Jerry on Felix over Mendenhall

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
big play ability and splitting carries w/ Barber

said they don't think that Felix is a 20-25 carry back

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Mr.Barber, let me introduce you to your new 35 million dollar deal. :)

It's really gonna burn some butts around here and I'm gonna LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2054478 said:
big play ability and splitting carries w/ Barber

said they don't think that Felix is a 20-25 carry back
either is barber. coach jerry jones is back:bang2:

texastwister

Reaction score
I dont get it people thought Jones/Barber was a good combo before last season now we draft a straight ahead burst runner now it is a mistake.

links18

Reaction score
He also basically said we are going to try to get Chad Johnson. Not really, but he did that smile and wink thing again. :laugh1:

RodBro

Reaction score
Actually, I think the point of of selecting Felix was to get a poor man's Reggie Bush. Jones wanted a 'WOW' factor. Take last years offense and add a Reggie Bush type dimension. Are you feeling it?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Rampage;2054493 said:

Dan Snyder could use another fan...go for it!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
texastwister;2054507 said:
I dont get it people thought Jones/Barber was a good combo before last season now we draft a straight ahead burst runner now it is a mistake.
Becuase most people on this forum are idiots

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
texastwister;2054507 said:

WTH are you talking about, stright ahead burst runner?

:banghead:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
If this is the same interview I saw on NFL Network he basically said they picked Jones over Mendenhall because of big play ability, making plays in space, being able to spread him out wide and kick return stuff...obviously they have no intention of letting Barber go now because Jones did say they dont see Jones as a 20-25 carry every game guy, but they liked his big play dimension

said he called Adam Jones to inform him they'd probably be picking a CB high today anyway, even though he had just agreed to a deal here...said we needed the numbers at CB...explained CB over WR in 1st was more due to quality of CB than WR...says they see 3-4 WR's in the 2nd/3rd area that could come in and play some, but reiterated that they didnt see any rookie WR who could come in and play a significant role...

said they never seriously got into the McFadden stuff, said they probably would have had he dropped to the 7-8-9 area

didnt want to discuss Chad Johnson (said he wasnt allowed) and didnt mention any other veteran WR's

David

jumanji

Reaction score
it's not a bad pick, but if we don't sign barber, it would have been better to go with mendenhall. he would have provided insurance.

Sandman52

Reaction score
I still think that Jerry figured Detroit would offer RWII for the chance to take Mendy at 22. That's what I was thinking/hoping.

Mendy would not help this offense.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
jumanji;2054585 said:
it's not a bad pick, but if we don't sign barber, it would have been better to go with mendenhall. he would have provided insurance.

Jerry will not let Barber get away...just take it easy.

:star:

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Why does everyone keep on with the "but if we don't sign Barber" crap? How often does Jerry let young pro bowlers walk?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Rampage;2054493 said:

I think you can change you sig now, since your fantasy has diminished to nothing.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
ajk23az;2054605 said:
I think you can change you sig now, since your fantasy has diminished to nothing.

I wonder what his NEXT sig will be? :rolleyes:

:laugh2: