Twitter: Jerry: Kyle Pitts and Visions of Sugar Plums

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Pitts is more of a WR than a TE.

and wr ranks somewhere in the low teens, but still he is not.

a TE half the time is an inferior WR, and half the time is an inferior OL. Look at the greatest seasons a TE has ever had, they pale in comparison to even every day pro bowl WRs. They do not impact a football game the way a top 10 pick should

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I can see it now: "There's been a trade. The Miami Dolphins are trading the 6th pick to the Dallas Cowboys for the 10 and 44th pick in the 2021 draft."

What's old is new again.
Dallas selected Claiborne with the sixth overall pick Thursday night, moving up eight spots in the first round after a trade with the St. Louis Rams. St. Louis got the No. 14 pick and the Cowboys' second-round selection, 45th overall.​

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Still no visions of Super Bowls because Jerry hasn't even looked at a defensive player.

We're going to make all of our players two-way players. We envision Pitts as a tight end/defensive end.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score

a TE half the time is an inferior WR, and half the time is an inferior OL. Look at the greatest seasons a TE has ever had, they pale in comparison to even every day pro bowl WRs. They do not impact a football game the way a top 10 pick should
Everyone said Hockenson and Fant would be all pro TEs 2 years ago. I haven’t heard a peep out of them

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Jerry be like...
giphy.gif

Hardline

Reaction score

There have been many TEs that have had a huge impact as an offensive weapon.
Gronk
Kelce
Witten
Sharp.
Just to name a few off the top of my head.

Sydla

Reaction score
There have been many TEs that have had a huge impact as an offensive weapon.
Gronk
Kelce
Witten
Sharp.
Just to name a few off the top of my head.

Now in fairness, Aerolith is an Eagles fan. So his posting about TEs being unimportant could simply be him setting up his disappointment if the Cowboys take Pitts. This way he can try to convince himself the Cowboys made a massive error.

plasticman

Reaction score
"I'm still so damn mad at Stephen... I get madder, every day, about missin' (Manziel)." - Jerry Jones's reaction to the Cowboys not drafting Johnny Manziel, one of the biggest busts in NFL history. Instead the Cowboys took G Zach Martin, a perennial Pro Bowler and probably the second best O-lineman in Cowboy history.

"When I look back on my life, I overpaid for my big successes every time and when I tried to get a bargain, get it a little cheaper or get a better deal on it, I ended up usually either getting it and not happy I got it. Or missing it. And I probably should have overpaid here. I was still mad about it. Actually thought we had it done." - Jerry Jones's reaction to not being able to draft Paxton Lynch. As it turns out, he didn't have to overpay and he did get a bargain without even trying. Dak Prescott is recognized as one of the best in the league having set numerous records and 2 Pro Bowl selections. And Paxton Lynch? Gone after two seasons with 4 starts and 128 pass attempts.

"Emmitt Smith is a luxury, not a necessity" - Yep, a J.J. classic. It was 1993 and Jerry tried to lowball Emmitt's new contract so he sat out two games. After a 0-2 start, Jerry decided to pay Emmitt who promptly went on that season to become the NFL MVP as well as the Super Bowl MVP...Apparently, the rest of the NFL considered Emmitt rather necessary.

“I’ve thought the best chance for us to be where we wanted to be, contending in the playoffs, was to go with the experienced quarterback in Drew, and I don’t know if I’ve changed my mind there at all.” - Jerry Jones's reaction to Bill Parcell's decision to give Tony Romo his first start over Drew Bledsoe.

My point is,

Don't listen to him!! Don't allow him to make decisions!! Make sure someone else is bringing that piece of paper to the commissioner when the Cowboys make their draft picks!! Don't allow him to dock his yacht until the draft is over!! It's okay for him to take interviews, it throws off the other teams. However, for the love of football, don't let him make the actual decisions!!!