Jerry, Kraft, Mc Nair being deposed about Kaepernick

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Kaepernick threw 16 TDs vs 4 Interceptions last season for a 91 QB rating.

He also ran for 2 TDs.

I'd hardly call those "trash" stats, especially considering how poor the 49ers offensive players have been.

From a pure football perspective, I'd say he is talented enough to be QB2 or QB3 on nearly every team in the NFL.

@8FOR!3

He is what again? Lets stop hiding behind the REAL fact as to why he isn't playing. I stand behind my original post.

Vick murdered innocent dogs... My chick owns a rescue you will not convince me that he served his time.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
By some of the reactions here, it seems like some don't know what a deposition is...

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems like a pretty normal occurrence.

And unless the league actually colluded against Kaepernick, they have nothing to hide.

Collusion is cooperation or conspiracy between competitors to fix an outcome.

There's no crime if each individual owner says "no I don't want this guy on my team because of his actions".

It's only if certain owners pressured other owners into not taking a shot on the guy when they were supposed to be in competition.

I don't think that's happened here.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
from the link from OP:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Texans owner Bob McNair, amongst others, will be deposed and asked to turn over all cell phone records and emails in relation to the Colin Kaepernick collusion case against the NFL, a league source confirmed. Others owners, teams and league officials also will be deposed, but those individuals have been confirmed for now.

This seems idiotic to upset all of these owners, about one player.

Aren't these the three owners rumored to have been against Goodell's contract extension?

I believe you are correct, but I also believe Dan Snyder is part of the group as well.

EST_1986

Reaction score
By some of the reactions here, it seems like some don't know what a deposition is...

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems like a pretty normal occurrence.

And unless the league actually colluded against Kaepernick, they have nothing to hide.

Collusion is cooperation or conspiracy between competitors to fix an outcome.

There's no crime if each individual owner says "no I don't want this guy on my team because of his actions".

It's only if certain owners pressured other owners into not taking a shot on the guy when they were supposed to be in competition.

I don't think that's happened here.
As much as its clear collusion is happening there's very little chance he's going to be able to prove it

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
@8FOR!3

He is what again? Lets stop hiding behind the REAL fact as to why he isn't playing. I stand behind my original post.

Vick murdered innocent dogs... My chick owns a rescue you will not convince me that he served his time.

I'm not going to compare murdering dogs to kneeling during the anthem-- Vick's offense is clearly worse. Not even in the same stratosphere.

However, while both guys are controversial, one guy's "offense" is potentially an ongoing & reoccurring distraction.

This is just a fact regardless of anyone's stance.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
@8FOR!3

Look I love dogs and all animals. I think I was a teenager at the time and despised Vick for what he did. But in the American justice system if you're found guilty for something you serve your time and then you should be able to get out of jail and go work like everybody else. I'm aware that his stats looked good on paper. Can you remind me how many of those games he won? I want to say 1. But I'm not going to completely undermine that stat line because it's a team sport and let's say he's good enough to be the backup QB on just about every team. That's probably fair. I can also say the same thing about Tim Tebow based on his accomplishments. So why aren't either of them a backup QB on a team? I think it's for essentially the same reason. I could argue Manziel and other players who would probably make decent backups. RGIII is probably the same players as Kaepernick at this point in their careers. Christian Ponder, etc.

Also, from my perspective as a fan. Fans are the ones paying for the entertainment and many of us don't appreciate players protesting on our dollar. I'd say that's shown in the NFL's decline in viewers this year.

Want to make it a point that I don't intend any personal disrespect to any of the posters and I'm glad we can have civil conversation on this site that doesn't result in name calling and etc. I do understand your points as well and can absolutely see where you're coming from wether or not I agree completely.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
As much as its clear collusion is happening there's very little chance he's going to be able to prove it

It's not clear collusion at all, though.

Each and every team could legitimately and independently think it's best if Kaep isn't a part of their team because the distraction doesn't outweigh the reward.

There doesn't have to be a fix between owners here to get the same outcome.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
@8FOR!3

Nobody is trying to convince you he served his time. On the other side its many that don't give a bleep about dogs like you do that say oh well and or he did his time. People have different views depending on whats important to them.

waving monkey

Reaction score
As the Zek case shows, it has a lot to do with whoever the judge is. Any reasonable person can see that no collusion is necessary ... no one wants to put up with his baggage compared to what he can bring to the team. However, a judge can forgo common sense if they want some headlines.
no one wants the public relations night mare but should have the courage to grant his right to express himself.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
IIRC saw something posted by Florio that if the league is found guilty of collusion it voids the current CBA so that would be another huge can of worms opened up

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/prof...date-the-cba-through-collusion-grievance/amp/

WhizKid

Reaction score
Kaepernick threw 16 TDs vs 4 Interceptions last season for a 91 QB rating.

He also ran for 2 TDs.

I'd hardly call those "trash" stats, especially considering how poor the 49ers offensive players have been.

From a pure football perspective, I'd say he is talented enough to be QB2 or QB3 on nearly every team in the NFL.

LOUDER FOR THOSE IN THE BACK!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He had a 4.3 GPA in high school, a 4.0 in college and scored a 38 on the wonderlic. Try again champ.
His comment made my blood boil. I already knew this about Kaepernick. It is just AMAZING the assumptions that are made! Based on what? I would love for that poster to opine on why he ASSUMED he could not read!

EST_1986

Reaction score
IIRC saw something posted by Florio that if the league is found guilty of collusion it voids the current CBA so that would be another huge can of worms opened up

Kap would be heralded a hero if this happens