Jerry Jones was just on the fan he said what i have suspected *Audio Post #84*

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I listened to the audio last night. I knew he didn't say winning was secondary. This is the issue I have with people that have a vendetta against Jerry; you lose credibility when you make things up. If Jerry is so bad and you hate him so much, then you should not have to make up anything in order to get your point across.

Even still, I was waiting to hear where he implied that winning was secondary. I don't see how he implied it. He was asked if he worried about the fans being apathetic and he replied that the game was entertaining so they were going to keep coming back. For him to imply that winning was secondary I would have had to hear something along the lines of how filling the stadium was the most important thing they focus on.

I fully believe that winning is the most important thing to Jerry. However, I think Jerry wants to have his cake and eat it, too. He doesn't want to just win the game, he wants to hit a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. He wants the wins and all of the credit and glory. Sadly, I think if the fans and media had given him credit for his first 3 Super Bowl wins, I tend to think he would no longer be GM of the team. I think he's always craved that lack of credit. Tough to blame him, he hired his buddy and everybody thought Jimmy was some joke that should be coaching high school. He traded away Herschel Walker for draft picks and everybody thought that was crazy. And I think he may have been the only owner to keep a coach that goes 1-15.

In the end, what Jerry said was an indictment of these people that feign outrage. If you're really outraged by him and his actions, go find another team. I was all prepared to if I felt he implied that 'winning is secondary.' I have no interest in rooting for a team that feels that way. But for all of the bluster and outrage, these so called 'fans' are nothing but marks for Jerry. They are the ones that will say that they can't stand him and no longer love the franchise, until the next Sunday when they are right there watching the team on TV.

If you really want to make a change, stop rooting for the team. Stop coming on Cowboys message boards. Stop watching them on TV. Stop buying merchandise. Stop being members of their Facebook page. Stop visiting the Web site. Put your proverbial 'money where your mouth is.' Otherwise, you're just as guilty as having things run the way they are because Jerry will never stop until he sees a real change. And you'll continue to look like a hypocrite.

YR

LOL

don't forget our qb is to short.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Being a deluded, bandwagon riding crybaby who thinks you deserve better because the team you closed your eyes and picked out of a hat was great decades ago doesn't make you a fan.

Joke's on you, Jack!

P.S. You don't deserve anything.

Oh my.

Someone got their wittle feewings hurt.

This is about as effective as using other teams as a guage to address the Cowboys.

You make me laugh.

P.S. Not with you.

romothesavior

Reaction score
I think the last few weeks are the first time I've ever questioned my fanhood. All the heartbreaking losses, all the choke jobs, all the mediocrity in the world couldn't undermine my love for this franchise. But when I see apathy from the people at the top, I have to wonder why I do it week after week. Why invest my heart and soul if the owner and the coaches won't do it? I'm not going to be one of Jerry's sheeple.

I would never be able to switch allegiances or anything like that, but I can feel myself becoming less into the NFL and less into the Cowboys. I hardly cared about the asswhooping we took to the Saints and the Bears, and after five minutes of being angry at the Packers meltdown, I just had to laugh at how pathetic we are. But why get worked up over it if the people in charge don't? Why put myself through that?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think the last few weeks are the first time I've ever questioned my fanhood. All the heartbreaking losses, all the choke jobs, all the mediocrity in the world couldn't undermine my love for this franchise. But when I see apathy from the people at the top, I have to wonder why I do it week after week. Why invest my heart and soul if the owner and the coaches won't do it? I'm not going to be one of Jerry's sheeple.

I would never be able to switch allegiances or anything like that, but I can feel myself becoming less into the NFL and less into the Cowboys. I hardly cared about the asswhooping we took to the Saints and the Bears, and after five minutes of being angry at the Packers meltdown, I just had to laugh at how pathetic we are. But why get worked up over it if the people in charge don't? Why put myself through that?

this is where I am at I guess also. I wont get mad about any of this ever again. Hearing hatcher say he doesn't care about the fans last week, jerry and stephens dumb comments on the radio etc...

Bradie james on with mike doocy back in October said he hates when the cowboys lose now because everyone is so miserable, he never knew cowboys fans cared so much. I almost died when I heard him say that. A team captain who played here for nearly a decade never knew the fans cared so much? Huh?

I will never root for anyone else I will just find better things to do with my time. I am not renewing sunday ticket or game rewind next year, although we get game rewind for free as ticket holders.

and my ticket holder days may be over also. If we hire zimmer or keep garrett I will probably think long and hard about having tickets anymore.

the only thing keeping me engaged is that I love romo witten and ware. I want to watch them right up until they are done.

romothesavior

Reaction score
this is where I am at I guess also. I wont get mad about any of this ever again. Hearing hatcher say he doesn't care about the fans last week, jerry and stephens dumb comments on the radio etc...

Bradie james on with mike doocy back in October said he hates when the cowboys lose now because everyone is so miserable, he never knew cowboys fans cared so much. I almost died when I heard him say that. A team captain who played here for nearly a decade never knew the fans cared so much? Huh?

I will never root for anyone else I will just find better things to do with my time. I am not renewing sunday ticket or game rewind next year, although we get game rewind for free as ticket holders.

and my ticket holder days may be over also. If we hire zimmer or keep garrett I will probably think long and hard about having tickets anymore.

the only thing keeping me engaged is that I love romo witten and ware. I want to watch them right up until they are done.

You and I have an almost identical ithought process, except that I live in the Midwest and don't have season tickets. (I actually went to my first game in Dallas this year vs. Minnesota.) But yeah, I think my days of getting worked up, texting "HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!" at my buddies before games, being frustrated at every loss, etc. are over. I'll passively watch but my days of being thoroughly invested are waning.

But I am a big Romo/Witten/Ware fan as well, and I want to see them do well, so I'm sure I'll always tune in. It really sucks that they wasted their prime years and amazing talents toiling under our owner Commissioner Turdmeister and his band of incompetent yes-men.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
calling fans crybabies because they are asking for some form of structure and want to see a solid plan heading forward is beyond ignorant and one of the silliest things I have read here.

You reading these threads and coming away with fans wanting structure and a plan is the silliest thing I've ever read. They are crying about being 8-8 and think they are superior fans because the team they randomly root doesn't win the Super Bowl every year. You, and they, don't deserve anything. You're not a superior fan, and your reading comprehension needs massive improvement.

romothesavior

Reaction score
You reading these threads and coming away with fans wanting structure and a plan is the silliest thing I've ever read. They are crying about being 8-8 and think they are superior fans because the team they randomly root doesn't win the Super Bowl every year. You, and they, don't deserve anything. You're not a superior fan, and your reading comprehension needs massive improvement.
You're being ridiculous. We want to see someone around this organization care about the fact that we have barely been relevant in a football sense for nearly two decades. No one here is crying about not winning Super Bowls left and right, but when the owner doesn't seem to care about winning and is a completely incompetent fool, I think fans are perfectly entitled to voice their frustration.

I don't think I could ever be "happy" with 8-8, but I will always be furious to know that the people in charge are perfectly contented by it.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
@Espn_macmahon

Jerry isn't worried a bit about fan apathy because the Cowboys put on such an entertaining show. How many sequels can a horror movie have?!?

What an absolutely brilliant analogy. That sums it up perfectly.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
That audio is pretty depressing. Jerry actually thinks because they game came down to the last possession that it is an exciting game and that fans enjoyed it.

I guess he is more interested in entertaining the non Cowboys fans than he is the rest of us, cause Im tired of watching this circus.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Your post is a perfect example of illiteracy at its worst, and a generation of brainless, spoiled Cowboys fans who play too much Madden. Go sit down on the couch; you're done here crybaby.

Your argument about spoiled Cowboy fans is curious. It would appear all fans want the best from their team. Especially fans who post on message boards, since that requires time spent writing and reading about the team and the opinions of those who also consider themselves fans of the team.

And more to the point, I suspect the ones who actually do spend time on message boards are the more fervent of fans since the great majority of casual fans do not "waste" their time posting or debating the team.

That means the entire message board world that follows the NFL are filled with fans who are alike to a greater degree because they wish to spend - waste their time talking about the sport and their team.

So with that in mind, it would be safe to say the fans here are like fans on every message board that supports the team they follow. And while you might find boards that have fans who are less enthusiastic about their team's chances, or future - due largely to the fact of the history of the team, ie. Philadelphia Eagles - you might also say the fans of the rich storied franchises have higher expectations.

Philly fans = easily bail out because of past history and lower expectations

Dallas fans = hold fast with higher expectations from past success

If you ever drifted over to a San Francisco 49er board during their last sting of losing, you would find they are quite like the fans here.

Steeler fans are the same.

They have expectations of their team functioning at a high level because the team has demonstrated a proficiency at playing at or near the top of the league in the past.

So your example of Buffalo fans and your almost glee in telling off a fan of this team by setting expectations of mediocrity appears to be more based on your acceptance of 8-8 and the anger built up in you at fans who assault what surely is your acceptance of this strata of the NFL the Cowboys have found themselves in for the last sixteen or seventeen years.

I buy the products sold during the commercials of the games this team plays. I have purchased Cowboy sports apparel and paraphernalia. At some point I will attend a game at the Death Star. In the past I have purchased season tickets for Texas Stadium. So I have made a financial commitment to this team, thus giving me the right to express my displeasure in the results they offer.

I do so here.

I see your position as apathy. You don't get angry, you hope things will work out and when they don't you turn your frustration on those who speak out instead of directing it toward the people who cause the problems.

Apathy is so much worse than anger.

I think an apt description of apathy is giving up.

I still like the team - love really. Follow the team. Read all the news about the team and record the NFL shows and fast forward to the team's segments on both ESPN and the NFLN. I cuss the results, I make fan noises about how I would fix it, which is simply a way of venting.

However, you hope for the best, and when you get the results you then accept it because we could be fans of Buffalo. You quit on the team by doing so, then vent at other fans that don't take your position.

I'd rather be a raving maniac about this team than someone eaten alive by apathy.

I do hope my writing skills met with your approval.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, he's down to the last straw in the justification/excuse barrel, if we lose the last 2 games no doubt we get a big name coach and at least that's a start.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
nothing you or i say change the decisions by the GM, the decisions by the coaching staff, or the play by the players

so, if that is the only reason, why do you post anything on the board?

people come here to voice their opinion and discuss things with other fans, not becasue they think jerry or the coaches or players will change anything

How astute... No kidding really?
I post on this board when I have an opinion.. I assume like you.. I didn't post my point / opinion that you so eloquently quoted and twisted out of context .. As a direct reasoning for the op to not post his/her opinion.. I was simply pointing out that some tend to argue.. Attack other fans posts , twisting them (ie as you did)
And overall seem to stress themselves out when all of the griping in the world won't improve our beloved teams current direction .... I'm not implying that the op is .. Or you are.. I am simply stating MY Personal opinion .. But hey I shouldn't do that .. Oh wait or should I ?? YOU tell me ..

mahoneybill

Reaction score
en·ter·tain·ment
2. something affording pleasure, diversion, or amusement, especially a performance of some kind:

If Jerry thinks a bunch of pissed off hardcore Cowboy fans were 'Entertained' last Sunday, he needs to look up 'Dellusional'

And stop drinking that " secret sauce" :):)

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Not a chance...the teams in 31 other cities love the circus in Dallas

So true. Especially anyone in the NFC East this year. Other than the Eagles the Skins, and Giants are shells of recent year teams, but even they love to see the dysfunction on the 2013
version of the Cowboys

The Dallas1575

Reaction score
I wont buy another Cowboys item or ticket until Jerry steps down...like that will even make a dent