Jerry Jones won't make major overhaul: Cowboys 'closer than this record indicates'

ghst187

Reaction score
I would say the player roster doesn't need an overhaul at all, just a few more playmakers on offense and in the secondary. It's the coaching staff that needs overhauled starting at the top

visionary

Reaction score
I don't get what he said that was so wrong? He said the coaches need to better, I think we all agree. He said the QB for both short and long term needs to be addressed and it will, I think we all agree. He said the run game and OL was pretty good, again, I agree, especially since Dmac was named the starter and got the bulk of the carries and to think he wouldn't have more yard if both a healthy Romo and Dez were playin every game is just silly, of course he would have. So he is right about Dmac. What is so delusional.. I agree, we are alot closer to going to a SB than most 4-11 teams I have seen.

I don't think that even these emoticon does justice to your post but they're a start.:banghead::facepalm:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
After a Cowboys season that began with Super Bowl hopes ends with double-digit losses, many would expect Jerry Jones to be make significant offseason changes.

But the Cowboys owner and general manager said the opposite Tuesday morning.

Why?

Jones believes this team is much closer to the Super Bowl than its 4-11 record indicates. He noted that there will be the regular changes that occur every NFL offseason, free agents leave, free agents are added and a new batch of draft picks are selected.

But don't expect a major roster overhaul.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...e-change-changes-sake-closer-record-indicates

Translation: Please move along and continue to give me your money. There's nothing to see here. We are good.
07-minister.jpg

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Jerry is delusional, Even if Romo wouldn't have got hurt this year, I don't see anyway with this roster, that we could have beat Arizona. possible division champioship at best.

Healthy Romo and I have no doubt we win the division. We would have won it going away, IMO.

Now would we have been able to beat the Cards or the Panthers in the playoffs? I don't know. That might not have happened.

But with a healthy Romo he would have at least gotten us the division title and a shot in the playoffs.

But he would have done so again in spite of the coaching that does nothing to help him, or this team, out in any way.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Is he wrong?

Does the roster need total overhaul? I guess it depends on how people define "overhaul"?

I hear overhaul and I think total roster breakdown. This team doesn't need to do that.

No but it will need at LEAST three new starters on defense (DT,FS,SS)

and will need at least 2 new starters on offense (WR2, RT)- and that's if you think McFadden is good enough (I personally do not)- and a GOOD QB draftpick.

Can you fill 5 needs in one draft and offseason? An NFL team is like a high performance automobile. You think everything is perfect, and then you realize it needs constant maintenance to maintain performance, because as soon as you think it's fixed- something else breaks.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
"I think the thing that motivates me to address it, both short and long term, [is] Romo's relatively short -- three to five [years left] -- and then long term with a prospect that might be a future, is the fact that we're close. You can operate in pretty good in this territory."

This senile delusional fool is still sticking to that three to five year nonsense.

I guess it will take Romo's collarbone and back to explode in his face before he admits that his time is fleeting.

Randy White

Reaction score
I agree with Jerrah... The team is closer to the SB than they are to the current 4-11 ( 4-12 ? ) record they're going to have this year. What they can't do is get complacent. They need to approach this upcoming off season with more urgency than the did this year's off season. I think this past off-season they approached it with a little more arrogance and short slightness than it was called for. They failed to make up ( coaching, talent acquisition, talent evaluation, talent development ) for scenarios where the primary star players were not available at different points of the season. I want to believe they've learned that lesson and will adjust their overall strategy.