Jerry on how to get the run game going

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Part two of the answer should have been, "and...ahh...ahh...we probably should have considered drafting or trading for ahh...ahh...another back that is better built to ahh...ahh...carry the ahh...load and that way we could ahh...ahh...keep Tony as the ahh....ahh...complimentary back that he is."

plasticman

Reaction score
The RB position is probably the one that Jerry understands the least.

I should have just listed my reasons in a file somewhere in my computer so I can just copy it. I don't have the energy or time right now to write a dozen paragraphs.

Suffice it to say, if you look at the history of the position since Jerry became owner, you will see Emmitt's holdout, Barbers promotion to franchise back, the free agency departure of Murray, and the contract of Zeke.

Do Jerry's actions indicate that he knows what he is talking about?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better run blocking.

I don’t find it coincidental that the run game has been far worse now that Schottenheimer has introduced his new OL blocking scheme.
But some on the OL seem to be getting bull rushed, ending up in Dak's lap. Is that scheme or just not being strong enough?

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Why do you listen to this Dumbo GM? Cowboys threw the ball from 1989 until 11-18-1990 with the same results you have now. Then Jimmy Johnson got rid of the OC and ran the game plan through the running game of Emmitt Smith. I was at that Rams game in Anahiem. The Cowboys then went on a 4 game winning streak running the ball, passing to score, and resting the defense to attack fresh. 3 Super Bowls latter the rest is Dallas Cowboys HISTORY not Jerry Dumbo GM Jones Arlington Jonesboys STORY.

No running game is established with the pass. You pass to score and run to win. Defense wins championships. As long as there is football, that will never change.

Jipper

Reaction score
Him and our vice president have similar speech patterns

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't see them loading up. I see teams playing pretty standard defensive alignments against Dallas. What I do not see is offensive linemen moving defensive linemen out of gaps and getting to the second level amd making solid blocks.

But I saw this:

"We got a lot of confidence in Steele," owner and general manager told 105.3FM the Fan on Friday. "That was a pretty impactful situation we had there with the pressures. But we can do better there. We can do better with help there as well."

I think Jerry just told MM to get someone on that side to chip the rushers to help Steele.