Jerry on 105.3 about Shaq Leonard and Eagles/Niners rematch

davey999

Reaction score
I think we can beat the Eagles this week, but if the Niners stay relatively healthy, we have no chance against them. NONE

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
The offer for both places was the league minimum. Indy was always going to pay the rest. That is why finances weren’t discussed.
Guarantee the eagles gave him more. They signed him to a one year deal. Jerry also said we like our guys.

Carson

Reaction score

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we can beat the Eagles this week, but if the Niners stay relatively healthy, we have no chance against them. NONE
We were not healthy when we played them. Does that count or not? Does it meet the narrative or does it not matter for fans?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Guarantee the eagles gave him more. They signed him to a one year deal. Jerry also said we like our guys.
The eagles signed him for the vet minimum. You can’t pay him less than that man.

He’s making $6M from Indy this year. If Philly pays him more than minimum, it just means Indy pays less.

You should be more careful about your guarantees.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Chasing6

Reaction score
So what you're saying is we could not have offered more or a multi year contract?

davey999

Reaction score
We were not healthy when we played them. Does that count or not? Does it meet the narrative or does it not matter for fans?
IMO, it doesn't. If the Niners are healthy, they will kill us.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
So what you're saying is we could not have offered more or a multi year contract?
For him to make more than the $6M that Indy owes for this year, Dallas or Philly would have to be above that number for this season. Nobody in their right mind would pay a broken down, has-been LB that kind of money (or a multi year contract).

He was always going to get minimum no matter who signed him.

Gambit

Reaction score
It has been explained ad nausem the money doesn't matter, there is no new money for Leonard this year.

“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.”

– Alvin Toffler

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Is Leonard the piece the Eagles need to beat the 9ers?

No.

Would Leonard be the piece to propel Dallas past both the 9ers and Eagles?

No.

So, was this a big loss for Dallas?

The player has had issues with health, and is not the same guy he once was. Else why was he demoted at the Colts, and ultimately asked to be released, and it was granted. The Colts still owed him around six million.

I'm not going to cry crocodile tears over this guy signing with the Eagles.
Well said my friend 100% that is the case

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cutting between the BS, I suspect that after watching Philly's LBs look like actual poop, he viewed that as a spot where he could play a lot more than he would here.
I mean not only that but they have the best record in the league.

My only question is why did it take him so long to decide? He wanted to wait after they play the Niners? Just made no sense but yeah I dislike the Eagles and honestly think he would’ve been a bette fit for Quinn but Eagles were the right choice he gets to showcase himself.