Jerry Jones was just on the fan he said what i have suspected *Audio Post #84*

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You guys needed to actually HEAR him say that to realize what this is? And it should scare the heck out of you that he is dumb enough , old, senile (pick one) to admit it!

Was the Chicago game exciting also?

How about the curb stomp the Saints gave us............that was really exciting sitting there wondering if the Saints were going to get to 40 first downs or not...............very exciting..............LOL

Reactions: JBS

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Exactly what I posted, the guy is a business man out to make a buck, I'm just suprised that it wasn't more apparent to others.

I've always said that he isn't using the same scorecard we fans are. We care about wins, he cares about money. And he's got by far the most valuable franchise that generates by far the most cash flow of any team in the NFL. By his standards he's doing an amazing job as an owner and GM.

JBS

Reaction score
So.. You change your avatar to more than likely the team that will be in the Super Bowl? Wow, how convenient..

Wonder how many Pats, Stealers, Saints, etc merchandise you have in the closet.

Tons

JBS

Reaction score
Was the Chicago game exciting also?

How about the curb stomp the Saints gave us............that was really exciting sitting there wondering if the Saints were going to get to 40 first downs or not...............very exciting..............LOL

Truth be told, I was actually very interested to see if the bears would be able to score on every possession they had. That one stupid kneel down ruined it! It was so close, lol

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I hate to say it but a Washington loss and Philly win this next week may be the only thing to shake things up at all. Long shot but embarrassment has to happen. I won't be cheering for it but it may have to happen. The man is a mess. I was encouraged that the media beat up on Garrett yesterday and that Jerry is taking some. We need upheaval.

Last edited:

cml750

Reaction score
I'll tell you if there are not MAJOR changes this offseason, which I believe will start by next Sunday night, I will not watch one game next year. People that think that is crazy, good for you, you are more grounded than me and it is just a game for you or a hobby. It literally ruins my week and makes me sick. Maybe it is easier when you aren't surrounded by NY and Philly fans on a daily basis, but it is not easy when you are.

I am sure New York an Philly fans love Jason Garrett.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Truth be told, I was actually very interested to see if the bears would be able to score on every possession they had. That one stupid kneel down ruined it! It was so close, lol

Its like, lets see if the Saints can get to 40 first downs or not........they are 2 short and they are getting the ball back.......everybody stay glued to your seats..........exciting finish coming up.

Following week.............can the Bears score on every possession...............this is going to be close folks, dont change that dial............exciting finish coming up.

Following week............can the Packers over come an 18 TD deficit and win the game by 1 point...................you dont want to miss this folks................on of the biggest comebacks of all time is happening right now..........doest get more exciting than this.

Jerry is sitting there saying, "hell yea this is exciting"......................LOL.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It's being reported by EVERY beat writer in the dfw

Which means nothing.

Don't get me wrong, if he did actually say that then I'm gone. I will be done with this team and I will stop posting here immediately. I don't root for teams where winning is secondary. If he said, then I'm done. If it was editorializing, then that's another thing.

YR

JBS

Reaction score
Which means nothing.

Don't get me wrong, if he did actually say that then I'm gone. I will be done with this team and I will stop posting here immediately. I don't root for teams where winning is secondary. If he said, then I'm done. If it was editorializing, then that's another thing.

YR

Sounds like you better go give it a listen for yourself

rcaldw

Reaction score
What amazes me is that you guys look to Jerry to FIX something. You do realize that HE is the problem, don't you? I hope you aren't so clueless as to think that the guy you are railing against is your savior. Until Jerry dies or hands it over to his son (which may be no improvement), these are your Dallas Cowboys.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Sounds like you better go give it a listen for yourself

I don't have audio on this computer. I would like to hear the audio when I get home. If he said it, then I'm done. He's lost me as a fan, likely forever. I don't root for teams where winning is secondary. And I will take my money, time, effort and passion elsewhere.

Post a link of the audio and I can listen to it on my phone.

Otherwise, we are hearing the same thing from the same people that tried to claim that T.O. tried to commit suicide, that claimed Keith Davis died, that the Cowboys plane was held up waiting for late players and whatever nonsense they've spit over the years. So even if he did say it and I'm gone, it still doesn't take away from the fact that you can't trust the media when it comes to the Cowboys. They are more apt to lie than they are to tell the exact truth.

YR

Gadfly22

Reaction score
I've always said that he isn't using the same scorecard we fans are. We care about wins, he cares about money. And he's got by far the most valuable franchise that generates by far the most cash flow of any team in the NFL. By his standards he's doing an amazing job as an owner and GM.

This is exactly right. Jerry would like some glory, but he really wants money -- simply because he's much more a businessman than a football guy, and money is his primary measure of success. I realize the NFL is a business (a tax-exempt business), and owning a team requires business acumen. But some owners -- Kraft, the Maras, the Rooneys and others -- are able to balance business success and football success. Jerry doesn't seem blessed with that talent.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
What amazes me is that you guys look to Jerry to FIX something. You do realize that HE is the problem, don't you? I hope you aren't so clueless as to think that the guy you are railing against is your savior. Until Jerry dies or hands it over to his son (which may be no improvement), these are your Dallas Cowboys.

I can live with a person that tries and winning is the #1 priority and they can't get the job done. But I can't live with somebody that states that winning is secondary. I've been thru that before when Syracuse treated winning as secondary in their football program and it was too painful and too insulting to deal with that time. I'm not going to deal with it, again.

YR

newlander

Reaction score
That even if the Cowboys are losing, there is no reason for fans to stop coming to his show at AT&T stadium.says it's still great entertainment. folks every time i hear this man talk, it scares the hell out of me even more.this is to the point of no return cowboys fans. this man as R.J. Choppy said, just admitted that winning is secondary to the show and entertainment. this is unreal that he would admit it on the air. GOOD GRIEF. you people who care about winning and seeing the cowboys being good again. should not buy another ticket until this man changes. he's making a fool out of you.this is just sad.

AMEN BRO.........................A-MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

durrrr

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard the interview on my drive into work this morning, and this entire thread is blowing what he said out of proportion. He NEVER said winning was secondary, and anyone that actually believes he feels that way is a fool. (Don't get me wrong, he wants to win HIS WAY)

IIRC the question was about fans becoming apathetic, to which his response was that they were still putting on a good show, or something to that effect.

newlander

Reaction score
He absolutely said that. And the Op is 100% right. That's why I changed my avi. The heck w this clown. How can anyone support this guy? It's silly.

To have so much invested and fully knowing that the main guy in charge doesn't give a darn about anything other than taking your money...

No thanks. Not anymore at least.

Screw me once.....shame on you

Screw me every year for 17 years..?

I think I get it now

Some people will criticize you but i won't.....totally your choice man. I wish I could switch teams, but I can't. Just can't bring my dysfunctional self to do it. I'm a CUBS fan too. (I know....I KNOW)

The Cowboys use to be my salvation. I always have my college team, however. (MSU is in the Rose Bowl this year and I'm going)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't have audio on this computer. I would like to hear the audio when I get home. If he said it, then I'm done. He's lost me as a fan, likely forever. I don't root for teams where winning is secondary. And I will take my money, time, effort and passion elsewhere.

Post a link of the audio and I can listen to it on my phone.

Otherwise, we are hearing the same thing from the same people that tried to claim that T.O. tried to commit suicide, that claimed Keith Davis died, that the Cowboys plane was held up waiting for late players and whatever nonsense they've spit over the years. So even if he did say it and I'm gone, it still doesn't take away from the fact that you can't trust the media when it comes to the Cowboys. They are more apt to lie than they are to tell the exact truth.
I haven't heard the entire thing - I don't think the podcast is up yet. But I don't think he said the exact words that winning is secondary.

The part they keep playing, and what I think people are referring to, is that the hosts asked him if he was worried about losing fan support or fan interest from repeated crushing losses like happened Sunday, and he said not at all, because losses like that are such a great show.

So he may not have said the exact words that winning is secondary, but the effect is the same: It's more about interest and excitement than it is about winning.

tecolote

Reaction score
Jerry absolutely cares about winning. I don't think for one second he is doing this just for the money. I would bet we have been in the top 5 as far as highest payroll each year since he bought the team.

Now as to how he spends that money, that's another story.