Jerry Jones Seemingly Blames Jason Garrett for Cowboys Loss

Tommy

Reaction score
When the thread title uses the word “seemingly” you can be sure it’s a load of crap.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you think of a game where the 90’s Cowboys were outplayed and sure to lose but they ended up with a win because a genius move from Jimmy Johnson.
I don't remember exactly the game, but there was one where we pulled a surprise onside kick, I believe to open the 2nd half, that help with a win. But those kinds of things are far and away the exception and not the rule. The vast majority of in game decisions would either be made the same by every coach, or could go either way with justification.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Obviously we’re very disappointed. … Let’s give them some credit. Their defense was the biggest concern for me coming in. They did a great job. They won a hard fought game. But they won it with a good scheme, good coaching,” Jones said, via The Athletic

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/cowboys-jerry-jones-jason-garrett-loss-saints/

was it moore
was it taking what the saints giving to us
was it garrett pulling rank on moore
was it crowd noise affecting the playcalling
guess we will eventually find out

JG is road kill after this season simply burnt out and enough already here.
What really is disturbing is how much he uses the F word when talking to the players.
Plastic man and just comes across as a fake esp to the players I'm guessing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JG is road kill after this season simply burnt out and enough already here.
What really is disturbing is how much he uses the F word when talking to the players.
Plastic man and just comes across as a fake esp to the players I'm guessing.
lol - yeah, because coaches never swear. Can't you at least use real arguments against JG? There actually are some.

I'm wondering why nobody else has ever noticed excessive swearing by JG ,,,?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Can you think of a game where the 90’s Cowboys were outplayed and sure to lose but they ended up with a win because a genius move from Jimmy Johnson.
Yep.........it seems from some of these sensitive Garrett lovers he has an extensive family backing.

I'm noticing a trend...not all but some of the Garrett backers I suspect are also resident closet eagles fans.

Last edited:

CB61

Reaction score
This snip from the article nails it. Big time.
I said that Garrett should get all the blame all during the game several different post I made when you're not ready you can't make adjustments and you're not disciplined that's the head coach's job yes he oversees all the assistance but he needs to step in and say we need to do something different or do this or don't do that instead of standing like a statue on the sidelines, anybody ever watch Belichick go over and talk to the defense almost all the time he does that's his specialty so in that case Garrett should be over talking to the offense not just standing on the sidelines being a cheerleader and clapping I'm waiting for him to break out his cartwheel routine or his split like in Split town

Zman5

Reaction score
I’d agree with that. And Dak has more success and or effective in play action when our running game is productive.

Yes and both Dak and Romo had more success and effective in play action even when our running game was not productive.

Tommy

Reaction score
I said that Garrett should get all the blame all during the game several different post I made when you're not ready you can't make adjustments and you're not disciplined that's the head coach's job yes he oversees all the assistance but he needs to step in and say we need to do something different or do this or don't do that instead of standing like a statue on the sidelines, anybody ever watch Belichick go over and talk to the defense almost all the time he does that's his specialty so in that case Garrett should be over talking to the offense not just standing on the sidelines being a cheerleader and clapping I'm waiting for him to break out his cartwheel routine or his split like in Split town
You forgot to put a period at the end of this sentence.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
“Obviously we’re very disappointed. … Let’s give them some credit. Their defense was the biggest concern for me coming in. They did a great job. They won a hard fought game. But they won it with a good scheme, good coaching,” Jones said, via The Athletic

was it moore

The horrid game plan by our coaches and a complete incompetence in making adjustments is what gave the Saints an opportunity to win this game.

Then their players went out and beat ours.

Saints won:

1. Coaching
2. Players

If we win just one of those we probably win this game by 10 points.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes and both Dak and Romo had more success and effective in play action even when our running game was not productive.
The Cowboys are 1-8 when Elliott is held to less than 75 yards wouldn’t support we are as successful.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This snip from the article nails it. Big time.
I completely disagree with pretty much every word of this. Garrett always gets blamed for the bad, and rarely gets credit for the good.

Also, the writer thinks the Cowboys were completely outplayed, and that the game wasn't nearly as close as the scoreboard says. That's crap. The offense was not good, but they also got screwed several times with very poor officiating, not to mention the extreme advantage the Saints had with the crowd noise, which was possibly the loudest stadium I've ever witnessed for an entire game.

The defense held the Saints to 12 points....12 points. That signifies a team that "wanted it bad"???

No, I think that article was written by someone trying to score points by pandering to the overreaction of the fans.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Not only that.

Tony Pollard's skill set to compliment Zeke would've helped out too.

They could've stretched the defense out with some sideways stuff through the air and on the ground.

Instead we got North and South football.

CATCH17 is one of the few people who is making sense on this game and people still don't see it lol smh

Dre11

Reaction score

was it moore

You will turn anything into a Jason blame game. Jerry said Moore calls the plays , Moore along with Kitna, Brown, and the TE coach, Dak all have input in gameplan. Execution was poor. He did not say or insinuate he was blaming anyone.