Jerry Jones was just on the fan he said what i have suspected *Audio Post #84*

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
it is a sad state of affairs that cowboy fans endure with this egomaniac at the helm...entertainment? come sit at my desk living in NE Penna every time we lose...EVERY eagles, giants, steelers, jets and NOW packers fans know where I sit and they make a point to come and find me....THAT is not entertainment to me, but it sure is to the Jones family

Maybe you should be just like Jerry Jones and enjoy the pain.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Even Al Dit vis would tell anyone, the fans included, that winning was all it was about when everything was said and done.

Al Davis: Just Win, baby.

Jerry Jones: Winning is important. *

* - as long as it comes my way

“I would grant you the decisions that have been made over the years have not produced a Super Bowl, two Super Bowls or three Super Bowls that I would like to have been a part of. And the only thing I am going to do there is keep trying and then make sure I get the credit when we do get that one. Y’all are going to give it to me, aren’t you?" - 2/25/13

Man I forgot all about that quote, that pretty much sums it up right there.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Good god.

Friday I heard Stephen on with Ben and skin. He was barely paying attention to them and was apparently at a party or something. His answers were just as bad and he was laughing and stuff.

These are the two most important people in the organization and they are not hurting like the fans are, they seemed content that most of the team stinks and there new game is apparently to throw the best players under the bus for Not picking up all the slack there terrible decisions have produced.

I cant believe I am saying this but I hope we get beat by 50 each of the next two weeks, the only bad thing is that people will blame romo and say cut ware and no one will talk about the real issue.

How in the world can the gm of a team that just had a historic loss go on the radio and say howabout that show. He should have been so sick and so busy scouting players to help and future coaches that he shouldn't have time to to sleep let alone go n the radio. Fun part is he does the radio thing Tuesday, Thursday shoots special edition and Friday does another radio Interview.

I hate this damn family. We are run by the kardashians.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
You give it up. You created some thread to stir up some drama that isn't there. you and the fan are just alike. You have no audience so you drum up something to hype yourself up. And furthermore saying he said winning is secondary is completely false.

How can you defend what he said? I understand he didn't exactly say winning is secondary but he DID say this past game was entertaining and that's why fans will keep coming. I can assure you as a lifelong Cowboy fan that watching one of the most monumental collapses was not entertaining on the least. How can wanting to destroy your TV set after watching an "entertaining" game be considered entertainment?

I understand he probably means as a national viewer but that's also where he doesn't "get it" and why our stadium has so many fans of opposing teams.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
No you changed your AV because you are the worst type of fan.

I have to admit that after the Cowboys are put out of their misery (and ours) that I'll be rooting for the Seahawks and DFW's best QB Russell Wilson.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
if he really said that then this is the first time I question being a fan of this team.

visionary

Reaction score
These are the two most important people in the organization and they are not hurting like the fans are, they seemed content that most of the team stinks

How in the world can the gm of a team that just had a historic loss go on the radio and say howabout that show.

I hate this damn family. We are run by the kardashians.

quoted for truth

and to think that there are still people on this board that think that jerry, stephen, and jason are doing a good enough job

you cant make this stuff up

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
How are there not a million threads about this? This is basically him sticking the middle finger in our faces

When asked by KRLD/105.3 FM “The Fan” whether he worries about fan apathy, Jones said, “Not with games like the other day. That’s, you know, that’s a show, if you want to look at it that way. That’s not what we’re there to do. We’re there to win the ballgame and go forward and win the next ballgame.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/12/17/5427156/jerry-jones-says-show-business.html#storylink=cpy

visionary

Reaction score
All you did was make up your own magical level of futility. Ask a Bills fan what it's like to miss the playoffs for the last 14 years.... the Cowboys aren't even close to any of the longest suffering fan bases. There is nothing special about this franchise, the fans, or the owner and all of these talks of "movements" to enact "change" because we can't bear to be 8-8 are a joke. We're not special fans and we don't deserve anything.

this post is a perfect example of what i was talking about in my post above

still fans on this site (who clearly think they know football, funny i know) that think jerry , stephen, and jason are doing a good job

instead of focusing on the problems they are always willling to find an excuse for horrible decisions by the owner and coaches in this franchise

asinine but true

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
How are there not a million threads about this? This is basically him sticking the middle finger in our faces

When asked by KRLD/105.3 FM “The Fan” whether he worries about fan apathy, Jones said, “Not with games like the other day. That’s, you know, that’s a show, if you want to look at it that way. That’s not what we’re there to do. We’re there to win the ballgame and go forward and win the next ballgame.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/12/17/5427156/jerry-jones-says-show-business.html#storylink=cpy

Because we dîdnt need a million threads on this ... There is already one more and it's already in debate... Both threads kinda doing the same thing with op editorial being passed off as a part of the factual statement.. Plus most understand that Jerry is about entertainment and money and has been for years .. Of course he wants to win as that equals more money.. But he is still happy with relevance ...controversy and existence ., as so far that has equaled plenty of cash as well

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Not saying I agree with that idiotic logic as a fan... But all the yelling... Screaming and stomping wont change a dang thing ..,Jerry will do what he wants to..he brags about spending the most $$$ on an NFL team / product this year .. Nothing you or I say will change that ., as long as others buy tickets and merchandise (I haven't paid for a ticket or merchandise in years) he will continue

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The thread title and the quote in the OP don't match at all.

And Jerruh is right. We aren't apathetic fans...that might change if we were 2-12. I don't understand the "he's sticking the middle finger up to the fans" logic.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
The thread title and the quote in the OP don't match at all.

And Jerruh is right. We aren't apathetic fans...that might change if we were 2-12. I don't understand the "he's sticking the middle finger up to the fans" logic.

He believes were not apathetic because even when we lose we have seen such a great show, we just gotta keep coming back! woo !