Jerry Jones says Cowboys will NOT draft QB with no. 4 pick *Super Hot Pants Mega Merge*

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
If this has been posted elsewhere, apologies.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-cowboys-wont-draft-qb-with-no-4-overall-pick

Jerry Jones: Cowboys won't draft QB with No. 4 overall pick

0ap1000000217559.jpg
By Chase Goodbread College Football 24/7 writer Published: March 2, 2016 at 06:04 p.m. Updated: March 2, 2016 at 07:01 p.m.

The Dallas Cowboys' No. 4 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft has been widely speculated as an opportunity for the club to draft Tony Romo's eventual successor at quarterback, but NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt says taking a QB with that pick isn't part of the Cowboys' plan.

And few are as well-informed on the subject than the former Cowboys general manager who spoke directly with club owner Jerry Jones.

"Jerry told me recently that he will unequivocally not take a quarterback at No. 4, where the Cowboys draft this year. I believe him," Brandt wrote in are view of developmental QB options for the Cowboys in the draft. "It makes sense if you think Romo will make a full recovery from offseason surgery, will be your starter for at least three more years, and your team has a window of opportunity that will remain open by filling more glaring needs with the top pick in the draft."

That would certainly align with Jones' declaration at the Reese's Senior Bowl that the club isn't necessarily under pressure to find its next starting quarterback in the draft. Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett has also said that, while the club needs a promising young quarterback on the roster, the No. 4 pick might not be the time to make that investment. Brandt finds Jones' intent to go in another direction with the No. 4 pick sensible.

Is he just blowing smoke?

[article content added]

Last edited by a moderator:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You shouldn't believe anything this time of year.

But it's what I'd do.

Junglist

Reaction score
Meh. This is probably the first time i'm not even remotely excited about free-agency, the draft, or the season. I'm sure that will change, but right now i have no ****s to give.

I don't think any of the QB's we'd pick will end up a franchise QB.

Craig

Reaction score
If you have arron rodgers backing up tom brady, you should still never rule out drafting a qb. Youre throwing away the opportunity to get the skins to trade up for rg3

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Why would he say this?

There is no reason to say this unless they are going to go after RGIiI or Manziel.

We have to have a backup this year capable of winning games.

I just think this has been the problem all along with Jones.

He's comfortable with losing and making money.

Thats been how it has been since the stadium was built.

Its not about football anymore in Dallas.

Its about selling skyboxes and suites and overpriced food.

Its pathetic.

coult44

Reaction score
Why would he say this?

There is no reason to say this unless they are going to go after RGIiI or Manziel.

We have to have a backup this year capable of winning games.

I just think this has been the problem all along with Jones.

He's comfortable with losing and making money.

Thats been how it has been since the stadium was built.

Its not about football anymore in Dallas.

Its about selling skyboxes and suites and overpriced food.

Its pathetic.

He basically admitted this on the Joe Buck show.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hell yeah!!!! I like that idea!!! Get the RB at 4 or trade back and get the RB and draft a QB in round 3/4 or just wait till 2017 draft. There will be some good ones

fffiasco

Reaction score
His story will change next week. Just posturing. We don't know the teams true intentions till they draft.

BHendri5

Reaction score
His story will change next week. Just posturing. We don't know the teams true intentions till they draft.

I certainly hope he is not posturing. So I am believing that he is telling the truth