Jerry Jones was just on the fan he said what i have suspected *Audio Post #84*

bounce

Reaction score
He's destroying this franchise. And he's completely oblivious of it too.

He's such an egomaniac, that I wonder if he even realizes he's one of the worst GM's in sports history.

He's not oblivious, he doesn't care. He's still making money hand over fist, so as a business person, he's ok with it. He can have his cake and eat it, too. What gets me is, as a business person, how come he doesn't understand that the team worth would skyrocket if they were actually good.

JBS

Reaction score
Some people will criticize you but i won't.....totally your choice man. I wish I could switch teams, but I can't. Just can't bring my dysfunctional self to do it. I'm a CUBS fan too. (I know....I KNOW)

The Cowboys use to be my salvation. I always have my college team, however. (MSU is in the Rose Bowl this year and I'm going)

It's not easy. And I haven't even switched yet. It's a process

No...seriously...it's definitely a process. You can't just turn the switch off.

But just as YR is saying. If winning is secondary for this franchise-how can you not take your passion elsewhere?

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
Some people will criticize you but i won't.....totally your choice man. I wish I could switch teams, but I can't. Just can't bring my dysfunctional self to do it. I'm a CUBS fan too. (I know....I KNOW)

The Cowboys use to be my salvation. I always have my college team, however. (MSU is in the Rose Bowl this year and I'm going)

Steve Bartman and now Jerry Jones smh

movaughn88

Reaction score
I've always known he thinks this, so I'm not surprised he said it. I don't think he would ever think or believe winning is secondary however. Partly because I think he's competitive and wants to be "right" as a winning GM in football.

But mostly, guys don't lose sight of the fact that winning = $$$$. It's one and the same from an owner's perspective. The fans don't get both sides of that equation however.

durrrr

Reaction score
People are mistaking Jerry being bad at his job and wanting to do it HIS WAY with Jerry caring more about making money than winning.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Jerry is right. That stadium will remain full, people at home will keep watching, and the Cowboys will remain the most valuable NFL team.

You will keep watching and posting as well.

egn22

Reaction score
Jay Ratliff deserves an apology for being judged on his reasons for wanting to leave an owner who isn't committing to winning.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
He's not oblivious, he doesn't care. He's still making money hand over fist, so as a business person, he's ok with it. He can have his cake and eat it, too. What gets me is, as a business person, how come he doesn't understand that the team worth would skyrocket if they were actually good.

Exactly. How much more money would he make if the team actually made deep playoff runs every year?

Ender

Reaction score
That even if the Cowboys are losing, there is no reason for fans to stop coming to his show at AT&T stadium.says it's still great entertainment. folks every time i hear this man talk, it scares the hell out of me even more.this is to the point of no return cowboys fans. this man as R.J. Choppy said, just admitted that winning is secondary to the show and entertainment. this is unreal that he would admit it on the air. GOOD GRIEF. you people who care about winning and seeing the cowboys being good again. should not buy another ticket until this man changes. he's making a fool out of you.this is just sad.

Thats why i dont watch games anymore.... Shrug life...

Aurican

Reaction score
I haven't heard the entire thing - I don't think the podcast is up yet. But I don't think he said the exact words that winning is secondary.

The part they keep playing, and what I think people are referring to, is that the hosts asked him if he was worried about losing fan support or fan interest from repeated crushing losses like happened Sunday, and he said not at all, because losses like that are such a great show.

So he may not have said the exact words that winning is secondary, but the effect is the same: It's more about interest and excitement than it is about winning.

Exactly he thinks the team getting humiliated and losing is part of a great show

tecolote

Reaction score
I think that asked him about apathy and he said 'not after last weeks show', meaning his radio show and all the calls they got.

munkee

Reaction score
That even if the Cowboys are losing, there is no reason for fans to stop coming to his show at AT&T stadium.says it's still great entertainment. folks every time i hear this man talk, it scares the hell out of me even more.this is to the point of no return cowboys fans. this man as R.J. Choppy said, just admitted that winning is secondary to the show and entertainment. this is unreal that he would admit it on the air. GOOD GRIEF. you people who care about winning and seeing the cowboys being good again. should not buy another ticket until this man changes. he's making a fool out of you.this is just sad.

I loathe Jerry Jones as a GM as much as the next person, but what do you want him to say here? "My teams stinks. Don't come to the games". That is money out of his pocket.

He has to run a business and any business man is going to keep things on the bright side.

Reaction score
[quotethe fake jerry Jones or the real?owboyblue22, post: 5361540, member: 15730"]we have all known this tobe a fact already money and talking is all he cares about[/quote]

Is it yhe

rbr651

Reaction score
It's not easy. And I haven't even switched yet. It's a process

No...seriously...it's definitely a process. You can't just turn the switch off.

But just as YR is saying. If winning is secondary for this franchise-how can you not take your passion elsewhere?

Have fun with Seattle, my dad married a lady from Olympia, Seattle fans are the biggest bandwagon fans ever to fill a stadium. I went to Seahawks/Cowboys when they played in Huskies stadium and they wouldn't have filled half the stadium. So in 2 years when they are back to sucking balls and still have no championships for their city you'll be off to find another team. Not to mention their total lack of knowledge of the game, hell they're all soccer converts. I'd rather be homeless in Mexico City then live in the disgusting city of Seattle.

slomoxn

Reaction score
On Mike and Mike this morning Randy Galloway said basically the same thing. Jerry the owner will never fire jerry the GM because nothing is wrong except they are not winning. Two decades and the only constant is Jerry Jones but he just sold out the stadium at 91000 people, selling 18 dollar margaritas with the cheap tequila, selling panties, and something else, it is a circus at the stadium and Jerry is making money. Dallas will never see any changes until the money stops. That is not all he said but I'm sure I'll never see another super bowl as long as Jerry is around.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I can live with a person that tries and winning is the #1 priority and they can't get the job done. But I can't live with somebody that states that winning is secondary. I've been thru that before when Syracuse treated winning as secondary in their football program and it was too painful and too insulting to deal with that time. I'm not going to deal with it, again.

YR

What? Did Syracuse have the audacity to think they were an educational institution first and not a football factory?

Dodger12

Reaction score
You guys are a trip. A real trip. Did he say it or didn't he? Does it matter if he said the exact words (ie: "winning is secondary")? At the end of the day it's all semantics and the man gave you a glimpse inside his decrepit mind and delusional thought process. The fact that Jerry believes fans will come to the "show" because it's "entertaining" is all I need to hear about where his head is at. What NFL GM says that? He's telling you that entertainment is first and winning is second. He's the Vince McMahon of the NFL.

And think of what this thought process does on draft day. The "Big Uglies"? Sorry, not entertaining enough. CB's, WR's, TE's....flash baby....flash......Trade up, trade down, trade draft picks. It doesn't matter because he's a wildcatter and it's exciting and leaves the fan base talking. He's not building a team. He has no vision to build a team nor a concept of how to do it because he never has. He's building a marketable product because there are fans that have accepted that way of doing businesses and defend him until their last breath. He's a pathetic joke and we disrespect Al Davis by even comparing Jerry to the man in black.