Twitter: Jerry: Kyle Pitts and Visions of Sugar Plums

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Do you catch yourself doing this every time they put that old fool on camera?
I will remain a Cowboys fan.

Sugar plums? What an idiot, ripping off "Twas the Night Before Christmas"? Pitts playing Santa in Booger's dreams?

They should replay this next Wednesday.

Twas the night before the draft with me in my gown
Gene in her jeans with me trying to pull them down
Thinking of the throngs of family that I would hire
Decided off to bed with me now and as I need to retire
To visions of falling players and sugar plums dancing in my head
As all my faithful Cowboys fans dealt with their sense of dread.
Would I trade up or down, oh what would their Ole Booger decide
I would do what I always do, with my Johnnie Walker Blue by my side.
Most excellent..... :clap:

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well I agree with that, talk about a mad scramble push into the top ten for teams needing a QB but sitting around 20 like the Bears.
If the Niners would have moved up to #6 to draft Jones, then CAR, DEN or NE would still have been able to leapfrog them. The fact that SF paid a premium to move all the way to #3 (the de facto #1 at this point) means that they are sold on one specific QB, to the point that they are leaving no room for error in drafting him. IMO, there's no way that QB is Lance. It has to be Jones.
Agree with you on this and as I told some of my Niners friends they better be right. They gave up a lot. It was like watching the movie Draft Day.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Still no visions of Super Bowls because Jerry hasn't even looked at a defensive player.
In the last five years, if you look at the first three picks of each draft, the Cowboys have taken 6 offensive players and 9 defensive players

You can repeat the noise of the echo chamber here but facts are facts

Fact is, Cowboys have stated heavily for defense
Fact also is that those picks have been so-so

so to say they don’t even look at defensive players is objectively false

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Out of 22 starting positions on offense and defense, tight end is the 22nd most vital to winning football games.

It’s not worth a top 10 pick no matter how good he turns out to be. Don’t do it
lol we just saw a super bowl dominated by 2 TEs and you come with this made up stat.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Please somebody put an Ex-lax bar in Jerry's coffee the morning of the draft. It would be so encouraging not see his ugly mug in that war room for once much less Spaulding playing video games on his phone.

Hardline

Reaction score
Yet their numbers still pale to a glorified number 2 WR. They have a huge impact only when compared to other TE’s
That means nothing. A defensive end gets more sacks than a safety.
A running back gets more rushing yards than a QB.
You look at the total impact. Not individual positions.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
at 6'06" running a 4.4 246lbs, he would clearly put a lot of pressure on defense. I get why Jerry is enamored

aikemirv

Reaction score
Consider the competition, South Carolina, who plays in the SEC East, decided to put their best CB on Pitts because they had little else and Toney didn't play in that game and he is a very physical CB, more so than Surtain.

There is a ? about whether Horn's game can move to the NFL where they don't let them mug the WR's because they're the stars. And that was his game at SC, if he can't play physical, he's not as special. But they're both good CB's and worthy of the 10 pick.
Honestly, that's how Richard Sherman made his name - mugging people. It's just a matter of how good you are at it. A lot of the best CB's are the ones who are best at hiding the holds and mugging.

aikemirv

Reaction score
at 6'06" running a 4.4 246lbs, he would clearly put a lot of pressure on defense. I get why Jerry is enamored
Actually, the last thing our defense needs is a more explosive offense. Putting them on the field more often is a recipe for disaster.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Actually, the last thing our defense needs is a more explosive offense. Putting them on the field more often is a recipe for disaster.

I understand that and I am one who wants Surtain, however as I have said I would not be upset with Pitt. Personally I think Pitts goes before Dallas pick and pray that he does not go to NY and Philly who have picks right behind us. This guy is a mismatch for LB and safeties.

Also understand a reference a poster here made of Randy Moss. Dallas needed DE and took Greg Ellis and passed on Moss, many regretted that for years. Guys of that height and speed do not come around often. Again I'm on board with defense but I get why Pitts is an attractive pick should he fall to 10.

Wichitaleafs

Reaction score
I can see it now: "There's been a trade. The Miami Dolphins are trading the 6th pick to the Dallas Cowboys for the 10 and 44th pick in the 2021 draft."

And this place would be happy with that capital being given up too. Lol

A 44th pick for Kyle Pitts....im in.

Mr_437

Reaction score
In the last five years, if you look at the first three picks of each draft, the Cowboys have taken 6 offensive players and 9 defensive players

You can repeat the noise of the echo chamber here but facts are facts

Fact is, Cowboys have stated heavily for defense
Fact also is that those picks have been so-so

so to say they don’t even look at defensive players is objectively false
I'm glad you got that off your chest.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That means nothing. A defensive end gets more sacks than a safety.
A running back gets more rushing yards than a QB.
You look at the total impact. Not individual positions.

What is the total impact of the TE? To block inferiorly to the OLman and be less active I. The passing game than the WR. RBs, QBs, safeties all have multilayered roles beyond those stats. What is a TE’s additional roles? Rushing? Passing? Placeholder perhaps?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What is the total impact of the TE? To block inferiorly to the OLman and be less active I. The passing game than the WR. RBs, QBs, safeties all have multilayered roles beyond those stats. What is a TE’s additional roles? Rushing? Passing? Placeholder perhaps?

depends on the TE. Have not seen many 6'06" TE running 4.45 40's. That is a nightmare match up where LB and or safety covers the TE.