Adult Language Jerry Jones uncut: Nobody can get this done better than me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Members may not have viewed my video on Jerry Jones as GM a month ago. Admittedly, nine minutes is a good chunk of anyone's time, lol.

Let's try this instead since Jones exposes his thoughts on money in the thread article. I cropped how Jones sees money to only 100 seconds in the clip below. It is important because really LISTENING to a person can make an observer aware of how that individual thinks. Please note. This interview Q&A took place OVER A DECADE AGO and still holds true to this day:

That's nothing. This call was in 2001. It's been 23 years and counting, and nothing has changed. It's also why Jerry stopped taking calls from fans on radio talk shows.

https://web.archive.org/web/2023070....usave.it/media3/rec-d4A6OagNafB1YrdxdIDk.mp3

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you imagine if against all the odds he lives for another 10-15 years and refuses to relinquish control?
Imagine?

I have been telling people (on and off this site) to consider no one knows how long anyone will live, including Jones. And that it is extremely unlikely he will ever hire a qualified football executive to be his GM.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's nothing. This call was in 2001. It's been 23 years and counting, and nothing has changed. It's also why Jerry stopped taking calls from fans on radio talk shows.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230701030908/https://aws2-media.usave.it/media3/rec-d4A6OagNafB1YrdxdIDk.mp3
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I tried finding that audio and another similar one from around that time that I remembered but COULDN'T locate it a month ago. It did not occur to me to try the freaking Wayback Machines. D'oh!

Good find. I have been saying this is who Jones is to the bone his entire life. Some people do change when they come into wealth and fame. Thing is, Jones had wealth BEFORE purchasing the franchise. Plus, his backstory paints the man as the same guy now, back in 2001 and prior to February 25, 1989.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Do not let a Sith turn you into a Sith. :muttley:
Dang, now that you mention it Jerry has pretty much become Palpatine. Leaving obvious flaws in his giant, expensive battle stations and such. His apprentice is a conflicted gimp who has a thing for smelly leather (I mean, Stephen has to be into some weird stuff, right?). Definitely treats all of his storm troopers and officers as expendable tools. Branding and marketing genius. Ol' Sidious made sure that Empire logo was everywhere in the galaxy.

Hopefully Jerry finds his way down a shaft sooner rather than later. I won't even start with sequel trilogy Palpatine jokes. "Somehow, Jerral returned!"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dang, now that you mention it Jerry has pretty much become Palpatine. Leaving obvious flaws in his giant, expensive battle stations and such. His apprentice is a conflicted gimp who has a thing for smelly leather (I mean, Stephen has to be into some weird stuff, right?). Definitely treats all of his storm troopers and officers as expendable tools. Branding and marketing genius. Ol' Sidious made sure that Empire logo was everywhere in the galaxy.

Hopefully Jerry finds his way down a shaft sooner rather than later. I won't even start with sequel trilogy Palpatine jokes. "Somehow, Jerral returned!"
Bold> No one but me knows JUST how often I have thought about creating a gif of that scene with Jones' face pasted over the Emperor's, lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Happy Monday!

Sounds like Jerry is getting frustrated. Lol He didn’t do anything in free agency just to sign his top players and he still can’t get them signed.

MS17

Reaction score
From franchise establishment, ultimate hands-off owner, Clint Murchison Jr., (1960-86) to present day owner, Jerral W. Jones, Sr. (infinity)
That's sublime to the ridiculous, folks.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
960x0.jpg
texans-gm-nick-caserio-deshaun-watson-trade-undone.jpg
FW67F6MXZFFPPOFFC5TVPI46UY.jpg
wskrxrlkewhyg4y3xkho
c68dbacdab7ccab9ecf413026589fdf7

ring_of_fame_004.jpg

LesSnead-HeadShot-1024x1024.jpg

104918.jpg

Bonus points if you could name all the guys here who’d do a better job

Blitzen

Reaction score
Happy Monday!

To be fair, he has been the GM of a team that went three straight regular seasons at 12-5 and three straight playoff appearances. I’ve been told on here that all you can ask of a team is to make the playoffs, and hope your team gets hot (nothing more needs to be done). What other teams have accomplished that?

Status
Not open for further replies.