Twitter: Jerry on 105.3

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It’s actually only 80,000 seats. The 90,000 capacity includes the Party Pass in end zones with no seats.

“ The stadium seats 80,000, making it the fourth largest stadium in the NFL by seating capacity. The maximum capacity of the stadium with standing room is 105,000.“

So we can have 30-35K and still meet the social distance standards???

InTheZone

Reaction score
Moore is keeping the offense down. Still with the run on 1st down Garrett offense.. Zeke's longesr run was 14 yards. Won't use Pollard. Pollard only 4 combined touches (2 at RB, 2 receiving ).
There might be truth to that to an extent. But I try to avoid not blaming players completely because its easy to say the coordinator should've called something else. A QB can always adjust the play that's called once he reads the defense.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I think Jerry is doing exactly what he always wanted anyways if he can win with Dak so be it but he's not going any further out his way to keep him with what's coming in the draft. Dak overplayed his hand with hiring of Todd France he and Stephen have always had some pretty tenuous negotiations before. Jerry like man I'm not going to try to break the bank this pandemic has that stadium empty and I will let it all play out. He will not try to go super bowl or bust this year folks he would love nothing more than to have a top 5 pick to be able to maneuver into the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. I can assure Jerry was not taking it too kindly that Dak turned down that money over a one year option. I know it seems very conspiracy theory-ish but trust me one thing about it if Jerry has a chance to get a mega splash and solidify the qb position for years to come with all those weapons he will.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think Jerry is doing exactly what he always wanted anyways if he can win with Dak so be it but he's not going any further out his way to keep him with what's coming in the draft. Dak overplayed his hand with hiring of Todd France he and Stephen have always had some pretty tenuous negotiations before. Jerry like man I'm not going to try to break the bank this pandemic has that stadium empty and I will let it all play out. He will not try to go super bowl or bust this year folks he would love nothing more than to have a top 5 pick to be able to maneuver into the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. I can assure Jerry was not taking it too kindly that Dak turned down that money over a one year option. I know it seems very conspiracy theory-ish but trust me one thing about it if Jerry has a chance to get a mega splash and solidify the qb position for years to come with all those weapons he will.

You've said a lot ......lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can honestly say i hate jerry jones
I was one of his earliest detractors on the old site and fought that "he's the best owner" BS for years. Good owners hire good GM's.

However, I do not hate him or even dislike him because I don't know him. I've never thought he was a good GM but he owns it and can do whatever he wants with it, I don't have to remain a fan. I avoid exposure to him because he's got an annoying personality and I don't like his ego and need for attention.

That said, this is what we all signed on for and it's not going away as long as he draws breath. Some try and sell themselves that his son has taken over but he does only what Booger allows him to do. You see who's speaking, don't you? The son will catch some minor spotlight later in the week.

One thing that is the same here that was on the old DC.com, Schizophrenia reigns here because I could swear just last week he was getting all that applause for the draft and these FA pass rushers.

This is not meant for you HK but this is one loss against a team opening the 9th Wonder of the World with a very good coaching staff and a NFL worthy D.

As far as the need for players, no team can have depth at all positions and these injuries hit them in exactly the wrong place. Hell, the RT injured was a backup. How many starting quality OT's are in the league? Vander Esch's injury is the clavicle, not the neck that he had surgery for and they went in light on TE's because of the other skill positions on offense and McC is not known as a TE guy anyway, he likes WR's and RB's.

We want to call out Booger start with that 21M DE, the 2 FA''s are better than he is.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven’t heard any announcement on this. So far just selling tickets with seats. This is probably what Jerry is referring to when he says they’ll wing it.
I think he's waiting on any possible backlash from the venues that did have fans. So far, the hurdle looks cleared but as we've seen, things change quickly.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
No plans to bring anyone in to help this crappy oline, safety play, soft linebacking core or a starting worthy TE?

I hope Schultz change my opinion of him. I would love to have a athletic TE again to occupy the middle of the field and can actually do something with the ball in his hands and not just hopefully catch it and gets tacked.
Oline plays some good defensive lines this season. Getting no help? I hope we plan to shuffle some guys around then.

If we start the season 0 - 3 I wonder what Jerry will say then.

cern

Reaction score
lb is my biggest concern. the o-line will return to some semblance of itself with the la'el collins return. but lb is in deep kimchee. lee and lve out is a killer. next weeks game will be telling as to how good our coaches really are. the o-line needs to step it up, the lb's need to step it up, and the te's need to step it up. and definitely time for the coaching staff to step it up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think he's waiting on any possible backlash from the venues that did have fans. So far, the hurdle looks cleared but as we've seen, things change quickly.
Coach- I dont think it’s too early for your first “ must win” thread.

Avoiding 0-2 heading to Seattle is about as dire strait as we could be now. Not sure if can overcome 0-2. 1-2 with softer schedule coming up we might be ok.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you address TE from "within"? I mean at least at LB you can bring up the kid from Utah.

But we have crap at TE.
danielsanyou-best-karate-still-inside-you-now-time-let-out.jpg

starfan1

Reaction score
+1......with teams hoarding vets on PS, there's just not much out there. Not sure about Dez as TE....remember Jason Garrett once said ( praising Witten ) other than your QB, the TE has to know blocking schemes for every offensive position ( helps OL, RBs and WRs ).
makes sense even if it from Garrett

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We have alot of needs early on and apparently not looking to trades or to use some other capital. Not looking good for this season.

Dumpster diving mayhem
This never was anything more than a rebuilding year.

I do not care what the owner, owner's son, head of personnel GM or anybody says about it.

Logic tells us when a HC and entire staff are fired..

that team is back to square one.

We typically have crap with Lady Luck and pick a virus year to rebuild in.

While it's against my nature as a dyed in the wool Cowboys fan..

I think we all need to have a backup team to root for in the days ahead.

Just my 2 cents.