Jerry on 105.3 about Shaq Leonard and Eagles/Niners rematch

Proof

Reaction score
Is Leonard the piece the Eagles need to beat the 9ers?

No.

Would Leonard be the piece to propel Dallas past both the 9ers and Eagles?

No.

So, was this a big loss for Dallas?

The player has had issues with health, and is not the same guy he once was. Else why was he demoted at the Colts, and ultimately asked to be released, and it was granted. The Colts still owed him around six million.

I'm not going to cry crocodile tears over this guy signing with the Eagles.
if i'm being honest, i cared only to be the chosen destination over philly.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why put yourself through it my friend?

You've proven to be a devout Cowboy fan, why bother with those who irk you?
Thank you my friend. Go Cowboys! At a different situation and time, ask me, and if you are interested I'll explain understandadly.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I think we can beat the Eagles this week, but if the Niners stay relatively healthy, we have no chance against them. NONE
Unfortunately I’m gonna have to agree. They look like a complete wrecking ball when healthy.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Is Leonard the piece the Eagles need to beat the 9ers?

No.

Would Leonard be the piece to propel Dallas past both the 9ers and Eagles?

No.

So, was this a big loss for Dallas?

The player has had issues with health, and is not the same guy he once was. Else why was he demoted at the Colts, and ultimately asked to be released, and it was granted. The Colts still owed him around six million.

I'm not going to cry crocodile tears over this guy signing with the Eagles.
I’m going to wait and see how he plays for Philly. Just a few years ago he was possibly the best LBer in the game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cutting between the BS, I suspect that after watching Philly's LBs look like actual poop, he viewed that as a spot where he could play a lot more than he would here.
I’m pretty sure this is 100% accurate.
He probably wanted a guarantee in regards to playing time...I don't think the Cowboys would give it to him...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guarantee the eagles gave him more. They signed him to a one year deal. Jerry also said we like our guys
The "we like our guys" thing has become a nonsensical source of criticism among some fans. What do you expect the Cowboys to say - that their players suck and the team will suck without upgrades? The smart thing is always to support the guys you have, and then play up a new guy if you bring one in.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Leonard is playing for his next contract. In Philly he’ll get more run which gives him a better chance to get the next contract. In Dal he would’ve been a rotational piece.