Jerry Jones Seemingly Blames Jason Garrett for Cowboys Loss

Zman5

Reaction score
The Cowboys are 1-8 when Elliott is held to less than 75 yards wouldn’t support we are as successful.

What does that stat have to do with success of play action passing? There is no correlation between the Elliotts's rush yards and success of play action passing.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Putting a 'motivational speaker' to be head coach of the most valuable sports franchise in the world just doesn't cut it .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What does that stat have to do with success of play action passing? There is no correlation between the Elliotts's rush yards and success of play action passing.
Unless your suggesting we have success with play action when Elliotts not productive which leads to wins.

Who cares if Dak has some success in play action without Elliotts productivity if it doesn’t lead to a W.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Putting a 'motivational speaker' to be head coach of the most valuable sports franchise in the world just doesn't cut it .
Then your issue is with Jerry. He’s the one who doesn’t want a more proven HC here. Assuming he’d attract one with his “ socks to jocks” dysfunctional Mgmt style.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“Obviously we’re very disappointed. … Let’s give them some credit. Their defense was the biggest concern for me coming in. They did a great job. They won a hard fought game. But they won it with a good scheme, good coaching,” Jones said, via The Athletic

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/cowboys-jerry-jones-jason-garrett-loss-saints/

was it moore
was it taking what the saints giving to us
was it garrett pulling rank on moore
was it crowd noise affecting the playcalling
guess we will eventually find out
it makes me feel a little better if Garrett was blamed by Jones....we saw this movie so many times in 2017...doing same thing that does not work over and over

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This snip from the article nails it. Big time.
big dog--us cowboy fans crucify any and everyone if we lose....we just dont like to lose but especially the way we did against N.O....i hope Jones has a real real bad taste in his mouth after Sunday nights game..i hope he is
abusing blue label Johnny walker and throwing things in his office

Zman5

Reaction score
Unless your suggesting we have success with play action when Elliotts not productive which leads to wins.

Who cares if Dak has some success in play action without Elliotts productivity if it doesn’t lead to a W.

The team should care. If play action is more effective even without Elliot being productive, using it more will give us better chance to win.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“Obviously we’re very disappointed. … Let’s give them some credit. Their defense was the biggest concern for me coming in. They did a great job. They won a hard fought game. But they won it with a good scheme, good coaching,” Jones said, via The Athletic

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/cowboys-jerry-jones-jason-garrett-loss-saints/

was it moore
was it taking what the saints giving to us
was it garrett pulling rank on moore
was it crowd noise affecting the playcalling
guess we will eventually find out
i am so disgusted and thoroughly tired of Garretts post game or later in week interviews after an abysmal loss like we had against Saints..same same same crap comes out of his mouth...we did some good things we were just not consitent enough...so so tired of that crap...take ownership Garrett..team got stuffed ...you got stuffed and you did little to rectify a plan that was not working....he has done this over and over and over...so hard headed to his plan if it dont work...as though its impossibility to make adustments...i know i am venting big time....but its happened so many times....until it gets so bad we do somehting about it...why not be prepared before hand if they stop your game plan???

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog--us cowboy fans crucify any and everyone if we lose....we just dont like to lose but especially the way we did against N.O....i hope Jones has a real real bad taste in his mouth after Sunday nights game..i hope he is
abusing blue label Johnny walker and throwing things in his office
Everyone associated with the Cowboys should have a bad taste in their mouths after that game.

gmb1

Reaction score
Jerry is crazy as hell. He likes great coaching but he fired Jimmy Johnson and made Parcells quit. :laugh:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry is crazy as hell. He likes great coaching but he fired Jimmy Johnson and made Parcells quit. :laugh:
that is true..but he has mellowed out a lot..keeping Garrett as he has proves that....this game should make up Jerry's mind Jason is gone after season is over even if we win super bowl...just too little too late in my lowly opinion
because i guarantee you Brady would not have just kept doing same things that were not working in N. E....at least lose gunning for a victory...i think Dak should have intervened for the cause....maybe said Moore i am calling my
own plays for a while...could not have done any worse i guarantee that..but Dak is too much company man...that is why they love him..he dont rock the boat

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The team should care. If play action is more effective even without Elliot being productive, using it more will give us better chance to win.
That’s yet to be proven consistently as the 1-8 record would indicate.

I think most would conclude Dak in play action is much more effective when Elliott is productive.

Defenses like we saw Sunday night simply dont respect Dak in play action without a more serious threat from Elliott.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Plays action is more effective when your running game is working. That's the point of using it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
it makes me feel a little better if Garrett was blamed by Jones....we saw this movie so many times in 2017...doing same thing that does not work over and over
You’re assuming Jerry’s #1 priority is winning which he’s proved that’s not the case or he’d of stepped aside years ago.

Jerry’s only interested in winning his way. And a HC like Garrett is his way. Theres not enough room in Big D for an ego bigger than Jerry. That’s always going to be the Cowboys biggest hurdle to overcome.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully the teams analytics department is bypassing Garrett and giving this information to Moore. Then he can fix it.

This team moves the ball best when they throw on early downs. This is obvious just watching the games.

Establishing the run to set up the pass is 1970's thinking. And it will fail every time. Just like it did Sunday night.

Saints didn't bite on play action early which is why our offense ground to a halt.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you think of a game where the 90’s Cowboys were outplayed and sure to lose but they ended up with a win because a genius move from Jimmy Johnson.

Are you a moron or do you just play one on the cowboy chat board?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You are being generous. Garrrets motivational act has been stale for 10 years. He's not motivating anyone...........possibly b/c he has no real authority and the players know it.

Zman5

Reaction score
That’s yet to be proven consistently as the 1-8 record would indicate.

I think most would conclude Dak in play action is much more effective when Elliott is productive.

Defenses like we saw Sunday night simply dont respect Dak in play action without a more serious threat from Elliott.

Win-loss record has no correlation with effectiveness of playaction pass. You can throw zero playaction pass and win games. You can throw 100% playaction pass and lose all games. And vise-verse.

I've posted two examples that states run game effectiveness has no bearing on effectiveness of play action passing. It's myth clueless fans want to keep believing in.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Win-loss record has no correlation with effectiveness of playaction pass. You can throw zero playaction pass and win games. You can throw 100% playaction pass and lose all games. And vise-verse.

I've posted two examples that states run game effectiveness has no bearing on effectiveness of play action passing. It's myth clueless fans want to keep believing in.
Then explain why Dak is more ineffective in play action when Elliott isn’t as productive?

Zman5

Reaction score
Plays action is more effective when your running game is working. That's the point of using it.

That's a myth. Go read the footballoutsiders link I posted above. It's not the effectiveness of the run game but the threat of the run game that will determine if playaction is effective.