Jerry making mistake keeping Garrett

cowboyed

Reaction score
I’m very passionate about my instincts . And relentless when I feel strongly about something.

So, do you need another loss in Chicago. What would sway your thoughts?

We see that you are very passionate and relentless. Can I get you to work commission only for me, selling casket time shares? It's the next big thing for millennial vampires.

kskboys

Reaction score
If you are being serious now, your suggestion is short sighted, naive to state the least. If we were out of any semblance of contention, possibly. The disruption is not worth it. It could make us look like bigger clowns.
Naive? Short sighted? Those words in no way fit this argument. I think you should rethink instead of throwing cheap insults.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it really matter? Is Garrett the reason they are playing like they are? They're all down so they're not going to give their all?

Some guy's going to come riding in and change the O and D 13 games into the season? Or they can put Marinelli in as the interim and he can entertain them with his HC record or Richard can just yell at them or the coach that hasn't figured out how to coach against good DC's can take over the entire team?

We're in the stretch run now and changing jockeys isn't an option. Going to have to see what this one can do for the next 4 games. And maybe a 5th one.

The fact, at least to me, is that many over valued the talent on this team because ball protection, execution and mental mistakes have been too numerous for this team to be that talented. If anyone here can watch NO, SF, SEA, GB or MIN play and think this team can consistently play like that against good teams, you have truly sold yourself.

Changing coaches at this point or an interim one will change nothing. These players are not playing like that because they don't like Garrett or want him gone, this team is a mid level team.

Stop looking to the sideline to fix your blame; look to the field to see the reason.

kskboys

Reaction score
My argument is the disruption we already have is too toxic to overcome. Thanksgiving was the first example. I expect this Thursday night to be our second example.

Regardless I don’t see how him remaining when his future is all but certain is a healthy atmosphere for success down the stretch.
Our only answer to winning this game is to pound the running game relentlessly. That's what JG did when he was under fire last season at 3-5, I'm curious to see if that's what he does again.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you are being serious now, your suggestion is short sighted, naive to state the least. If we were out of any semblance of contention, possibly. The disruption is not worth it. It could make us look like bigger clowns.
Who cares about what the clowns look like? That's Booger's Big Top but most of the clowns are in the suite.

kskboys

Reaction score
Does it really matter? Is Garrett the reason they are playing like they are? They're all down so they're not going to give their all?

Some guy's going to come riding in and change the O and D 13 games into the season? Or they can put Marinelli in as the interim and he can entertain them with his HC record or Richard can just yell at them or the coach that hasn't figured out how to coach against good DC's can take over the entire team?

We're in the stretch run now and changing jockeys isn't an option. Going to have to see what this one can do for the next 4 games. And maybe a 5th one.

The fact, at least to me, is that many over valued the talent on this team because ball protection, execution and mental mistakes have been too numerous for this team to be that talented. If anyone here can watch NO, SF, SEA, GB or MIN play and think this team can consistently play like that against good teams, you have truly sold yourself.

Changing coaches at this point or an interim one will change nothing. These players are not playing like that because they don't like Garrett or want him gone, this team is a mid level team.

Stop looking to the sideline to fix your blame; look to the field to see the reason.
Maybe, maybe not. However, changing HC's might give us a glimpse as to the real problem.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our only answer to winning this game is to pound the running game relentlessly. That's what JG did when he was under fire last season at 3-5, I'm curious to see if that's what he does again.
The conditions in CHI would warrant that. Got all that $ in the RB and OL, might be the time to lean on it and tell them just that. If that were me, I'd tell the team that the goal is to get 35 carries between Elliott and Pollard and 10 passes. And I'd make sure Pollard got 15 of those carries.

Besides that being a good approach in this game, that's exactly what they're going to have to do should they advance beyond the WC round.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
You seriously believe we have someone currently on the staff who is capable of turning this thing around overnight? Who? Why?
Because Jerry doesn't want any stumbling blocks on make a clean sweep and hiring the guy he wants. If Richard, Rod (or whoever you put in there) does well. It complicates the situation of just having a fresh start and new coaching search.

kskboys

Reaction score
The conditions in CHI would warrant that. Got all that $ in the RB and OL, might be the time to lean on it and tell them just that. If that were me, I'd tell the team that the goal is to get 35 carries between Elliott and Pollard and 10 passes. And I'd make sure Pollard got 15 of those carries.

Besides that being a good approach in this game, that's exactly what they're going to have to do should they advance beyond the WC round.
They did in NE also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cern

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. However, changing HC's might give us a glimpse as to the real problem.
I have always been a proponent of the theory that problems should be nipped in the bud. cancerous tumors should be removed quickly, not waiting to see if they will change to benign on their own.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because Jerry doesn't want any stumbling blocks on make a clean sweep and hiring the guy he wants. If Richard, Rod (or whoever you put in there) does well. It complicates the situation of just having a fresh start and new coaching search.
Which supports my narrative that this makes it easier on Jerry while I’d argue not what’s best for Cowboys Football down this stretch.

Like Ksboys above referred to. Let’s see how much Garrett has actually been or not been the problem. I really can’t see what we have to lose .

Unless you’re not interesting in potentially sparking the team?

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Which supports my narrative that this makes it easier on Jerry while I’d argue not what’s best for Cowboys Football down this stretch.

Like Ksboys above referred to. Let’s see how much Garrett has actually been or not been the problem. I really can’t see what we have to lose .

Unless you’re not interesting in potentially sparking the team?
It makes sense because the team is in 1st place currently and will likely make the playoffs. Unless the team makes the SB, Jerry is moving on from JG.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
My stance is anything is better than a Lame Duck who the team isn’t winning for.

Why aren’t we willing to try. This is obviously hopeless. Not sure why everyone doesn’t see it?

What do we have to lose?
With Philly losing, the sky is not falling. There simply isn't a better option until the season ends. You think it's hopeless, but why is it we're leading the division? Throwing in the towel now is not a better option.

Who's gonna coach?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’m very passionate about my instincts . And relentless when I feel strongly about something.

So, do you need another loss in Chicago. What would sway your thoughts?
Instincts are typically based on something. Yours are on nothing.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No, it's not our only answer. Good lord, is this depressing thread contagious?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I've asked this question and no one has an answer.

If we fire JG right now, who's taking over? Who's available to coach?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I've asked this question and no one has an answer.

If we fire JG right now, who's taking over? Who's available to coach?

There is no good answer you dont pick good coaches up this far into the season . Heck we cant even find a kicker and that would be more help to us at this point than replacing Garrett .
I need to see another game to see if Garrett has lost the team . There is not so much as a peep comming from the locker room unless there is breaking news I have not heard yet .

If the team answers the bell in a game they should definatly lose in the best of days they are playing for Garretts job and we should ride it till the wheels fall off some where around the playoffs

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There is no good answer you dont pick good coaches up this far into the season . Heck we cant even find a kicker and that would be more help to us at this point than replacing Garrett .
I need to see another game to see if Garrett has lost the team . There is not so much as a peep comming from the locker room unless there is breaking news I have not heard yet .

If the team answers the bell in a game they should definatly lose in the best of days they are playing for Garretts job and we should ride it till the wheels fall off some where around the playoffs
The toxic talk is just clickbait. I would be all for making a change if we had at least a decent assistant we could bring up. But if you're not confident that they are your next HC then why take that chance leading the division? That's poor football. Not to mention we play in a couple days.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Let anyone put the headset on. Jerry can make decisions from the booth if needed.

Leaving a Lame Duck in place is an admittance of defeat. It serves no purpose.
Having a puppet serves no purpose so you recommend another puppet.
It’s simply an easier decision for Jerry. This is about Jerry not the Cowboys.
Defend him as the best puppet cause it's about Jerry then throw him in the trash heap cause it's about Jerry.