Video: Jerry Jones screwing up Jimmy Johnson in Dallas: Dave Wannstedt

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jimmy was run. YEAH maybe he did quit but with good reason. Jerry was being an idgit. The Mike Fisher Jerryites leave that part out. Jerry knew darn well what he was doing. He was seizing control back of the team via other means. So 27 years later, after Switzer wins with Jimmys guys, here we are...in spin cycle.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I just listened to it. It's just as I thought. Jerry drove Jimmy away. He might not have stayed long term but I think he would have stayed another 2 or 3 years if Jerry hadn't intervened.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I just listened to it. It's just as I thought. Jerry drove Jimmy away. He might not have stayed long term but I think he would have stayed another 2 or 3 years if Jerry hadn't intervened.
This is the truth Dave said. He was there. The Mike Fishers of the world might be the only guy that defends Jerry and says differently. Jerry is a spiteful guy. That is a well known fact. Do the math. Dave was right I am 100% sure.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lebron cries over games. I couldn’t make this one Dude understand it’s one of the main reasons he’ll never be the Goat.
He’s not the GOAT, because his ISO skills are mediocre and he can’t play off the ball or with his back to the basket for extended periods of time and in a half-court slowed down gage he sits there blowing his hands in a corner, among other things, personality having nothing to do with it.

ESisback

Reaction score
No, this is a football fan forum. You aren’t playing any game.
But football is a game. Meant to be fun. Are they your employer? Are you the owner? If they changed their colors to hot pink and mustard yellow and moved to Boise, would you still have to pay your mortgage? We’re not playing a game, we’re WATCHING a game, supposedly for entertainment.

Rayman70

Reaction score
at this point in time what difference does in make?
Actually it tells a tale of how we got where we are today as a team that hasn't sniffed a SB since 1995-96. Its very relevant. This can be salvaged anytime Jerry wants to if he lifts the dark cloud over the team by putting Jimmy in the ring and letting things go. Forgiveness by each guy makes a difference. I know we can't measure it, but it matters. The day Jerry sets aside his ego, we will win the SB.

khiladi

Reaction score
But football is a game. Meant to be fun. Are they your employer? Are you the owner? If they changed their colors to hot pink and mustard yellow and moved to Boise, would you still have to pay your mortgage? We’re not playing a game, we’re WATCHING a game, supposedly for entertainment.
No, we are not watching the game, we are analyzing the Cowboys on this forum and talking about whatever is relevant. Whether you are pessimistic or optimistic is your own personality. You can’t dictate to others what they want to discuss, because:

1. You aren’t a moderator
2. No rules are being violated

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry and Stevie ran Amari the same way they ran Jimmy away. Painted a false narrative out of pure spite.

ESisback

Reaction score
He’s not the GOAT, because his ISO skills are mediocre and he can’t play off the ball or with his back to the basket for extended periods of time and in a half-court slowed down gage he sits there blowing his hands in a corner, among other things, personality having nothing to do with it.
Personality DOES play a part. You could have the best stats in every category, but if people despise you because you’re a gigantic jerk, you likely won’t get their vote for GOAT.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is the truth Dave said. He was there. The Mike Fishers of the world might be the only guy that defends Jerry and says differently. Jerry is a spiteful guy. That is a well known fact. Do the math. Dave was right I am 100% sure.
This is actually why I posted it, as Dab Wannstedt was a coach on the team and had inside access to everything and is close to Jimmy Johnson.

How any Cowboys fan could claim this is not relevant, it’s pretty “ironic”…

John813

Reaction score
Watched the entire clip, learned about the jogging meetings which was pretty cool.
But, the part about the divorce of Jerry and Jimmy is already documented pretty well.
Egos clashed. Jerry owned the team, and Jimmy left after getting pissed off about Jerry wanting more credit for the team building/interviews

khiladi

Reaction score
Personality DOES play a part. You could have the best stats in every category, but if people despise you because you’re a gigantic jerk, you likely won’t get their vote for GOAT.
MJ is horrible off the court, but he’s the greatest basketball player ever and would take Lebron’s breakfast, lunch and dinner and it wouldn’t be close..