Jerry Jones when asked why not put Jimmy Johnson in the Ring of Honor

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"...And don't just put in it the greatest players or the greatest coaches. Put in the ones who make the greatest contribution to the franchise and help build and are cornerstones of the franchise."

Straight from Tex Schramm's mouth!
Now that is an exceptionally extreme rationalization attempt.
NBfbB6o.gif

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
As soon as the cowboys won another Superbowl he'll put Jimmy in, that way Jerry can hold his head high...
I doubt it. Jimmy backbit Jerry for over a year after he took credit for the Everett trade. Yes Jerry clapped back a few months before he fired him and yes Jerry is an egomaniac but if Jerry hasn't been able to forgive him for this long I just do not see it happening.

Jimmy certainly has not been seeking forgiveness.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Now that is an exceptionally extreme rationalization attempt.
NBfbB6o.gif
No, you again to attempt to change my stated words. That is an insult and so noted.

Hands tearing apart contract

That's what Jimmy DID...

This is yours...

insult insulted insults cartoon with police and the caption Next thing we knew, he started subjecting us to all this harsh, unfair criticism. by David Sipress

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you again to attempt to change my stated words. That is an insult and so noted.

Hands tearing apart contract

That's what Jimmy DID...

This is yours...

insult insulted insults cartoon with police and the caption Next thing we knew, he started subjecting us to all this harsh, unfair criticism. by David Sipress

oh no. Breaking a solemn contract erases Super Bowls XXVII and XXVIII.

Well. You cannot induct someone into the Ring who did not accomplish anything. Good old Tex Schramm. Right again.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Well. You cannot induct someone into the Ring who did not accomplish anything. Good old Tex Schramm. Right again.
A two year old, MIGHT, buy that as a valid rationalization.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Tex was talking integrity, not praise as do you here.

And the continual use of you instead of principal discussed instead points directly to insult...and none of that was close to any references by myself.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A two year old, MIGHT, buy that as a valid rationalization.
Well, there are two-year olds with better personalities than Jones when it comes to holding personal grudges. Some even get beyond theirs before reaching kindergarten.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You really think that, don't you?
Yes, you doubt his integrity after all he had lead, experienced, and seen also with Jerry himself?

It would really be foolish to think otherwise concerning his path as well as Jerry's own. They journeyed on their own. Those two were successful together as well, for a much longer period of time...and the clincher, both were successful as well as personally involved for a much, much, longer period of time. Fact.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, you doubt his integrity after all he had lead, experienced, and seen also with Jerry himself?
As far as integrity is concerned, all anyone can go by are the words someone states and their actions based on those words. And speaking specifically about integrity and Jones application of it while associating it with Tex Schramm's supposed advice to him, there's this from nearly two years ago:

* Clip length: 1 minute 33 seconds

Note to members: YouTube threw up a copyright notice :rolleyes: when I uploaded the clip, so it may be necessary to view it on YouTube at a future point. Also, the entire FOX segment can be viewed by clicking here.

CCBoy

Reaction score
As far as integrity is concerned, all anyone can go by are the words someone states and their actions based on those words. And speaking specifically about integrity and Jones application of it while associating it with Tex Schramm's supposed advice to him, there's this from nearly two years ago:

* Clip length: 1 minute 33 seconds

Note to members: YouTube threw up a copyright notice :rolleyes: when I uploaded the clip, so it may be necessary to view it on YouTube at a future point. Also, the entire FOX segment can be viewed by clicking here.

While I'm alive?

I'll just retire the inflamed stance with the interview at the entrance to the Hall ceremony by NFL Channel coverage. Jerry was not kicking dirt on Jimmy...the drama is outside agitated now.

The whole group to include Terry Bradshaw were respectable....no agitation is needed now. Jerry has to at some point come clean on his word. Jerry holds true to his word that involves integrity. Stand up all players that don't respect Jerry Jones for his support of those players while with the Cowboys.

Come back to earth a little here...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Does JJ even know who that is?
On October 25, 1964, Stautner became the first player to have his number (70) formally retired by the Steelers. He was elected to the Steelers 50th anniversary team in 1982 and posthumously by the Pittsburgh Steeler fans to the Steelers 75th Anniversary All-Time Team in November 2007. He was inducted into the inaugural class of the Steelers' Hall of Honor in 2017.[5]

On September 13, 1969, Stautner was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility.

From 1966 to 1988, he was an assistant coach with the Dallas Cowboys, and served as the team's defensive coordinator from 1973 to 1988. He was instrumental in the development of defensive players such as Randy White and Ed "Too Tall" Jones. He also contributed to the emergence of the team's famed "Doomsday" and "Doomsday II" defenses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Stautner

He was under the influence of Tom Landry as a coach...and was replaced by a trio of coaches by Jimmy Johnson. Points? Complaining abstractly.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
On October 25, 1964, Stautner became the first player to have his number (70) formally retired by the Steelers. He was elected to the Steelers 50th anniversary team in 1982 and posthumously by the Pittsburgh Steeler fans to the Steelers 75th Anniversary All-Time Team in November 2007. He was inducted into the inaugural class of the Steelers' Hall of Honor in 2017.[5]

On September 13, 1969, Stautner was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility.

From 1966 to 1988, he was an assistant coach with the Dallas Cowboys, and served as the team's defensive coordinator from 1973 to 1988. He was instrumental in the development of defensive players such as Randy White and Ed "Too Tall" Jones. He also contributed to the emergence of the team's famed "Doomsday" and "Doomsday II" defenses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Stautner

He was under the influence of Tom Landry as a coach...and was replaced by a trio of coaches by Jimmy Johnson. Points? Complaining abstractly.
I was being facetious :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll just retire the inflamed stance with the interview at the entrance to the Hall ceremony by NFL Channel coverage. Jerry was not kicking dirt on Jimmy...the drama is outside agitated now.
I could not locate that video unfortunately. Based on your post, my assumption is Jerry Jones was being broadcasted on NFL Network ("NFL Channel"???) speaking of Jimmy Johnson.

Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremonies are the ultimate honor and tributes to players, coaches and contributors. Typically, no one 'kicks dirt' on an honoree while they are actually being enshrined.

Not sure how the observation tracks logically. The Board of Selectors validate an individual's worthiness for induction into the Hall, in this instance Johnson. So, someone will 'kick dirt' on the person being inducted on national television? Would that public commentary not run counter to the validation of the Hall of Fame decision makers?

How would 'kicking dirt' make the individual kicking dirt look in front of a camera? Would not such a public diss make the individual look petty? Would it not make the individual's decision questionably for not honoring the exact same person being honored with Hall of Fame enshrinement?

Jones has been in the public spotlight for over three decades. What you alluded to would be an atypically public action on his part, unless he had been intoxicated of course.

Now, typical Jerry Jones public commentary can be viewed and heard in the videos I have posted. Where Jones' peers (i.e. Terry Bradshaw, etc.) or local television anchors questioned him about Johnson's possible induction into the Ring. Where he goes on the record by either dodging or never corroborating what he said he would do about Johnson's Ring induction.

That's Jerry Jones. Sure. He does not kick dirt into your face publicly. He is the individual with complete autonomy to take action but does not do so even after he says he will. It is not the same thing as kicking dirt at you in front of a camera (or microphone) but it gets the job done.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I could not locate that video unfortunately. Based on your post, my assumption is Jerry Jones was being broadcasted on NFL Network ("NFL Channel"???) speaking of Jimmy Johnson.

Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremonies are the ultimate honor and tributes to players, coaches and contributors. Typically, no one 'kicks dirt' on an honoree while they are actually being enshrined.

Not sure how the observation tracks logically. The Board of Selectors validate an individual's worthiness for induction into the Hall, in this instance Johnson. So, someone will 'kick dirt' on the person being inducted on national television? Would that public commentary not run counter to the validation of the Hall of Fame decision makers?

How would 'kicking dirt' make the individual kicking dirt look in front of a camera? Would not such a public diss make the individual look petty? Would it not make the individual's decision questionably for not honoring the exact same person being honored with Hall of Fame enshrinement?

Jones has been in the public spotlight for over three decades. What you alluded to would be an atypically public action on his part, unless he had been intoxicated of course.

Now, typical Jerry Jones public commentary can be viewed and heard in the videos I have posted. Where Jones' peers (i.e. Terry Bradshaw, etc.) or local television anchors questioned him about Johnson's possible induction into the Ring. Where he goes on the record by either dodging or never corroborating what he said he would do about Johnson's Ring induction.

That's Jerry Jones. Sure. He does not kick dirt into your face publicly. He is the individual with complete autonomy to take action but does not do so even after he says he will. It is not the same thing as kicking dirt at you in front of a camera (or microphone) but it gets the job done.
The analysis was properly presented and with no changes, to include honestly...unlike presented 'justifications' completely biased and almost to the last cause disproved by posted and legitimate sources. Some really prefer to have bias whether correct or true either. Just partial truths backed by stereotype that never rises beyond that or realism to valid discussion. That does not exist here...