Adult Language Jerry Jones uncut: Nobody can get this done better than me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
To be fair, he has been the GM of a team that went three straight regular seasons at 12-5 and three straight playoff appearances. I’ve been told on here that all you can ask of a team is to make the playoffs, and hope your team gets hot (nothing more needs to be done). What other teams have accomplished that?
Who told you that? I demand excellence. Super Bowl, rebuild, or get the heck out.

All those 12-5 seasons do is highlight what total underachievers this team is in the playoffs as they broke the NFL record by not reaching a single conference title game in any of these three 12 win seasons in a row.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The heat is going to get hotter...no way he lucks into a third QB with no effort at all....those regular seasons are gonna get rough with Rush and Lance playing QB...good news is those preseason games are gonna be a blast for a while..lol

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Combine unbridled arrogance with narcissism and zero self awareness, sprinkle in dementia, alcohol, a double dose of old man don’t care and you got this Gollum looking old fool.

I can’t stand Jerry Jones. A paternity dodging relic.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If it were just a matter of not winning the SB for nearly 30 years, I'd be willing to say Jerry might be right. Running an NFL team IS hard, very hard.
Jets have won 1 SB in their entire NFL history of what, 60 years? For All the good Eagles teams, 1 championship in the last 64 years. Vikings have never won a SB. Same for the Bills, Bengals, etc.

But like the first team to win 12 games 3 years in a row and never making the conference championship game, to having the best record in the NFL and losing in the first round, at home, more than once, to losing to a team playing its first ever NFL game (Texans), and other bad firsts, it's the cumulation of poor decisions.

Of course, to be real, Jerry can say nothing else. To do so would be to admit that so many fans, etc. were right about Jerry not being a good enough gm to win a SB, about Jimmy Johnson being by far mostly responsible for Jerry's 3 SB wins and about wasting the careers of so many players like Jason Witten.

How many of us would, and could, say "It's my fault we have no rings since 1996"?

Darn few, I'd say. Including me.

So we will never hear that from Jerry, either.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
To be fair, he has been the GM of a team that went three straight regular seasons at 12-5 and three straight playoff appearances. I’ve been told on here that all you can ask of a team is to make the playoffs, and hope your team gets hot (nothing more needs to be done). What other teams have accomplished that?
Thats a bit of a loaded question; do YOU believe regular season success is the only barometer for a good GM?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a member of CowboysZone, you must agree to the following rules:

#7 - You will not post political discussions, comments or content.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jimmy has said multiple times he was leaving anyway. So Jerry basically did him a favor.
Jerry pushed him out the door. I don't believe for one second that Jimmy would have left in the middle of a dynasty if not for Jerry. Jimmy wasn't here for the long haul but he wouldn't have left when he did.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’ll never admit it, but it has to bother him knowing this.
Of course he knows. It frustrates him to no end. Normal egos, especially those with a business-centric acumen, would have considered other management options. Jerry Jones does not have an average person's sized ego. Narcissism is his Achilles Heel as an NFL general manager.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
He’s right, it takes someone special like Jerrah to not even get to the NFC championship game is almost 3 decades. Not many people could do that even if they tried.

Plankton

Reaction score
Idk how McClay deals with Mr Ego all the time
Will McClay has the easiest gig in the world. He is teflon with the fan base - he gets the credit for anything in personnel when it works out, but when something goes wrong, Jerry and Stephen Jones get pilloried. Why on earth would he have an issue with it? He lives in an accountability free zone, like the rest of the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.