Twitter: Jerry on angry fans: "They know I'll never sell the team"

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
No other GM in the NFL can build a team that is the most valuable franchise in all of sports!

phildadon86

Reaction score
I would not label him a sociopath. His personality is not that hardcore.

"What makes a person a sociopath?
Antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental disorder in which a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others"

I beg to differ.

tunahelper

Reaction score
lmao, so he's saying screw you guys, I don't care how you feel about the team.

LOL.........jerry wins.

come on guys support the team, don't be a hater like me. Jerry still needs you to buy the stupid junk and buy tickets. do it for jerry, while he laughs his arse off at you..
If you go out buy anything Dallas related you are a big chump and Jerry is your Daddy.

Big_D

Reaction score
No but maybe you can start making common sense decisions? Lets start there!He should be booed in his own stadium. He'll feel that. Can't kick'em all out.

At least we know he really wants to win! I feel better!

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I don't even want him to sell, he's a good owner. He just doesn't need to be as involved in day to day ops. Just bath in dollar bills and let people you hired do their jobs

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"What makes a person a sociopath?
Antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental disorder in which a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others"

I beg to differ.
Understood. I will counter with narcissism and/or narcissistic personality disorder:

Full descriptions of signs can be read here: https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/narcissism-symptoms-signs

Signs of Narcissism

Narcissism is still being studied and explored, since many narcissists and people with NPD don’t seek treatment. However, there are some common traits of people with narcissistic behavior that you may be able to spot.

Sense of Entitlement
Manipulative Behavior
Need for Admiration
Lack of Empathy
Arrogance

Psychological traits or disorders often have similar overlapping symptoms. In my opinion, Jerry Jones internally lacks empathy--although he publicly demonstrates the opposite. Lacking is not equivalent to absent. I have witnessed enough to believe he is not devoid of empathy--which is an APD requirement.

Additionally, some super successful people have been associated with narcissism. There are exceptions but that is not typically the case with antisocial personalities in the business world.

The remaining criteria--sense of entitlement, excessive desire for admiration and arrogance (the example in the OP is an excellent example)--have been demonstrated by Jones very often in three and a half decades.

Of course, sociopaths have manipulative tendencies but they are usually of a malevolent or violent nature. Not as bad as psychopaths though. Jones is manipulative but his is more of the conniving variety. An excellent example is how he manipulated those around him when Terry Bradshaw cornered him about Jimmy Johnson's induction in the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor in August of last year.