Jerry on 105.3 about Shaq Leonard and Eagles/Niners rematch

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If we never discussed money, then we never made an offer. Philly discusses money what does he have to choose from???
From my understanding, his contract is what it is from the Colts. It can not go up. I could be wrong, but I thought I read that at some point, so that would explain why they didnt discuss money... there was no need to.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is Leonard the piece the Eagles need to beat the 9ers?

No.

Would Leonard be the piece to propel Dallas past both the 9ers and Eagles?

No.

So, was this a big loss for Dallas?

The player has had issues with health, and is not the same guy he once was. Else why was he demoted at the Colts, and ultimately asked to be released, and it was granted. The Colts still owed him around six million.

I'm not going to cry crocodile tears over this guy signing with the Eagles.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
From my understanding, his contract is what it is from the Colts. It can not go up. I could be wrong, but I thought I read that at some point, so that would explain why they didnt discuss money... there was no need to.
This is correct. His pay will offset what Indy owes him.

If Jerry would have offered a million more than Philly, it would just mean that Indy would pay a million less. Leonard would make the same amount either way.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Just watch and listen to Jeff Saturday this morning and this was the best signing ever made in the history of Pro Sports...yeah, the guy who thought he could be the HC of a team and may have done the worst job doing so in the history of Pro Sports. That same guy

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score

Anytime the Cowboys can be in-the-loop a player and agent are going to take advantage for leverage it nothing else. Shaq knew he wasn’t coming here, this was just part of the game.

As for part II of Jerry’s comments, the 9er’s just set the record straight. Philly and Dallas may be on a comparable level, but the 9er’s are currently a cut above both of us. Not surprise me a bit if Dallas beats Philly but the 9er’s in a second match-up…ehh, not so sure about that one.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Broaddus on 105.3 said Leonard chose the eagles because he has former teammates and friends on that squad. True? Beats me.