Twitter: Jerry on angry fans: "They know I'll never sell the team"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys nation doesn't care whether or not you sell the team Jerry. Just freaking step down as GM! What part of that don't you understand?! o_O
He understands that. Completely.

It is a narcissistic tactic. Divert criticism from his oversight of football operations, which he can easily do, and rile up folks enough into attacking his ownership, which would be difficult for him or any other team owner to do.

Remember. It's Jerry Jones.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well hell, guess we'll just have to hope for him to die soon?

Seriously, why should he sell his team?

No one is being forced to stay a fan. It's a business, you don't like a restaurant, a dry cleaner's, a store, you don't go there. Take your business elsewhere.

The problem is some still think this is a football team, it is not. It is a conduit to an ego driven man's celebrity status and has very little to do with football and he's admitted as much.

visionary

Reaction score

basel90

Reaction score
well Stephen is next in line , and he does not want another GM coming in if Jerry is gone. This is why sean payton is not being hired. He will overshadow stephen . Stephen seems as clueless as jerry

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We know you'll never die
Sounds like The Picture of Dorian Gray scenario. Jones has hidden a portrait of himself in an attic that is wasting away while he remains unaffected by time.

He must have done something wrong though. His portrait may look like crap by now but he looks more and more like The Cryptkeeper with each passing day.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
update on the secondary market. Stuff looks under face value in most sections. I am about to lower my price below what I paid for the ticket. So if anyone has ever wanted to go this is the week to do it. I can't imagine no matter how bad the tickets will dip below face value again.

Toro9

Reaction score
Sounds like The Picture of Dorian Gray scenario. Jones has hidden a portrait of himself in an attic that is wasting away while he remains unaffected by time.

He must have done something wrong though. His portrait may look like crap by now but he looks more and more like The Cryptkeeper with each passing day.
:lmao2:

Zordon

Reaction score
update on the secondary market. Stuff looks under face value in most sections. I am about to lower my price below what I paid for the ticket. So if anyone has ever wanted to go this is the week to do it. I can't imagine no matter how bad the tickets will dip below face value again.
Lots of Ohio transplants in the area so there will be a lot of orange there on Sunday. Or as Jerry calls it, "new money".

JayFord

Reaction score
Jerry would be dumb to sell the team, the team brings in Almost if not a billion every year

plymkr

Reaction score
People should never go that far but I think your concern is valid.
I'm concerned for people's safety, refs, fans and players. If we get blown out on sunday things could get ugly, if we keep getting blown out and Jerry keeps doubling down, things can get scary. I wish they would publicly display what happened to the fans that threw things, ala getting arrested, to be a deterrent for anyone else who wants to get violent. Anyone who goes far enough to throw things needs jail time. No excuses for that IMO. It presents an unsafe environment for everyone else now.

CoachD

Reaction score
No **** Jerry especially for 8 Billion! Who has that money laying around anyways Elon Musk?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't care about us so I don't know why we should care about him. Winning is not top priority on him. I honestly think he's cracking up though. Now he's blasting the fans. The boo birds need to be out at the stadium if we lose big.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well hell, guess we'll just have to hope for him to die soon?

Seriously, why should he sell his team?

No one is being forced to stay a fan. It's a business, you don't like a restaurant, a dry cleaner's, a store, you don't go there. Take your business elsewhere.

The problem is some still think this is a football team, it is not. It is a conduit to an ego driven man's celebrity status and has very little to do with football and he's admitted as much.
A Super Bowl win to him is like getting an "Executive of the Year" award .. great if you do, but if you don't you are still worth more now than you were last year so it does not really matter.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8Mb9.gif

e34d31e0-dbfb-4a0e-8626-8d005caee6aa_screenshot.jpg
I am inspired by this. Time to conceive a clever masterplan. Here goes:

1. Cowboys fans approach Elon Musk.
2. They convince Musk to finance building the biggest rocket ever made in exchange of an opportunity to purchase the Dallas Cowboys franchise.
3. Musk builds the rocket.
4. The entire Jones family is kidnapped with no ransom demand.
5. The Jones clan is stored away in the rocket's cabin.
6. The rocket launches and begins its 80 million mile journey to Mars.
7. After liftoff, Musk contacts Roger Goodell about purchasing the franchise.
8. Goodell agrees, on the condition he can suspend Ezekiel Elliott six games.
9. Musk asks why. Goodell says it doesn't matter. Musk says, "Deal!"

It could work.