Jerry on Flournoy: He's got Dez Bryant stuff to him

Plankton

Reaction score
E75ShFG.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Flourney doesn't need Jerry to make his star shine -- it will come with the guy's talent.
JJ thinks he needs his praise to win our hearts! He'll impress us on his own . . . :flagwave:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Personally I can’t wait to see Flournoy play. I gotta good feeling about him. You? You’re too blinded by your hate of Jerry you didn’t even acknowledge him as a player and instead just crapped on Jerry.
He got going in the preseason after a slow start. I think expecting him to be Dez or even Dez-lite at this point would be too much (not saying you are expecting that). He's a smaller-school guy who may need some time to adjust to this level of play. (Past NFL players have noted the difference in speed of play from college to the preseason and then the preseason to the regular season, so it takes some adjustment.) I liked the pick when we made it, but I won't be surprised if his NFL trajectory is more Miles Austin than Dez Bryant as far as development. Or being that he's a late-round pick, it won't be a surprise if he never gets to that level.

Sheepherder

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on rookie sixth-round pick WR Ryan Flournoy: "I'm anxious to see him make his first catch with the Dallas Cowboys. He may be something special for us. On a personal basis, he's got Dez Bryant stuff to him. Boy, is he an athlete. I'm glad to see him get this opportunity ... he could show out."

Okaaay!! Only if Jerry says so.

anava

Reaction score
So great took an injury to get on active roster. Wonder if he will get any meaningful play time.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd settle for more like Noah Brown. He was a good WR#3 for us, and did well in Houston.
Related topic: Noah Brown has continued contributing solidly as a supplemental receiver with Washington. His targets have been modest thus far compared to the #1 receiver in Terry McLaurin but his successful catch rate on first, second and third downs has been quite high.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
So great took an injury to get on active roster. Wonder if he will get any meaningful play time.
Gosh, I remember when Jerry drafted Jaylon Tolbert. All we heard about how great he was gonna be amongst quiet a few others he bragged about that turned out to just take up space.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dez is one of the Cowboy GOAT WRs and had a passion for the game and the team that many players don’t possess.
I understand your affection for Dez and your attachment to him. You and Jerry value different things than I do. You and Jerry have a different definition of passion than I do. You and Jerry have a different definition of leadership and commitment and teammate than I do.