacing Woods. They arent strong safeties

With how the league has evolved it's more prudent to have two safeties that excel in coverage, compared to run stuffers. But if need be, Woods has shown good ability to play in the box.