Twitter: Jerry Jones says Cowboys want young QBs to develop

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
we keeping 4 QBs on the roster?

keeping 3 is tough. We have 2.

PS is not a safe spot for a QB worth developing.

this is odd.

they want to draft someone, but they don’t wAnt Dak to be upset.
I have no clue what to think.

The word disingenuous comes to mind.

But all is fair in love and war.

Which one are we doing here?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Is this a recent quote ? I haven’t heard a peep out of Jerry for weeks.

It's in keeping with the new and ongoing trend of Stephen taking over with father time doing his thing. It's just an ongoing phenomenon. ;)

In the past, we were in disbelief of the fact that Jerry couldn't stifle himself. Now that he has, we can't help but wonder why it's happening.
Why not simply enjoy it without question and savor it while we can?!:thumbup:Jerry's an aging creature and likely resting to return to normal.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
they should have been doing this every year,now we are stuck with a terrible backup QB who cant throw the ball 10 yards.

Big_D

Reaction score
they should have been doing this every year,now we are stuck with a terrible backup QB who cant throw the ball 10 yards.

I thought this was the one thing the QB guru was supposed to be good at it? Not absolutely horrendous. Why was he here? really makes you wonder. The one area he should've shown something and he still sucked.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So the Cowboys are getting onto the QB farming business? Scout'em, grow 'em, trade'em for profit. No threat to Dak. Who's buying this? :popcorn:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak employees here on just the thought of us drafting a QB....:muttley:

giphy.gif
:lmao:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since 2016? How about since when Aikman retired, we've had some doozies.
We went 12 years between drafting Steve Walsh and Quincy Carter, and another 9 years between drafting Carter and Stephen McGee, then another 6 years between drafting McGee and drafting Dak, and McGee was really the only one of that group that was truly drafted as a waiting in the wings, developmental guy. Accordingly, no, the Cowboys really weren't typically drafting developmental guys all those years. But we have drafted a developmental guy in 2 of the last 4 drafts, so it at least appears that drafting a developmental guy every couple of years is a conscious decision the team has made since 2016.

jnday

Reaction score
Cooper Rush just crapped the bed
I don’t know what to think about Rush. If everybody would be honest with themselves, nobody can say anything about him, positive or negative. Garrett did not do Rush any favors by not letting him play a single snap in any regular season game. Rush is a constant source of complaints around here, but there is no evidence to judge him on. I hope that he has some talent considering the years that he has been on the roster.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t know what to think about Rush. If everybody would be honest with themselves, nobody can say anything about him, positive or negative. Garrett did not do Rush any favors by not letting him play a single snap in any regular season game. Rush is a constant source of complaints around here, but there is no evidence to judge him on. I hope that he has some talent considering the years that he has been on the roster.
This is something I can agree with you on. We know Rush doesn't have big time physical traits, but if he can be smart and make good decisions he can be a quality backup. Like you said, we just don't have enough information to judge that at this point.

plasticman

Reaction score
McCarty's ability to develop quarterbacks? When did this happen?

He inherited a Hall of Famer and perennial record breaker in Favre to be his starter.

The backup, Roders, was the previous year's 1st round pick just finished with his rookie season.

What did he ever have to develop when it came to the quarterback position?

Favre was a freakin' ironman, he rarely didnt play. The same goes for Rodgers who started every game, except the last game of a season when they had clinched the playoffs, in 11 of 13 seasons as a starter.

In 2017 Rodgers was out 9 games and replaced by Brett Hundley, their 2nd year 5th round draft choice and he was terrible.

That's McCarty's complete resume as a QB guru. His tenure coincided with the presense of two future Hall of Fame QB's that were already there, already regarded as the team's strength.

Mike McCarty is Wade Phillips Part II.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Its going to be Kelly Bryant ex Clemson and Mizzu QB. Remember McCarthy loves QBs that fit that tall athletic mobile QB type...Aaron Brooks, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Hundley, and McCarthy really likes Prescott. Kelly Bryant will be available round 6 or 7.