Twitter: Jerry Jones won't put Jimmy Johnson in Ring of Honor in 2020

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I figured it would not be this year, and can understand this from Jerry. So I bet it will be next year. Jerry and Jimmy may take a year to reflect and patch up any differences, if they still have any. Get it done next year.
On opening weekend when the play the Giants again. :laugh:

aria

Reaction score
Jerry wouldn’t look like such a bitter baby if he just admitted he doesn’t want Jimmy in the ROH instead of making excuses when everyone knows what’s going on. What an egotistical jerk.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like that he basically said he doesn't want to take away from the HoF induction by putting him in the RoH this year. I agree, it's better to wait until at least next year.

Too bad many do not want to understand this. They care more about having something to rag on Jerry or the team more than actually caring if Jimmy get in the ROH.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Frankly, it doesn't bother me one way or the other if Jimmy Johnson never gets into the Ring of Honor. The Hall is prestigious throughout football. The Ring is team oriented. So whatever Jerry does it won't tarnish John's legacy except in some small minds.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I like that he basically said he doesn't want to take away from the HoF induction by putting him in the RoH this year. I agree, it's better to wait until at least next year.
But he was ok calling a press conference in the middle of the season to do the exact same thing for Gil Brandt. Come on girlsgonwild u better than this

Last edited:

garyo1954

Reaction score
Good! Jimmy quit on the team. Everyone blames Jerry, but Jimmy's ego wouldn't allow him to share to glory with the guy writing the checks. How did Jimmy do in Miami? Lost 62-7 to the Jags in his last game! Lol

Some of that is true from everything I've read. Jimmy did grow tired of Jerry wanting to show him how to get things done. One writer claimed Jimmy made a habit of leaving Jerry in the care of Rich Dalrymple, if memory serves.

In 2014, Jones said the fact that Johnson was taking all the credit was an act of disloyalty.

“Disloyalty … I couldn’t handle the disloyalty,” Jones said at the time. “Whether it was right or not, by every measurement you can go, I had paid so many times a higher price to get to be there than he had paid, it was unbelievable.”

Johnson responded to that interview by calling Jones a “rich a$$hole.”

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some of that is true from everything I've read. Jimmy did grow tired of Jerry wanting to show him how to get things done. One writer claimed Jimmy made a habit of leaving Jerry in the care of Rich Dalrymple, if memory serves.

In 2014, Jones said the fact that Johnson was taking all the credit was an act of disloyalty.

“Disloyalty … I couldn’t handle the disloyalty,” Jones said at the time. “Whether it was right or not, by every measurement you can go, I had paid so many times a higher price to get to be there than he had paid, it was unbelievable.”

Johnson responded to that interview by calling Jones a “rich a$$hole.”
Lol!! He was and still is a rich a hole.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jimmy will have the distinction of being the only Cowboys coach or player in the Hall of Fame who’s not in the Cowboys ROH. Doubt you’ll find any coach or player that’s in the Hall of Fame who’s not also in their teams Hall of Fame.

cern

Reaction score
Who cares? HOF means a ton more and that absolutely should be the focus.
tru dat. after 25 years, waiting one more year won't bother jimmy. but at least jerry is now essentially on record as saying it's going to be done.