Jerry Jones was just on the fan he said what i have suspected *Audio Post #84*

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This team has just enough talent and star power to stay relevant and play "exciting" games. That's all that matters to Jerry unfortunately. When the team was left with the likes of Campo, Hutchison, Quincy Carter and Hambrick and the national media largely forgot about the Cowboys - Jerry was forced to make a wise football move to go get Parcells. We're probably a few seasons away from that now if things continue as they have.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Well...so does the WWE to some people.

Yes, Jerry, we realize it's entertainment, but it's also primarily about winning.

And therein lies the problem. It is entertainment, but to many of us it's an escape from the realities of todays challenging world.

We want to have some inner feeling of satisfaction that OUR team is a winner, and very competitive. JJ has a right to protect his
investment but at the same time, fan loyalty is built on a sense that we are all in this together, not just to line the owners pockets or
ensure a larger return on investment

pastordug

Reaction score
Would someone PLEASE, IF we are out of the play-off picture when the last game comes, START A WALL-STREET type movement to boycott the game against the Eagles? I understand no everyone will go long but could you imagine if that Stadium was only HALF FULL? Do you think JJ would get the message?

mldardy

Reaction score
Give it up man. he said it, and now all hell is breaking loose.

You give it up. You created some thread to stir up some drama that isn't there. you and the fan are just alike. You have no audience so you drum up something to hype yourself up. And furthermore saying he said winning is secondary is completely false.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
He's destroying this franchise. And he's completely oblivious of it too.

He's such an egomaniac, that I wonder if he even realizes he's one of the worst GM's in sports history.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Would someone PLEASE, IF we are out of the play-off picture when the last game comes, START A WALL-STREET type movement to boycott the game against the Eagles? I understand no everyone will go long but could you imagine if that Stadium was only HALF FULL? Do you think JJ would get the message?
That would be a shame, but it's the only hope.what this man said this moring is unreal. im not shocked because it is what i have suspected for years. but i never thought he would admit it.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
He absolutely said that. And the Op is 100% right. That's why I changed my avi. The heck w this clown. How can anyone support this guy? It's silly.

To have so much invested and fully knowing that the main guy in charge doesn't give a darn about anything other than taking your money...

No thanks. Not anymore at least.

Screw me once.....shame on you

Screw me every year for 17 years..?

I think I get it now

So.. You change your avatar to more than likely the team that will be in the Super Bowl? Wow, how convenient..

Wonder how many Pats, Stealers, Saints, etc merchandise you have in the closet.

rbr651

Reaction score
The surprising thing to me is that everyone is surprised. Being that this is the second most valuable sports team worldwide, and that Jerry is a business man first and a football fan/owner/GM second it makes total sense. It's always been this way, it's just so happens that in the 90's we had the perfect mix of players, scrubs turned superstars brought in on the OL and superstars in the backfield. If anybody for a second thinks that JJ would rather this team win every game or pocket your money which do you think he chooses? You think he stumbled into a mountain of money and became rich? He will own this team until it is no longer profitable or he dies, and a franchise this size will always turn a large profit. So bail or stay, just stop crying, you know what we have and if you didn't then you're stupid.

rbr651

Reaction score
That would be a shame, but it's the only hope.what this man said this moring is unreal. im not shocked because it is what i have suspected for years. but i never thought he would admit it.

Exactly what I posted, the guy is a business man out to make a buck, I'm just suprised that it wasn't more apparent to others.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You guys needed to actually HEAR him say that to realize what this is? And it should scare the heck out of you that he is dumb enough , old, senile (pick one) to admit it!

Kalyan

Reaction score
Its all about taking a stand as a fan and hitting him where it hurts most. I will not spend a penny on cowboys related stuff untill Jerry steps down as GM. This is my stand, If it takes 5 - 10 years, so be it