Jerry Jones won't make major overhaul: Cowboys 'closer than this record indicates'

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Jerry is all about it... Candy and Nuts.

IF Houston can find a way to win with Weeden ... BUT why couldn't Dallas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

robjay04

Reaction score
You missed robjay04's point; the difference in production is the QB.

You are right, though, in arguing the coaches did not adapt to the assets left on the field. Once it was apparent the QBs could not run the offense, revisions needed to be made. The WRs, average though they may be, were productive with Tony because he could make the throws. Without Tony, the averageness of the WRs (minus Dez) was exposed.

Thank you.

I fully agree the coaching staff deserves a lot of blame for just how bad this team has been this season BUT...if you lose a QB or any player for that regard that is absolutely essential to an offense, that can be the difference between an elite team and a team picking in the top 10. Cam Newton is absolutely essential to that offense, it is built around his talents perfectly...the same can be said about the Cowboy's offense and Romo. It is still on the coaches for not properly adjusting to squeeze out a few extra wins.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Well it is true, the team does have talent.

This is the NFL, teams have extreme shifts in standings all the time. The Commanders looked hopeless last season and now they are a playoff team. With this division, anything is possible.

Last year was obviously a fluke by now. Everything just clicked.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I don't think that even these emoticon does justice to your post but they're a start.:banghead::facepalm:

And what exactly did he say that"s wrong? I can put up little silly symbols but I don't see the point. This is a discussion board, which entails discussing topics, not put up mindless silly symbols. I am guessing you think only firing every coach is the answer. I don't agree with that.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this team has changed coaches players fo people and the constant is the gm he is nuts folks that Is where we stand its been 22 years. I am thoroughly convinced that until the gm is replaced we will continue in this ground hog dream we are in if he changes coaches and staff all he will do is bring in someone else that he can bully and is comfortable with. so its either follow or tune them out sad sad day for dallas cowboy fans.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
JJ changes with the weather. Ask him this question again in a week and he'll say the exact opposite.

His stance has never changed. Only voices that say this team needs to be broken up is fans and media who dont cover the Cowboys. Any fan who really follows this team or writer who covers this team exclusively has said this and has never once said the opposite.

A healthy romo in 2016 a tough yardage RB a CB and a S who can intimidate in the middle, and this team is back right in the mix of it.

Romo will be back in 2016
Drafting a guy like Henry or Perkins in round 2
This draft has alot of nice CBs
Drafting Jeremy Cash in round 3

The NFL has become so close that dallas is literally a total of 31 pts from being 11-4 instead of 4-11.

robjay04

Reaction score
Last year was obviously a fluke by now. Everything just clicked.

And this season is a fluke as well.

The team is 8-8...give or take 2 games. This will be my prediction for next season.

If everything clicks, we can be as good as last season. If the opposite happens and crippling injuries take over, you have this season. Still, the team is good enough to win this division and even this year...we have competed with everyone minus the Panthers and Patriots with some of the worst QB play in Cowboys history. The NFL is very close, many times a call or a few yards can decide who wins a game. We have seen it several times this year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His stance has never changed. Only voices that say this team needs to be broken up is fans and media who dont cover the Cowboys. Any fan who really follows this team or writer who covers this team exclusively has said this and has never once said the opposite.

A healthy romo in 2016 a tough yardage RB a CB and a S who can intimidate in the middle, and this team is back right in the mix of it.

Romo will be back in 2016
Drafting a guy like Henry or Perkins in round 2
This draft has alot of nice CBs
Drafting Jeremy Cash in round 3

The NFL has become so close that dallas is literally a total of 31 pts from being 11-4 instead of 4-11.

Yeah, that changes do not need to be gargantuan.

Better QB play, be it through Romo or someone else.
Better secondary play.
A turnover differential that isn't in negative numbers.

And you're looking at a playoff team in the NFC East.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The team is 8-8...give or take 2 games. This will be my prediction for next season.

If everything clicks, we can be as good as last season. If the opposite happens and crippling injuries take over, you have this season. Still, the team is good enough to win this division and even this year...we have competed with everyone minus the Panthers and Patriots with some of the worst QB play in Cowboys history. The NFL is very close, many times a call or a few yards can decide who wins a game. We have seen it several times this year.

You're right.

And most fail to see that.

They think there's some great chasm between the 12-4's of the world as compared to the 4-12's of the world... and there really isn't.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

May be good enough to win this crappy division but not even close to a sb team.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
In all honesty he is correct.

I understand that the great unwashed masses want the entire team and coaching staff strung-up, but that's an over-the-top-over-reaction.

Weeded was healthy, with the Cowboys for Off-Season/Training Camp and Dallas couldn't win with him. Houston had Brandon for less than a month and is winning with him.

This is a MAJOR indictment of ineptness for any NFL Coaching Staff, Jerry or any GM, or fan for that matter, failing to see this egregiousness, is yet another in a long list of fallacies.

Last edited:

coogrfan

Reaction score
"much closer to the Super Bowl than its 4-11 record indicates."

What a fun statement.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/Cowboys/GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-Vladimir-Putin-GIF_zpst4e0ytie.gif

robjay04

Reaction score
May be good enough to win this crappy division but not even close to a sb team.

If teams on the level of the Giants and Ravens have won a Superbowl over the last decade...I am sure we can manage it. I am sure fans of those teams felt the same at points during their own Superbowl season. It is all about getting to the tournament and seeing what happens.

We were a questionable call or fumble away from being the NFCCG WITH Garrett last season to play a team we beat earlier in the year. Anything can happen in this league if you make it to the tournament.