Video: Jerry Jones screwing up Jimmy Johnson in Dallas: Dave Wannstedt

Rayman70

Reaction score
Watched the entire clip, learned about the jogging meetings which was pretty cool.
But, the part about the divorce of Jerry and Jimmy is already documented pretty well.
Egos clashed. Jerry owned the team, and Jimmy left after getting pissed off about Jerry wanting more credit for the team building/interviews
If jerry wanted Jimmy there, it would have been done. Fact is, this was the desired outcome he wanted. he already had Barry on speed dial all along. NEVER underestimate Jerry and his manipulation tactics.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is actually why I posted it, as Dab Wannstedt was a coach on the team and had inside access to everything and is close to Jimmy Johnson.

How any Cowboys fan could claim this is not relevant, it’s pretty “ironic”…
exactly

ESisback

Reaction score
No, we are not watching the game, we are analyzing the Cowboys on this forum and talking about whatever is relevant. Whether you are pessimistic or optimistic is your own personality. You can’t dictate to others what they want to discuss, because:

1. You aren’t a moderator
2. No rules are being violated
No one is dictating! We’re only pointing out that repeating complaints that have been endlessly repeated are tiresome and counterproductive. We don’t view crying as entertainment. Discuss, analyze, then move on. This is a hobby, not our livelihood!

khiladi

Reaction score
No one is dictating! We’re only pointing out that repeating complaints that have been endlessly repeated are tiresome and counterproductive. We don’t view crying as entertainment. Discuss, analyze, then move on. This is a hobby, not our livelihood!
What is “Waaaaaah”?

jsb357

Reaction score
The day Jerry sets aside his ego, we will win the SB.
I disagree.

Once Jerry steps aside for whatever reason...

If the right GM is hired

If the right HC is hired

If the right draft choices are made.

If the team is healthy

If the ball bounces Dallas' way.

If the ref's don't screw something up.

Then Dallas might win a Super Bowl.

Even then no guarantees...

ESisback

Reaction score
MJ is horrible off the court, but he’s the greatest basketball player ever and would take Lebron’s breakfast, lunch and dinner and it wouldn’t be close..
Agreed, although he wasn’t constantly making narcissistic comments or talking politics in public.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I disagree.

Once Jerry steps aside for whatever reason...

If the right GM is hired

If the right HC is hired

If the right draft choices are made.

If the team is healthy

If the ball bounces Dallas' way.

If the ref's don't screw something up.

Then Dallas might win a Super Bowl.

Even then no guarantees...
while all those things listed are true, it all starts with the ring induction. KARMA is real.

ESisback

Reaction score
What is “Waaaaaah”?
It’s a sarcastic but good natured jab at people that can’t seem to stop moaning long enough to wring some enjoyment out of the diversion called football.

Big_D

Reaction score
Out of every single thing Jerry has ever said, this has to be the worst ever!!! It’s down right stupid and embarrassing. Honestly it’s depressing. It’s proof that they have no idea how to win and could give a flying flip over how his fans feel. I almost feel sorry for him.

When you listen to him on the radio he sounds like he has it together. I mean cognitively speaking. But there is something completely wrong with his mind if after three decades of being one of the worst franchises in the NFL he thinks they are building a long term dynasty.

We are basically the Sacramento Kings of the NFL. Right on par with the Detroit Lions, Miami Dolphins, or NY Jets. Good God this infuriates me!!!!! I’ve been a pretty good proponent of Jones the last couple of years. I guess I let the good drafting and hope for change overshadow my negative thoughts lately. But the way I’m beginning to feel again about this team is sad and I really don’t feel that I’m alone!!! This sucks…

As bad as he's been he always finds a way to spin it and pat himself on the back. It's really a never-ending nightmare situation with him and his kid in charge.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Note sure if this has been posted before and I have still haven’t seen it, but Colin Cowherd has Dave Wannstedt on his show last year discussing how Jerry Jones screwed up Jimmy Johnson being here and has a certain segment on when Jimmy Johnson decided he wanted out. I still haven’t watched the whole thing yet, but since we are listening to the Jones clans latest rants from the Senior Bowl it all seems to make sense, I thought I’d share.

That's from a year ago.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Note sure if this has been posted before and I have still haven’t seen it, but Colin Cowherd has Dave Wannstedt on his show last year discussing how Jerry Jones screwed up Jimmy Johnson being here and has a certain segment on when Jimmy Johnson decided he wanted out. I still haven’t watched the whole thing yet, but since we are listening to the Jones clans latest rants from the Senior Bowl it all seems to make sense, I thought I’d share.

Did Jerry really admit he screwed it up? I would like to hear that audio if true.

plasticman

Reaction score
Since 1970, when I was 15, I have been fanatical when it came to the Dallas Cowboys. They were always in the playoffs. They were "the good guys".

Back then there was no such thing as a "sports network" like ESPN. There was no such thing as the internet. I got my Dallas Cowboys news from four sources, the sports part of the half hour local news on TV, the sports section of the daily newspaper, monthly and annual sports publications, and the Dallas Cowboys Weekly.

That was it. There was no daily reporting of the Cowboys, there were no sports blogs on the internet. There was no CowboysZone.

Suffice it to say, I was ravenous for any Cowboys information or news and I soaked in whatever I could find. I have since tried to find proof of what I saw or heard during some periods of the Cowboys history and I have found most, but not all. Due to a very good policy on this forum, I won't make a specific claim without proof. That's fair.

However.......

I stand by my constant "general" claim that it was Jimmy who built that team, Jerry was the money. After Jimmy left, one more Super Bowl was a huge underachievement. That team had the potential to win five in a row. Jerry was responsible for that.

Cmac

Reaction score
Lebron cries over games. I couldn’t make this one Dude understand it’s one of the main reasons he’ll never be the Goat.
......what does Lebron have to do with this thread, other than an opportunity to bring him up for no reason?

Here's crying:

R.f328b7ee02eefe9f9c75fd58f62b4abb

ESisback

Reaction score
......what does Lebron have to do with this thread, other than an opportunity to bring him up for no reason?

Here's crying:

R.f328b7ee02eefe9f9c75fd58f62b4abb
Merely an example of a player who cries after losing, in response to another poster, dozens of posts ago. Metaphors and all kinds of various side topics often come into play during discussions in public fan forums, don’t they?