Twitter: Jerry: Kyle Pitts and Visions of Sugar Plums

Sydla

Reaction score
Great, if he's there at 10 and you take him, I can live with that.

You trade up, giving up anything more than our 3rd round comp pick, it's going to be nauseating.

And since some will likely question me on this, here's my logic. It's well established by the front office and the homers on this board that the Cowboys use FA for depth and low bargain players that maybe they will get lucky with and turn into something more than JAGs. That they use the draft to find their real players, their stars, their starting caliber talents.

OK. If that's the case, you can't start chasing offensive players and giving up prime picks to do it. This team has clear needs for talent at CB, S, DT and you can even argue LB if you think Smith and LVE aren't long for this world. So if we have these needs and the draft is where we should expect the Cowboys to fill those clear needs, explain the logic in, say, trading the 10th pick and 44th pick or even 75th pick to go chasing a TE in the top 10?

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Out of 22 starting positions on offense and defense, tight end is the 22nd most vital to winning football games.

It’s not worth a top 10 pick no matter how good he turns out to be. Don’t do it

RS12

Reaction score
By sugar plumbs you of course mean $$$$$ dollar signs.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I can see it now: "There's been a trade. The Miami Dolphins are trading the 6th pick to the Dallas Cowboys for the 10 and 44th pick in the 2021 draft."

And this place would be happy with that capital being given up too. Lol

Trade #10 and #44 for #6 and draft Pitts.

Trade next years 1st and Gallup to a team in the 25-32 range this season for their 1st this draft, for one of the Safeties we like, Phillips, or another defensive piece.

= we're essentially giving up a 2nd next year and Gallup, who's on the last year of his contract and we're not paying anyway, for Pitts and a swap of 1's.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
This is the 3rd meeting with Pitts now I believe. I don’t see this being a smokescreen. This is a good chunk of calls for a guy they won’t have a shot ** unless it’s a big trade up to 4

Sydla

Reaction score
This is the 3rd meeting with Pitts now I believe. I don’t see this being a smokescreen. This is a good chunk of calls for a guy they won’t have a shot ** unless it’s a big trade up to 4

If they trade up for Pitts and blow premium picks to make the move, any homer arguing Jerry knows how to roster bid should hang their head in shame.

Sydla

Reaction score
Agreed. We can’t waste picks when our defense is doo doo

People and the front office have argued our FA strategy is sound because we use the draft for long term solutions. Fine. If that's the case, you can't be trading away premium picks that are needed to fulfill that stated strategy because you want to chase a TE in the Top 10.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Holy crap that is scary. Jerry with the love struck look in his eyes. It's coming. We are moving up for Pitts. There is no doubt.

I love Pitts and I would have no problem at #10, but it is not worth adding extra draft capital to the deal. Pitts pimping his boy Horn as the toughest player he faced though.