Jerry on 105.3 about Shaq Leonard and Eagles/Niners rematch

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
All this hand wringing over Leonard. Just stop. He's an older and slower Damone Clark and he would not have taken Markquese Bell's passing down snaps away since he can't cover.

Can he help the Eagles? Probably, they have no healthy LB's over there. But at this point we see the name Shaq Leonard and we think all pro. If he was still that Shaq Leonard he would still be in Indianapolis.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
They offered him a double quarter pounder, but wouldn't pay for the cheese.

Shannon1

Reaction score
If they truly wanted him they would had offered a contract same old Jerry cheep as a diehard fan I get so sick of trade deadline free agency or signing a big name player never happens we will never make a Super Bowl with these clowns and I’m from Arkansas been a fan for 55 year 90 s Super Bowl is all Jimmy Johnson

Carson

Reaction score
If they truly wanted him they would had offered a contract same old Jerry cheep as a diehard fan I get so sick of trade deadline free agency or signing a big name player never happens we will never make a Super Bowl with these clowns and I’m from Arkansas been a fan for 55 year 90 s Super Bowl is all Jimmy Johnson
If another team is paying him $6 million. Why would you pay anything more than minimum

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I'm hearing is because Indy is contractually obligated to pay him, the team that signs him only has to pay league minimum, and Indy covers the rest.

Regardless, it easily could have been Leonard's plan to just meet with the teams first, then decide which one to talk to about contract details. Many of the reports are saying his choice was based on where he would have the best chance to get significant playing time, and/or which team he felt was more likely to win.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
The guy was cut from a team trying to make a playoff run. That should tell you everything.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones: "He wanted to go where he thought he had the best chance."

Did Jerry just admit that he knows we don't have a chance at getting to the SB with who we have?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m fine that they didn’t sign him. The consensus is that he’s not the player he used to be, and may never be again.

But spare us the ‘both ways’ talk about ‘confidence in our linebackers’. If you were so confident, you wouldn’t have looked at the guy.

rambo2

Reaction score
How about reading a liitle and learn what actually happened?

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure this is 100% accurate.
Ours look like poop with exception of Bell, who’s pretty much just another DB on the field. Clark is a JAG and that group is the weakest on the team. Even more so than the S group.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Is Leonard the piece the Eagles need to beat the 9ers?

No.

Would Leonard be the piece to propel Dallas past both the 9ers and Eagles?

No.

So, was this a big loss for Dallas?

The player has had issues with health, and is not the same guy he once was. Else why was he demoted at the Colts, and ultimately asked to be released, and it was granted. The Colts still owed him around six million.

I'm not going to cry crocodile tears over this guy signing with the Eagles.
He had a clause in his contract with Indy that guaranteed him $16.5 million if he were to get injured and could no longer play this season. Under the circumstances with that liability he was not worth keeping. He did not ask to be released, for obvious reasons. Now he’s working on next year’s contract hoping to impress some team to step up and pay him as much as possible. It won’t be for what the Colts contract would have paid him.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He had a clause in his contract with Indy that guaranteed him $16.5 million if he were to get injured and could no longer play this season. Under the circumstances with that liability he was not worth keeping. He did not ask to be released, for obvious reasons. Now he’s working on next year’s contract hoping to impress some team to step up and pay him as much as possible. It won’t be for what the Colts contract would have paid him.
I suggest you check with Broaddus about his asking to be released. I head him discuss this at length yesterday on 105.3.